Shorty AK

MotoSam

• 1 month later...

th_SG1S1816.jpg th_SG1S1817.jpg th_SG1S1818.jpg th_SG1S1820.jpg

Well I did the repaint to try to get a parkerised look about two days after my last update but wasn't happy with the colour so didn't post until now. However as I was clearing off my camera I thought I'd throw them up. I think I need a darker grey, any suggestions?

I also have enough parts to build this front end too, but won't have time until after my exams, but thought I would also put it up for criticism;

th_ShortAkconcept2.jpg

A major shortcoming of this gun is the battery space, what can you actually fit in a TM ak47s' top cover, 8.4 stick? I may have to get a decent li-po for this and my front wired mp5 to share. Suggestions for one that will suit the AK and mp5 hand-guard are welcome.

LiPo is the answer, I had to do the same with my galil, tubular stock, open topped handguard. The only spavcwe was aobove, go to hobby king for a turnogy Nano LiPo, I can't remember the exact size I ordered so you'll have to content yourself with measuring an 8.4v stick and looking from there :P

I think component shop .co .uk has the sizes on their site.

Archived