ACM M&P. Don't tell me WE have beaten TM to it.........

FireKnife

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a fan of the tan frame. The plastic used and the Tan dye looks a bit cheap compared to the real ones I've seen. The mold lines and huge gap between slide and frame at the front of the gun doesn't help either.

Sorry for dragging this up, but what do you mean with huge gap between slide and frame? I looked at alot of pics of the real one and the WE almost looks to have better fit or equal? Maybe the shadows in the airsoft pics make it look worse. The mold lines are there on the RS as well but far more faint so yeah...

MP9_Safety_206301.jpg

High res RS.

I know you have one so you might know better but just curious exaclty which part you mean.

So here's some observations I've made and some answers to some people's questions.

MAG RELEASE - Is NOT convertible to left handed. It might be possible to modify it to do so, but I'm not going to attempt it as I'm right handed.

MAGAZINE - Real mag floor plates WILL NOT fit the WE mags

-Holds 24 rounds

-Holds plenty of gas, conservative shooters should be able to easily get 3 loads (or more) of BBs from a single charge of Propane/Green Gas. (I got 2 1/2 rapid firing and with little to no rest period between mags)

FRAME - The back straps are 95-98% compatible with the real gun. The WE grips fit on real gun with a slight gap at the bottom; real grips do not fit the WE unless modified.

- The frame rail is pretty much perfect. I pulled my Insight "Procyon" weapon light off of my real M&P and it mounted just as securely as it does on the real gun.

- Mine is a tan/FDE frame. The color is very close to the FDE from the Magpul PTS line.

HOP-UP - Hop-up is TM type (similar to TM Glock)

- My hop-up adjustment wheel is defective. There is a dip in the wheel that causes it to catch on the inside of the hop-up unit making it virtually impossible to adjust the hop-up setting. I replaced the wheel with a modified wheel from a KJW P226. The adjustment wheel from a HFC Glock will work w/o modification.

- Hop-bucking and inner barrel are NOT standard. I compared the inner barrel & the bucking to those of HFC Glock, WE Hi-CAPA, KJW P226, KJW 1911, KJW Hi-CAPA & KJW M9; none of them are like the WE M&P.

- Effectiveness of the hop-up leave a lot to be desired IMO.

GENERAL - The blow-back is very crisp and positive. (mine Chrono'ed 300 FPS w/ .20g BBs on Green Gas at approx. 65º F)

- Trigger pull is light and smooth. There is a lot of both pre-travel & over-travel. Trigger re-set is fairly long and "squishy" much like that of the factory reset on the real gun.

- Fit's M&P duty & concealment holsters perfectly

- Real M&P sights should fit. However, the rear would require significant modification to do so. Front should require little to no modification

- Thread adapter from WE Hi-CAPA fits directly on barrel

Update: Since posting this morning I have replaced the Inner barrel & hop bucking with those from an HFC Glock. My hop-up now functions as it should have from the factory. I can shoot .25 & .30g BBs with the appropriate amount of hop. The HFC bucking is slightly thinker than the OEM WE which causes the hop-up to rub on the outer barrel. I had to sand the sides of the hop-up unit to get a good fit. (I used 600 grit for those interested). If you want to change the bucking you will need to also change the inner barrel, as I stated above, the WE bucking & IB are NOT standard.

Here's another update on my gun...I installed a 9 Ball purple bucking and a Tight bore. Definitely an improvement over the factory barrel & bucking and the HFC that I initially used.

edit: I should also mention that according to sources in Hong Kong, the WE M&P is actually made by 3HK. IDK if it's true for sure, but judging by the build quality of the gun compared to other 3HK guns and other WE guns I don't doubt it.

The guy who got me my M&P has many friends "inside" many manufacturers and retailers in HK. I don't know specifically who he got that particular bit of information from.

I do know that he is rarely wrong about anything airsoft related.

If I had heard it from anyone else I wouldn't have said anything (and in hindsight I probably shouldn't have), but I've know this guy for over 10 years, and his info has always been solid.

Here's another update on my gun...I installed a 9 Ball purple bucking and a Tight bore. Definitely an improvement over the factory barrel & bucking and the HFC that I initially used.

edit: I should also mention that according to sources in Hong Kong, the WE M&P is actually made by 3HK. IDK if it's true for sure, but judging by the build quality of the gun compared to other 3HK guns and other WE guns I don't doubt it.

WE guns are made in Taiwan though, the factory are in Taiwan and its a not a Chinese/Hong Kong brand....

Neeh I don't think it is. If it was just WE with trades there would not be other differenses between the guns, but there are. And if it was WE doing that under another name we would see fully traded HK version of all WE pistols coming out very close to WE release. Again, so far only Glock 17, Glock 18C and Sig P226 have been HK:ed.

I really wish people would stop saying "it has night sights". It does NOT have night sights, the dots ARE green but do not glow in the dark, therefore they are not night sights.

If it IS GITD paint, then it's the worst I've ever seen. 20 seconds of 100 lumen light made mine glow for exactly ZERO seconds. I have since removed the factory green paint and re-painted my sights with "Bright Sights" GITD sight paint.

Neeh I don't think it is. If it was just WE with trades there would not be other differenses between the guns, but there are. And if it was WE doing that under another name we would see fully traded HK version of all WE pistols coming out very close to WE release. Again, so far only Glock 17, Glock 18C and Sig P226 have been HK:ed.

Just to add intrigue that WE = HK & vice versa; http://www.gasguns.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10004

Instead of "TACTICAL", it is "AUSTRIA".

I'm more inclined to believe that the avoidance of James & WE to address trademarks is so not to anger the powers at be. On the same note, there is no competition between WE & HK3 as the same company is making $$ regardless of whose stuff is more popular. Build quality & fit (@ the very least on HK3 pistols) are better than WE OOTB. HK3 probably has taken over production as there are some claims on the web stating XDM/XDMcS are all holding up rather well finish-wise.

I've heard people mention the evidence that HK3P and WE are not the same company since, unlike the Glocks and XDMs with their traded and non-traded versions, the M&P hasn't been released as a traded version. You need to bare in mind that the legal entities protecting certain copyrights are not all the same, and some copyright holders are at present much more litigious than others in Asia (e.g. Cybergun vs GLOCK Asia Pacific Limited). It's possible that HK3P is simply a separate OEM ... but based on my sources they're essentially one and the same, just that HK3P was created to try and insulate WE from getting them into even more legal issues than they're already wading through.

The XDM has not been released in seperate traded and non traded versions.

And again, if HK3 was indeed just WE under another name releasing traded guns we would see a better flow of these traded versions for all WE models.

I beleive WE bought out HK3 and took over their production to up their own quality and kill the competition.

Or like others have said they just don't need the legal ramifications from putting illegal trades on guns. And for the record the xdm and xdm compact pretty much both have the right trades and that was a we made pistol.

If the only differences people can find between the two company's it trades while still releasing the same exact gun I'd say they are the same company. I own a hk3 glock and a we glock. Both the same exact gun inside and out besides trades.

But on topic my m&p is great ootb and so far I like it more that my 3 yr old kjw g23 that's been a work horse.

Non ex I think your too worried on looks and what company did what. If you want the gun just buy it. It's more that worth the $108 shipped I payed and besides my ATP I've always bought cheap kjws which have never cost more than 90 shipped

I've heard people mention the evidence that HK3P and WE are not the same company since, unlike the Glocks and XDMs with their traded and non-traded versions, the M&P hasn't been released as a traded version. You need to bare in mind that the legal entities protecting certain copyrights are not all the same, and some copyright holders are at present much more litigious than others in Asia (e.g. Cybergun vs GLOCK Asia Pacific Limited). It's possible that HK3P is simply a separate OEM ... but based on my sources they're essentially one and the same, just that HK3P was created to try and insulate WE from getting them into even more legal issues than they're already wading through.

Seems like G17s & G18Cs are out of stock everywhere here in the US. I have never seen any G19s anywhere in the US either. I have a few clients in the LE community looking for some but they can't find any either. Evike keeps moving pre-order dates which now shows 1/2013.

Back to the M&P, got to fondle one today at my local AS store. I still can't believe this is a WE... AND, this is coming from a person who has used nothing but WE Tech pistols. They have certainly come a long way.

... And for the record the xdm and xdm compact pretty much both have the right trades and that was a we made pistol.

---

--- Non ex I think your too worried on looks and what company did what. If you want the gun just buy it. It's more that worth the $108 shipped I payed and besides my ATP I've always bought cheap kjws which have never cost more than 90 shipped

I'm not sure what your definition of "pretty much both have the right trades" is but the markings are different and the most "important" markings are missing.

And yes, I have ordered the pistol, both black and tan.

Again, if WE was HK3 in disguise, and seeing as how traded pistols sell like hot-cakes, and WE liking profit, if it were true, there would be a much bigger surge of models with authentic trades...

Archived