Thompson & Revolver Manufacturers

Mazuran

Mornin' all.

I'm thinking about getting an AEG Thompson, and I was wondering which company made the best full-metal one. Wooden furniture can wait for now...

And does anyone know if any company makes an airsoft webly-style revolver?

Ta in advance

You can get a metal Thompson from King Arms, seems to be about the best one around from what i have seen or heard, odd considering it is a King Arms.

As for an airsoft Webley, start drawing up the plan to make one yourself as you won't be finding one by any manufacturer that fires 6mm bbs (you can get some old plug cap ones and that is it).

'FireKnife'

You can get a metal Thompson from King Arms, seems to be about the best one around from what i have seen or heard, odd considering it is a King Arms.

As for an airsoft Webley, start drawing up the plan to make one yourself as you won't be finding one by any manufacturer that fires 6mm bbs (you can get some old plug cap ones and that is it).

'FireKnife'

Cheers guv.

Don't suppose anyone knows if there are any break-action revolvers already out there?

Nope, many on here are waiting for one but as re-activiating is illegal over here (airsoft purposes or not) it means we are stumped until someone makes one.

You have many options in autos and side loading revolvers but for top break, hate to say but you are about the 12th person i know that would like a Webley or even a top break in airsoft.

'FireKnife'

Then i will. TM revolvers are the middle ground between springers. Often spitting out around the 250 on Green mark, with a fixed hop so not that useful when you have automatic pistols that fire better.

The other issue is the shells are fixed and take 4 shots each, only giving you 24 before a slow and painful reload. You can get KWC and HFC ones with removeable shells but they are novelty items.

However Tanaka and Marushin make nice revolvers, with the Tanakas packing a punch, but they are hampered but other issues.

In short airsoft revolvers are lovely display pieces or mediocre pistol sized shooters, but they really take a lot to master on the field. Best to stick with a 1911 or BHP for that Allies side loadout (as you are going Tommy / Webley i would say you are most likely going Brit WW2?).

'FireKnife'

Thanks guys.

I'm not really aiming for a particular WW2 loadout - They're just things that I like the look of. I recently bought a WE Browning Hi-Power because, y'know, it's a Hi-Power... Oh, and every man and his dog has an M4 round here, and my inner hipster is getting louder and louder lol.

I have already got a 6mm revolver (An Umarex Ruger Super Redhawk) which is a foot-long Chrome monstrosity that shoots at around the 3J mark :S I was after something a little smaller is all. Might go for a little 4" revolver sometime...

EDIT: Abusing my own thread here, but does anyone have any ideas for Thompson magazine carrying? Will they fit into an MP5 or P90 holster? I

Thanks guys.

I'm not really aiming for a particular WW2 loadout - They're just things that I like the look of. I recently bought a WE Browning Hi-Power because, y'know, it's a Hi-Power... Oh, and every man and his dog has an M4 round here, and my inner hipster is getting louder and louder lol.

I have already got a 6mm revolver (An Umarex Ruger Super Redhawk) which is a foot-long Chrome monstrosity that shoots at around the 3J mark :S I was after something a little smaller is all. Might go for a little 4" revolver sometime...

EDIT: Abusing my own thread here, but does anyone have any ideas for Thompson magazine carrying? Will they fit into an MP5 or P90 holster? I

Not sure about the mag carrying here, but i am sure someone else could help. From what i recall you would be looking more P90 pouches or a repro mag bag / pouches from WW2.

As for practical revolvers, well you could pick up the TM M19 or Python revolvers, ok you only get 24 shots but that should be enough really. Other than that you have the Tanaka and Marushins but they either shoot too hot or too weak and require tweaking to get the best out of them.

Good to hear about the 'i don't want another bloody M4' as it is good to see other things getting used. The WE BHP is not the best around but still about the best budget Hi-Power you will get.

Anything else, well just ask away, i am sure someone knows the answers (pistols and pistol only loadouts are my speciality but that is it).

'FireKnife'

Umarex Ruger Super Redhawk

You'll need a proper revolver then. Both Tanaka and Marushin Make a Super Redhawk but neither have less than 7 1/2" barrels if you're content with the hand canon you have now. For 4" barrels and below Tanaka has a lot of models to choose from provided they are in stock which is seldom the case. The only ones Marushin makes are S&W J frames in 3" and 1.9" barrels as well as the M36 Japanese clone (Nambu M60) and 4" barreled Anacondas in .44mag which, though short, doesn't exactly fit the description "little".

@FireKnife The only other BHP I could find was the Tanaka, which is plastic and at least twice the price. I can always try and upgrade the WE BHP later if I feel the need to actually shoot something with it. First priority though is to get some real wood grips :)

@renegadecow The monstrosity I have at the moment is really not suitable for airsofting - but it is rather good for plinking with. It also comes in handy for scaring the bejeesus out of people at some LARP events...

I was thinking of something Colt Police Positive or Colt Detective Special style, but I might have to settle for a 2.5" Anaconda it seems...

2.5" Anaconda? I am confused, don't you mean 2.5" Python? From what i recall a real .44 Anaconda in 2.5" wasn't made as it would take your hand off :P

Still you have a choice of 2.5" revolvers, though some are awful (KWC ones anyone :P).

'FireKnife'

2.5" Anaconda? I am confused, don't you mean 2.5" Python? From what i recall a real .44 Anaconda in 2.5" wasn't made as it would take your hand off :P

Still you have a choice of 2.5" revolvers, though some are awful (KWC ones anyone :P).

'FireKnife'

I stand corrected :unsure: It is indeed the Python I am thinking of: http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/marui-colt-python-25-inch-new

Well, cheers for all the advice guys!

Not a god damn Super Redhawk. The trade name for this BS gun that resembles a crash between a Taurus Raging Bull and a S&W N-frame is "Ruger Superhawk". It also sucks compared to its shell-fed version sold as "Dan Wesson" revolver.

Both have the stupidest trigger pull this side of Taiwan, though, and indeed work best scaring the bejeezus out of random people.

391239_464414803577692_1711149997_n.jpg

Like this.

• 3 weeks later...

OP, you have held a Thompson haven't you? I only ask because their looks are deceiving they're huge and uncomfortable to hold(like Fireknife's mom)

Rather personal isn't it? Anyhow. I picked up a Cybergun Full metal M1928 (CYMA) with a Pine wood kit that had been stained for around £300 before Cybergun swapped to KA. It came firing at 370FPS+ which was rather high for many sites so got a downtune.

But as far as webley's there was a company out in the States who had some in production by a company in Japan. No idea what happened to them though as their webpage went down shortly after discovery (Had been inactive for around 3-4months!)

• 3 weeks later...

Rather personal isn't it?

Everyone expects me to make that kind of comment, nice to see others doing my duties. ;)

But anyway the Thompson is very much if you are the one in ten people it fits great, if not get another gun. They just fit you or they don't.

'FireKnife'

I'm glad someone agrees with me.

My Thompson, 'Bonnie', fits me like a glove.

Everybody seems to think Thompsons are not ergonomic, full stop. When, in fact, John T. Thompson put a huge emphasis into ergonomics whilst designing it. Okay so, it was only ergonomic to the shape of one man (probably Thompson himself), but ergonomic all the same.

If you can't handle the Thompson comfortably then there's two main options. Man the *fruitcage* up, or downgrade to some lesser weapon :P

Tanaka make/made a smith and wesson M10, which is a post war shorter barrelled version of the wartime Victory revolver. It's pretty much the closest you'll get to owning a ww2 period revolver unfortunately :L

HFC makes one too, and I'm sourcing one just to have a stand-in for a "generic service revolver".
  • 2 months later...

Archived