!Thinking of going to gas!

Kevlaa

I deleted my post because this is clearly going nowhere.

Some people on this forum clearly want to live in a fantasy world where they're an elite Delta "operator" that schools all the AEG "spray and pray noobs" of the airsoft world with their ultra-reliable, never fails GBBRs.

And who am I to break such a wonderful fantasy?

I mean, I'm just a spray and pray noob, playing in my tiny HK field. In fact my rifles fire selector consists of "Safe", "Semi", and "Spray and Pray".

My gun cannot take anything other than a drum magazine, cause we ALL use drum magazines, not like Canadian players, who qualify to operate in elite squads with their GBBRs.

I am also physically incapable of taking aim at other players, rules dictate that I have to shoot in their general direction and lead my BBs onto the target, cause you know, that's just what people with AEGs do.

So, thanks guys for putting me in my place. I'll just run home and go clean my drum magazines now while dreaming of my own GBBR that I can't buy, because we're not qualified here in HK to buy them, cause we can only spray and pray with drum magazines, cause that's the law.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I deleted my post because this is clearly going nowhere.

Some people on this forum clearly want to live in a fantasy world where they're an elite Delta "operator" that schools all the AEG "spray and pray noobs" of the airsoft world with their ultra-reliable, never fails GBBRs.

And who am I to break such a wonderful fantasy?

I mean, I'm just a spray and pray noob, playing in my tiny HK field. In fact my rifles fire selector consists of "Safe", "Semi", and "Spray and Pray".

My gun cannot take anything other than a drum magazine, cause we ALL use drum magazines, not like Canadian players, who qualify to operate in elite squads with their GBBRs.

I am also physically incapable of taking aim at other players, rules dictate that I have to shoot in their general direction and lead my BBs onto the target, cause you know, that's just what people with AEGs do.

So, thanks guys for putting me in my place. I'll just run home and go clean my drum magazines now while dreaming of my own GBBR that I can't buy, because we're not qualified here in HK to buy them, cause we can only spray and pray with drum magazines, cause that's the law.

I love guys like you.

I use only GBBRs as well (aside from my recently acquired TM VSR-10). They're primarily the reason why I even got into airsoft, because as someone who was well familiar with real firearms (Both in military and in sport), an electric gun only served to make me see the sport as a bunch of children running around with toy guns.

My first airsoft gun was a KJW M4 (not counting the KJW M9 I bought in 2001-ish to shoot cans with), which I bought after a friend suggested that I would enjoy it. I did, and I've played just about every weekend for the past 3 years.

I have never used an AEG aside from screwing around with friend's guns for a few matches here and there, yet I have never been outgunned, I have never ran out of ammunition during a match, And I have never had a technical problem which could not be solved with basic mechanical knowledge. I have, on the other hand, had a whole lot of fun. And part of that fun is the satisfaction of knowing that I'm whooping my opponents when they have supposed "superior firepower". A 300 round magazine does not make you a better player. Aiming does.

If you run out of ammo: Reload. Carry a speed loader with you if think you'll need to reload mags in game.

If you cant hit you target within 3 or 4 shots: Aim. This concept seems foreign to many airsoft players.

If your gun malfunctions: Learn. Look at the parts diagram, Take the gun apart. If you have ever touched a real gun, or are at all mechanically inclined, nothing in a GBBR will be shocking to you.

I still consider AEG's to be toys for children and always will. And I cant take any player running around with 1200 rounds on them seriously if they're old enough to drive.

I often play wearing 19th century attire and hold my own against AEG wielding players armed with nothing but a couple six-guns. I must either be a cosplayer or a mall ninja.*I also have video evidence of me being a cosplayer/mall ninja if you need it.

I dub thee "Sir Cat in the Hat".

I use only GBBRs as well (aside from my recently acquired TM VSR-10). They're primarily the reason why I even got into airsoft, because as someone who was well familiar with real firearms (Both in military and in sport), an electric gun only served to make me see the sport as a bunch of children running around with toy guns...

...I still consider AEG's to be toys for children and always will. And I cant take any player running around with 1200 rounds on them seriously if they're old enough to drive.

Either way you look at it, airsoft guns ARE toys, be them AEGs, GBBRs or springers. Everyone gets into the hobby for their own reasons, different things about it appeal to them. Some like to blat a million rounds every weekend, some like to play the role of SF and might not even fire a single shot all weekend and some just want to get out there, push themselves/have a laugh/relieve some stress/hurt people/etc.

There is no right or wrong way to play airsoft as long as you are playing within the rules of the field or event that you are at. The only ones I will judge are those who purposefully go out to a game to hurt people. Their main pleasure in the hobby comes from seeing the person they are shooting at in pain, and yes those people do exist. Apart from that, box bags, springer pistols, shotguns, etc etc, it doesn't matter what you are using as long as it meets the rules.

There is the argument that a kid in trackie bottoms with a hicap could ruin the enjoyment of those who want to get into a character. I've heard it before, but that is what you should expect from an average Sunday skirmish. Everyone getting together, all with their own styles of play and just shooting the *suitcase* out of each other. If you want the whole tactical ninjah stuff without having to go up against the hicap armies then go to a specific event that caters for your style of play as a normal skirmish is inclusive of everyone's play style and the sprayer has just as much right to play that way they do as the uber tactical bloke playing as if he is in Sangin.

At the end of the day, all that really matters is that you are having fun.

I know I quoted your posted Brigg, just be aware the post wasn't entirely aimed at you.

Yes, i suppose it does depend on what kind of players you have.

I dont really care if someone wants to show up in track pants and use hicaps all night. that doesnt bug me and it isnt going to ruin the game at all for me.

What bugs me are the "hardcore" players who show up head to toe in multicam and 30 pounds of equipment, but then rely on a hicap all night.

If someone is going to go balls out like that, they should be able to get over the crutch of using more then 30 or 40 rounds per magazine, in my opinion. Its just incongruous. As far as i can tell, take away the high mag capacity and an AEG doesnt have any pros.

I generally play in some old beat up BDUs ive had lying around for 10 years and my old web gear. So Im somewhere between hardcore and casual.

As for the general dislike of AEGs? Its the sound. the high pitched whine. Of course I know that all airsoft guns are toys (Even if they say they arent). But an AEG just reminds you of how much of a toy it is every time you pull the trigger.

Random backflips and accusations.

Yeah, one try playing at a few more sites, preferably ones that don't involve hosing the enemy. Next realise that airsoft is about fun and not having the 'latest and greatest gun' and finally realise that all of us have a right to choose what gun we want to use. Don't like it, then go buy a stress toy, give it a squeeze, calm down and don't post pointless comments that we are all going to clearly slate.

On a lighter note, Mall Ninjas? I am sorry but that must go with Duck Tits and everything that occurs in the Star Wars Holiday Special, into my box of stuff that even to me makes no sense. Over here we call them Geardos, people that think the gun and the gear makes them better and elite, and I am sure many of us on here are not. ;)

'FireKnife'

We're getting lost in semantics.

IBMedic's original point is that GBBR's are wallhangers, and cannot be skirmished seriously (i.e. they are rife with catastrophic failure) - that point has been proven wrong, and has since transitioned into "AEG's are just better performers". His initial point is incorrect, but the latter is true, and you'll find very few of us here disagreeing with that sentiment.

That said, this is airsoft. It's all compromise; give in one area to take in another...you sacrifice some performance for more enjoyment etc. We do it all of the time with things such as mid/low capacity magazines, or even the AEG itself. Don't the polarstar fusions decimate the AEG in terms of performance? Many people cannot hack the external rig and line (me being one of them), and so prefer the AEG or gas-in-mag GBBR. Swings and roundabouts.

GBB is the way forward...but it is still not as good as the AEG yet. It will get there, in time, and is rapidly improving...but just because the AEG has higher upgrade potential doesn't automatically make the GBBR unskirmishable, and that is why people are disagreeing.

We're getting lost in semantics.

IBMedic's original point is that GBBR's are wallhangers, and cannot be skirmished seriously (i.e. they are rife with catastrophic failure) - that point has been proven wrong, and has since transitioned into "AEG's are just better performers". His initial point is incorrect, but the latter is true, and you'll find very few of us here disagreeing with that sentiment.

That said, this is airsoft. It's all compromise; give in one area to take in another...you sacrifice some performance for more enjoyment etc. We do it all of the time with things such as mid/low capacity magazines, or even the AEG itself. Don't the polarstar fusions decimate the AEG in terms of performance? Many people cannot hack the external rig and line (me being one of them), and so prefer the AEG or gas-in-mag GBBR. Swings and roundabouts.

GBB is the way forward...but it is still not as good as the AEG yet. It will get there, in time, and is rapidly improving...but just because the AEG has higher upgrade potential doesn't automatically make the GBBR unskirmishable, and that is why people are disagreeing.

I'm not sure how anyone has proven me wrong the GBBRs are as reliable as some claim here... Yes, the KJW M4s (I've owned one) are much more reliable than a WA design, but that's like saying a flintlock is more reliable than a matchlock you should put aside your bolt action and go with the flintlock.

As for Polar Star's fusion system being more practical than an AEG thus if I don't go Polar Star I'm falling behind the curve.

There is some merit in that. But the PS system does not offer an advantage that is insurmountable by an AEG, you just need to have a good well tuned AEG, which is entirely feasible by the common player. And AEGs don't need the HPA tank so there is a legitimate debate as to which is the more practical option.

I'd LOVE to see a reliable GBBR that can be used on full auto and achieve accuracy comparable to an AEG.

And it CAN be done. Just separate the BB propellant gas from the blowback gas. RS is already going to do this in their GBBR M4s if they ever release them. This kind of rifle would have the same performance as a NBB , but the same realism and trigger pull as a GBB.

I'd LOVE to see a reliable GBBR that can be used on full auto and achieve accuracy comparable to an AEG.

Funny how I spent the past 15-20 games, using a G&P WA based GBBR, without the SLIGHTEST *fruitcage* TRACE OF ANYTHING RESEMBLING A FAULT OR PERFORMANCE OR RELIABILITY ISSUE while people were trying to plug motor connectors back in/going to the spare AEG due to a gear strip.

GBBR's can be, and often are, just as reliable, and in some cases more reliable than an AEG. That's a fact. Argue it all you like, it's still a fact. A factual facty fact, right in the fact.

You've been repeatedly been proven wrong from testimonials 2 pages ago.

No, GBBs are in no way as conveniently reliable as an AEG. But they are reliable enough for many people to actually use instead of an AEG and not feel it's disadvantages even when pitted against AEGs.

Since when do "testimonials" prove anything?

I saw a man walk on water. Clearly, this is proof men walk on water.

Hey, here's a testimonial:

I have NEVER seen ANY GBBR (MP7 excluded, KJW excluded) that did not go through an entire day without a massive failure, blown gas, crushed BBs, broken nozzles etc etc.

Now does that "prove" anything? No, it's just what I say, Just like what you and other delusional people here say is just testimony and nothing more.

Get a grasp on the English language and some basic understanding of logic and debate before you type *suitcase* online.

Anyone, I'm done here. You mall ninjas can keep on living in your delusional world where where you GBBRs never break and AEG players can't seem to aim. It's not like any of you actually play the sport to begin with anyway, and if you do, that's even more f-ed up.

I have NEVER seen ANY GBBR (MP7 excluded, KJW excluded) that did not go through an entire day without a massive failure, blown gas, crushed BBs, broken nozzles etc etc.

Now does that "prove" anything? No, it's just what I say, Just like what you and other delusional people here say is just testimony and nothing more.

Get a grasp on the English language and some basic understanding of logic and debate before you type *suitcase* online.

Anyone, I'm done here. You mall ninjas can keep on living in your delusional world where where you GBBRs never break and AEG players can't seem to aim. It's not like any of you actually play the sport to begin with anyway, and if you do, that's even more f-ed up.

So... The guy who invented GBBR's... When was it he stole your girlfriend, ate your bacon and burned your house down? Because you evidently have a serious personal issue with GBBR's.

You've just personally called me delusional, as well as a 'mall ninja' (Which sounds like quite a cool job to be honest). I take exception to that. I've simply stated the facts; I haven't said anything against AEG's. All I've said is that in my personal experience, with a WA based GBBR, built by G&P, that it's been flawless. Other people have stated their first hand positive accounts of successful and rewarding useage of a gas in mag powered primary weapon for skirmishing. I've had G&P AEG's that were equally flawless, but they didn't do it for me, hence switching to GBBR's.

As for 'Playing the sport' - I've been doing so for approximately 10 years now, and I've owned Airsoft guns for 13. How long have you been playing? I'm guessing you saw a youtube video once, and maybe drove past a sign for an Airsoft site, going on the utter nonsense you're spouting.

If every GBBR you've ever seen (Which probably reaches the total of a broken AGM and maybe an ancient NBB with a dodgy valve, I imagine) has broken on the day you've seen it in action, then you have seen poorly maintained, poorly built, shoddily looked after GBBR's in the hands of people who don't have a clue what they're doing.

Having read this thread, you're achieving nothing whatsoever other than to make yourself sound like a total douchebag who doesn't have a clue what he's on about and has become upset because people on the internet disagree with you.

Anyhow; For anyone else reading this thread, it generally goes like this:

Gas guns take more regular cleaning, you get a lower ammo capacity, and you need to plan for temperature fluctuations. You'll also need to spend more fuelling the gun, mags are pricier, and generally it's a more expensive way to play. In exchange for that, you get your shoulder booted in by a big lump of man-iron, a mechanical trigger response, and the ability to look down your nose and claim to be able to make a cup of tea in the time between a sewing machine's trigger being pulled and the BB leaving the barrel.

AEG's are easier to maintain, but harder to fix when they do break a gearbox part in most cases. Batteries require charging, which can be annoying, and electrical systems can be fiddly. There are a few more things to go wrong in an AEG due to the generally larger number of moving parts, and they don't go bang, nor is the trigger response ever as fast as a mechanical trigger. However, in exchange for that, you get far more ammo, a much more 'Pick up and play' experience, cheaper guns, parts, and everything else, and the ability to laugh at people like me on the odd occasion where we go prone, rest on the mag a little too much and end up with our up-turned noses getting frozen by a blast of Green Gas.

Try to understand that you are not the center of the world, and there are actually people who have seen GBBRs work well. I myself have witnessed both breakages and well working guns here in Finland, in cold climate. All of these were stock WE rifles with CO2 magazines, some worked better than others, I guess it basically down to the users skills of maintaining the gun.

The reason people are so hostile against you is that you dont even consider the possibility of working GBBRs existing on this planet. I have myself played the last 1.5 years exclusively with GBBRs and all breakages would have been possible to avoid with more basic knowledge about the gun, now I have it and my AK has worked fine for +30K of shots, in various situations, suchs as -25 celsius, muddy ground/rain and sandy areas. I have never felt inferior against AEGs, but I guess externally powered guns are a totally different thing. I would never trade off the feeling of blowback on my shoulder for little enhancement in the trajectory of a spherical projectile.

My last 4 or 5 matches have actually been played with a Tokyo Marui VSR-10, a sinlge shot spring rifle, using a GBB pistol as a backup if people get too close. And Ive gotta say I'm still having a lot more fun then I had the times I used AEGs. As a general rule, it really doesn't matter how many shots you can put down range per second if you aren't hitting anything with them. I was using the VSR 10 at reasonably close distances, keeping only a bit further back to allow the use of the sights. I had only 1 thirty round magazine and carried a speed loader to fill it in game. And I could probably only get off 7 shots or so per minute.

You know what? Still had fun. a lot of it as a matter of fact, possibly more then with GBBRs. There are few more satisfying feelings you can have in a game then when someone is spraying BBs everywhere at you, and you take them out with a single aimed shot to the goggles. And then proceed to do so time and time again. I think that sniper rifles are the one place I'm willing to go with spring over gas, since Gas sniper rifles have no blowback and very little report anyway. The bolt pull doesn't bother me.

At my field everyone is in complete shock if you show up with anything other then an AEG M4, so showing up with a spring bolt action rifle got me looks as if I had ran in naked and on fire. I suppose I'll never really understand the appeal behind using a weapon, that isn't a support gun, who's main draw is volume of fire.

Well said Sallinen. Put a more bluntly this individual is a spoiled baby. This is not the first "if I can't do it no one can" thread he's started or particpated in.

He dishes "advice" that varies from bad to flat out ridiculous & when countered or questioned he disolves into an insult fuled rage fest. All is based on his narrow window of experience; when another person has the termity to disagree his hypersensitivy sends him over the edge. He's never heard the words "no" or "you're wrong" in any real way till he started on here.

I'll contine quoting as the typical behaviour pattern for this type is to clam up, stay low and then try and try again to ingratiate them themselves into the community. Till the next melt down at least when once again he'll proclaim he's done and taking his ball home.

Well most christians seem to take testimonials seriously..... ;)

To the rest of you, this guy is crazy, you can't win even though he's wrong, so my advice is to ignore him as a troll.

Edit: BTW I've been using a kjw m4 as a primary for a little over a year, no hiccups, ranges farther and is more accurate than most similarly powered AEGs, and has no cool down issues, even in our winter temps (40F).

I am now with both feet firmly in GBBR territory, and the WE OB SCAR was the gun that got me here, a joy to shoot, reliable, hop-up readily accessible, a real workhorse.

On a side note, if you take the optics route, ACM red-dots won't work, the recoil throws them off zero, only G&P (Aimpoint) and up will do.

No matter how clear cut anyone's explanation to you is delivered somehow I felt your reaction would always and only be:

edited for grammatical corrections

Off topic 'n all, but I really can't remember the last time a forum post made me crack up laughing that much. If I'd been consuming a beverage when I'd hit play, I'd have been demanding you smelt me a new laptop from some ABS pipes ;)

*edited because I accidentally re-embedded the video.

Archived