!Thinking of going to gas!

Kevlaa

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not entirely atleast, I havent heard of Justin doing any business by himself lately though, as Tony handless all the business in America and Europe.

So your best bet to get your hands on any Daytonagun products is through Tony at tnkguns.com

It seems he still has only the main kits(M4/AK/M249) shown on the internet site for instant purchase, so you'll have to throw him an email if you want anything else.

http://www.tnkguns.com/Airsoft.html

If you intend to actually skirmish with a gun on a serious level, GBB is simply out of the question.

It just does not work. The reliability factor simply is not there. Accuracy is poor, and the slower rate of fire, plus low mag count simply does not allow you to fight against AEG players on an even basis.

Wrong, wrong wrong.

Put an extra bolt and trigger pack in your bag. A lot smaller and less expensive than that backup AEG that's a must have.

Accuracy is as good or better.

Rate of fire and mag count is realistic.

More and more players here are showing up at a skirmish with a gas gun. The more there are the better it gets.

If you intend to actually skirmish with a gun on a serious level, GBB is simply out of the question.

It just does not work. The reliability factor simply is not there. Accuracy is poor, and the slower rate of fire, plus low mag count simply does not allow you to fight against AEG players on an even basis.

You must suck, play ###### Airsoft or just have a desire to be Spit roasted by Fireknife and Hwagen!

There are many softers around who play with GBBP/R who have no issue standing Toe-Toe with Hi-Cappers, that doesn't even count the people who run Bolt or Pump action effectively.

You should get back to the field work on your marksmanship (sic) and field craft.

I guess what he's trying to say is that if he's a beginner, you'll get pwn'd by AEG's. With their higher ROF (not realistic of course) and hi-caps, GBBR-s are more for veterans... unless you go to a milsim game, GBBR's are novelties in the airsoft sport.

That said, I will NEVER by an AEG again :)

I'm building my custom Inokatsu up right now, and it's just fun shooting the damn thing...

My local gamesite is dominated by hi-caps and speedballers who fire BBs like there's no tomorrow, but I'm still able to hold my own against them. Renegadecow does the same thing but with pistols (SAA Colts at that!) so your argument is invalid. If you're unable to fight against hi-caps with a GBB, you need to train more with your weapon system.

Bad workman. Tools. Blame.

Seriously, what is the problem? It seems far too few people can actually look at this from both sides.

The fact of the matter is that they are more realistic, and as a result they require a lot more maintenance. Part of that maintenance is fixing, much the same way it is on AEG's. Are they as practical? That is a user issue. Are they as accurate? Out of the box, at the same power levels, that is debatable until the cows come home. Both systems can be made very accurate. Are they as reliable? Much like AEG's, some have poorer quality parts and other models require more maintenance than others. It is down to the individual brand and model, and then onto the users' head for ensuring that it stays functioning as designed.

Their magazines have lower capacity; carry more magazines. They don't shoot as far; bad workman/tool analogy. They are not as reliable; inadequate maintenance.

I might seem very pro-GBB, right? Wrong. I use GBB pistols, which are proven more reliable than the GBBR's at present. I will eventually go to GBBR, but personally I think it still needs more time for the system to be improved, especially for use in Ireland (<1 joule energy) - gas gets very titchy, and there are some serious legal questions with the likes of NPAS kits etc.

AEG's are fantastic, and work quite well...but they are not the be all and end all. GBBR's are up and coming, and probably will eventually replace the humble AEG. People moved from the classics to the AEG due to practicality and realism...the same will happen again, at least I think so.

The GBB M16A1 I bought was the most expensive gun I've ever bought and led to over two months of <fruiting> about with the Very Well Known HK Supplier before I got my credit card co. to get my money back.

£500, about 20 shots, a load of hassle and I am not touching GBB primaries EVER again. AEG or springers for primary, GBB for sidearms and SMG and that's all folks.

Seriously - do not do it.

Depends if you have the wisdom to determine how to use it, when to use it, where to use it and what the problem is on it when it stops working and how to fix it.

Most people don't have that wisdom, but the only way to gain that wisdom is to fail time and time again with it.

Just remember its not entirely about the weapon.

I find it hilarious how chairsofters react to people telling them their GBBR is great as a wall hanger or novelty item, but little more.

I have a few GBBRs myself, and I have no vendetta against them, I'm just stating the facts. The facts are important, especially for new players.

I also find it interesting how many people claim they're "never using an AEG" vs. the actual number of people playing without AEGs in actual games that I actually go to.

It's not rare to see someone breaking out a GBBR on occasion, sure, but they'll use it in one or two rounds, then ditch it, usually after they get owned, or after some catastrophic failure that blows out a magazine, the old *click* ppppsssssssshhhhhhhhhhh

Again, just y own observations, from the close to a hundred of airsoft events I've been to. I have no reason to lie or exaggerate on this. It's the truth and I think anyone who is planning to invest their hard earned money in GBBR should know this.

A GBBR may be a novelty item to you but to me your electric sewing machine that makes a sound like someone fapping at a desk is a novelty item ;)

You can still play effectively with a GBB, you just have to understand that the game is not the same, you now have to count shots, to understand why your gun isn't firing as it should be and what is the best way to overcome the high capacities and 20rps+ of your opponent. When you can do this you are ready for gas. This though is if you are a serious player.

If, like me, you play to enjoy the company of your friends, have much merriment in doing so and can acknowledge that someone made a good hit on you then you will play with whatever you want so long as it is doing under the site limit. Somedays I just see how long I last, it wont be very long but really it is all in the fun, especially that one time when it all goes right and you have that one thing that airsoft should be about, a damn good chuckle at it all.

As for the games you attend, would these all be in HK or the surrounding East Asian area? Try coming over to the UK were we have military bases and full milsim, alongside run and gun fests that play in an area all of 1000m squared. Or failing that, the US were they can have day long ops out in the desert, an area that due to the heat along with the efforts for realism and mid or lo caps means the GBBR shines.

At the end of the day, don't assume. Some new players from other countries could find a GBBR fits them better ere as those in other countries in Europe that are long serving players may be running AEGs as the weather doesn't allow them to run an affective gas gun.

'FireKnife'

I find it hilarious how chairsofters react to people telling them their GBBR is great as a wall hanger or novelty item, but little more.

Sooo... you find it funny how people say GBBRs are no more than a novelty which is exactly what you just said earlier?

edit:

Don't mind me. Seems you weren't contradicting yourself and had to read it a couple times to realize it. But do you really call anyone who goes against what you think a chairsofter?

I think it comes down to the airsoft culture where people play really. I know for certain that GBBRs wouldn't go down well with the UFAC guys in Dubai because it doesn't have a box mag and a silly rate of fire. Meanwhile, I know of a milsim team in Canada that is in the process of switching over to GBBRs as it isn't a disadvantage to them.

What sort of culture is it like on the fields you play at IBMedic? Is it full of kiddies in full face masks, hosing each other?

IB Medic plays in HK if his locale is correct, in which case it's spray and pray fests galore, on tiny fields.

I made the switch top GBBR primaries with my WOC and it's been fine, less trouble than my AEG's, but I maintain it religiously, and I understand it throughout, when it goes pop *hisssssss* I know what to do and where to repair, I even carry a teeny can of pure silicone spray in my pack to re-lube and maintian seals etc in game.

It all depends on your attitude and style of play, do you play with dozens of hi-caps? Do you just take your gun to a gunsmith everytime it won't fire right? Then GBBR's are probbly not for you.

They are NOT as good as AEG's, from a technical standpoint, They can only match in accuracy, and better in response, but, lowers mag capacity, high-maintainance, exepsnive mags, replacing parts and a whole heap of fun go hand in hand.

@WhiteHawksan:

He is in HK, which if I remember correctly, isn't much different from what Renegadecow and I go through every weekend playerwise when it comes to spraying and praying. But each week both he and I still are able to stand against hi-cap toting players without playing at a large disadvantage. It's all about knowing your gun inside out - it's effective range, it's quirks and how you effectively deal with hi-caps. Don't blame the tools - blame the workman.

I really don't see how people can keep raging against pure logic?

What is a DISADVANTAGE of AEGs to GBBR?

How does having more firepower, more reliability and a greater assortment of upgrade options hurt?

I understand people like to e-peen about how uber tactical-cool mall ninja l33t they are with their super realistic GBBRs etc etc but... come on people, let's try to keep it real eh? We've all been doing this for years, no one is fooled.

And really, GBBR are far LESS realistic than AEGs in practical terms. Modern assault rifles are many times more reliable than ANY GBBR on the market.

GBBR is realistic if you dipped your gun in axle grease, then sawdust, and then ran it over a few times. Then you'd be looking at the same level of reliability.

so why then IBMedic, has my WOC not failed in 14 games? not once. I've never had to put it aside and go, sod it, I'll crack out one of my AK's (AEG's) because it won't fire any more?

And here's an advantage for you, just to make you happy, trigger response.

Here's a better advantage, FUN.

As for upgrade parts, I think you should try searching any of the major retailers for 'WA M4' and you might find there's the odd bit or two available now ;)

Hold on a minute, no one was really saying that GBBRs are better than AEGs, the argument is against your comment that they aren't skirmishable and you cannot hold your own all day against AEGs. That's a load of balls and you'll find that those commenting are those who do enjoy using GBB guns in skirmishes, against AEG users and don't feel super disadvantaged.

It's not about being being über ninjas tacticool mall *badger*s or whatever you said, it's about having fun.

FUN.

IB Medic plays in HK if his locale is correct, in which case it's spray and pray fests galore, on tiny fields.

I made the switch top GBBR primaries with my WOC and it's been fine, less trouble than my AEG's, but I maintain it religiously, and I understand it throughout, when it goes pop *hisssssss* I know what to do and where to repair, I even carry a teeny can of pure silicone spray in my pack to re-lube and maintian seals etc in game.

It all depends on your attitude and style of play, do you play with dozens of hi-caps? Do you just take your gun to a gunsmith everytime it won't fire right? Then GBBR's are probbly not for you.

They are NOT as good as AEG's, from a technical standpoint, They can only match in accuracy, and better in response, but, lowers mag capacity, high-maintainance, exepsnive mags, replacing parts and a whole heap of fun go hand in hand.

Uh... yeah, no sorry, just no.

Yeah, how about rather than making not-so-subtly veiled racist remarks against 4000 players in an entire country, actually try to contradict me with real FACTS?

1. The majority of the games in HK are semi-auto only

2. VERY few people use drum mags, very very few, I've seen less than 10 in all my 3 years here.

3. We have PLENTY of people who use GBBRs too. And the same thing happens, they get PWNED and they stop using them.

We're not talking about the player or the field here. We're talking about the gun. An unreliable wall hanger is an unreliable wall hanger wherever you go.

Actually, I see PLENTY of the expat types on HK fields. And they do two things:

1. Get horrible chewed up by the locals

2. Complain about how everyone else is cheating.

Yeah, reality is a b1tch

I am teh l33tzors mall uber ninja... I think :P

I'm not going to bother arguing with IBMedic, fuelling fools is folly in and of itself.

Needless to say, GBBR's can and ARE used effectively as primaries, in fact, even pistols are used as primaries. Your GBB's not the other one fireknife :P

They come with a different style of play, different maintainance and higher outlay.

Hwagan summed it up best a page or so earlier, if you answer his questions, you'll know if a GBBR primary is for you.

Why did I switch? I loved my GBB pistols, I never had problems with them as I kept them well maintained, My entire loadout consisted of 2 AK hi-caps taped together, so I didn't need a rig or anything, all my ammo and gun were together. I rarely switched the hi-cap over during a game. I found myself using a couple hundred rounds, semi-auto almost exclusively, playing for position and tactics rather than putting fire down, to me, this is a much more fun way to play.

This is however, one way to play, if you can, try playing with a low cap, or some mid-caps loaded up to 30/50rounds and see how you feel, try carrying a bottle of gas with you, I use a rucksack, or if you're uberleet an assault pack ;) If you find yourself feeling outgunned, stuck and not really having all that much fun, then you've just saved yourself £700~, if you go, oooh, I like trying to sneak up and I like getting the drop on them and it doesn't bother me when I get owned by 3 noobs with a hi-caps rental spraying at me then you're probably going to feel a tad lighter in the wallet ;)

I really don't see how people can keep raging against pure logic?

What is a DISADVANTAGE of AEGs to GBBR?

How does having more firepower, more reliability and a greater assortment of upgrade options hurt?

I understand people like to e-peen about how uber tactical-cool mall ninja l33t they are with their super realistic GBBRs etc etc but... come on people, let's try to keep it real eh? We've all been doing this for years, no one is fooled.

And really, GBBR are far LESS realistic than AEGs in practical terms. Modern assault rifles are many times more reliable than ANY GBBR on the market.

GBBR is realistic if you dipped your gun in axle grease, then sawdust, and then ran it over a few times. Then you'd be looking at the same level of reliability.

Gotta quote that before another post "vanishes".

As a smart man once said if it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, and swims like a duck it probably is a duck.

Archived