Thompson & Revolver Manufacturers

Mazuran

I have a Tanaka colt .38 Police Positive as a stand in for a S&W Victory revolver, and a TM Tommy, Get the barrel fix to it though if you want a TM, its not amusing having it snap in half.  Its an M1A1, which is unfortunate as I would prefer a 1928 for that authentic brit ww2 commando look, but beggers cant be choosers, and at the time it was the only thompson on the market.

That TM looks interesting if it comes with a spare cylinder, I bet someone will be able to do a kit to dress it up as a webly.

Edit=I dont have a problem with my thompson, though it is more comfortable to hold the receiver/ magwell rather than the horizontal grip.  I'm not sure if the vertical grip would be any different.

Hartford. If you miss the first production run (and I doubt it'll be longer than a thousand or two), there won't be another one. However, IIRC they rely on Tanaka for internals (yep, that "second cylinder" is the working bit of the Tanaka Pegasus system), so once you get one, it'll run on propane without much fuss.

Tanaka make/made a smith and wesson M10, which is a post war shorter barrelled version of the wartime Victory revolver. It's pretty much the closest you'll get to owning a ww2 period revolver unfortunately :L

The M10 is model number given to the Military & Police when Smith & Wesson stopped naming and instead gave numbers to there guns, in the 50's iirc.

The Victory was a Military & Police chambered in the British .38 Short (S&W) instead of the .38 Special. The Victory was also parkerized iirc unlike the M&P/M10 which wore Smith's more usual Blued Finish.

As for the barrel length the M&P/M10 has been made in everything from 2" - 6" over the years. The Victory was a 4", 5" or 6" with a V prefix serial number.

Used to have a deactivated 5" myself years ago.

Archived