!Thinking of going to gas!

Kevlaa

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

There seems to be a "GBB Master Race" thing going on here, claims that GBBs are more realistic are spot on, but that's about it.

The recoil is so small as to be effectively nothing (and I've fired real assault rifles plenty to make the comparison) to the point that frankly an XBox controller vibration motor in the pistol grip would provide about as much feedback!

Realcap maps are available for AEGs so there is no basis for the claim that GBBS make you play better, this is available if you simply use realcaps, or just decide to try to conserve ammo, it is not an argument, anybody can do it, GBB or not.

I'd like to see everything go for the realistic operation in the long-run, and GBBs have that, but for the moment they seem to be more of a novelty than anything, everyone who has them is quick to point out that they can overlook the shortcomings, but that's the thing, I don't really want the shortcomings! I'd rather have reliable AEGs with realistic operation over GBBs, and for my money the benefit (in fun) of the realistic operation is nowhere near enough to make up for how much of a drama they seem to be to live with.

Like I said at first, there seems to be a "GBB Master Race" thing going on, as if having one makes you awesome and super-hardcore, but in practice AEGs have closer performance to real firearms than GBBS do, as they work in any weather, can be fired as fast as the cyclic ROF allows without losing performance, and the ability to have mags with 2-3 times the capacity of real firearms makes up nicely for the fact that the accuracy and lack of penetration through bushes means that it takes three BBs to do the job of one bullet.

I think you may have missed the point. The crux of this thread is "can you game a gas rifle". The answer is yes.

One kid's opinion differed and that's fine.

He then chose to express himself by way of insults to anyone who didn't agree with him. He picked the wrong place for that battle

An AEG or GBBR won't bring out anything in a player that's not already there.

There seems to be a "GBB Master Race" thing going on here, claims that GBBs are more realistic are spot on, but that's about it.

The recoil is so small as to be effectively nothing (and I've fired real assault rifles plenty to make the comparison) to the point that frankly an XBox controller vibration motor in the pistol grip would provide about as much feedback!

Well not exactly a "Master Race" thing. It appeals to another type of players. I used to play with guys who own real action markers who saw a hicap of 6mm BBs being what kids shot at each other while being shot by a 20 round mag of 5J .43g rubber/paint balls was what adults should be playing with. The fact that those rounds couldn't go past 20m didn't bother them, its the mindset of having prepped and worked for your kill that made the difference to the enjoyment

Recoil wise it depends on each weapon and what is considered recoil. WE M4/PDW/SCARs/M14s don't really "kick" they "snap" back. Similarly, Inokatsu M4s and tuned VFCs can kick enough to offset the next shot. However the WE AKs and SVDs are nastier. I shoot RS Steyr AUG, M4s and Mk14s and handling their recoil is nothing, as the WE SVD was like being punched in the cheek.

Realcap maps are available for AEGs so there is no basis for the claim that GBBS make you play better, this is available if you simply use realcaps, or just decide to try to conserve ammo, it is not an argument, anybody can do it, GBB or not.

Relating this back to "working for your kill" idea, if the weapon firing disturbs you enough for you to have to re-aim after every shot, that is the 'cost', i.e. its "working for your kill", and the mind automatically goes into ammo conservation mode. Thats more similar to real steel compared with an AEG, which tends to make you fire more rounds to "ensure" they hit the target as there is no 'cost' to firing the weapon.

I'd like to see everything go for the realistic operation in the long-run, and GBBs have that, but for the moment they seem to be more of a novelty than anything, everyone who has them is quick to point out that they can overlook the shortcomings, but that's the thing, I don't really want the shortcomings! I'd rather have reliable AEGs with realistic operation over GBBs, and for my money the benefit (in fun) of the realistic operation is nowhere near enough to make up for how much of a drama they seem to be to live with.

Yeah they can be dramas, but lets look at a real weapon for the moment. Recommended barrel life of an issued M4 is 5k rounds before one should make a visit to the armourer for inspection, semi-auto disconnector wears rather quickly also. A Steyr AUG bolt locking sleeve will fail after 20k rounds, trigger pack wear will be a bit longer 50-60k, but mags will melt after a 6 mag auto dump. How often have you had a stovepipe jam ? I have had a fair number and seen a few failure to extract.

I also had an interesting time clearing a "dead enemy personnel" with their M16A1 rifle, and by dragging the weapon towards me along the floor it fired off a burst. My point is real steel is prone to failure, much more than an AEG.

Most of the issues with GBBRs is either under-engineering (AGM, G&P, WE M4s, VFC M4s and MP5s), design flaws (WE AKs), or over engineering (Inokatsu, Viper). If you can determine the root cause of the problem you can fix it, just that most players don't have this analytical knowhow and spend money of "reinforced" parts which don't make a darn difference.

Like I said at first, there seems to be a "GBB Master Race" thing going on, as if having one makes you awesome and super-hardcore, but in practice AEGs have closer performance to real firearms than GBBS do, as they work in any weather, can be fired as fast as the cyclic ROF allows without losing performance, and the ability to have mags with 2-3 times the capacity of real firearms makes up nicely for the fact that the accuracy and lack of penetration through bushes means that it takes three BBs to do the job of one bullet.

AEGs do have closer behaviour to real firearms. Definately multiple bursts allow better bush penetration. But thats why if you are using real caps you just ensure that the weapon is shooting over 400-500fps, and you only limit to strategy based games in semi-open terrain rather than MMOFPS style field/urban games.

I have 2 primaries, an AEG for MMOFPS and a VFC M4 that I use for different games. Saves me having this argument cos I know when to use, and why. I can also understand why GBBR/RAM users may feel that AEG users are unworthy, as they aren't willing to put up with the limitations, or put in the preparation effort, to "work" for your "kill".

Having used both airsoft and real steel (airsoft GBBR sig/glock/AR15 vs realsteel sig/glock/AR15) doing IPSC and FIBUA training, they are similar enough in handling, feel and recoil. Accuracy is similar at 25m and the 'cost' of firing the weapon is there with GBBRs and RS, unlike AEGs. However you can't compensate for the stress induced by having live rounds in your guns, shooting past your mates and the concussion generated by the muzzle blast of an SBR indoors and how it affects communication and concentration. That is a totally different feel and airsoft can't replicate that.

Quite, seemed a bit of random attack on GBBR users for the sake of it there.

I used to use both, I have a smaller selection of high end guns, that I've put together, and my poor AEG's have basically not had an outing in ages, I just reach for my WOC as it's more fun.

To me, there's no disadvantage to using it; It doesn't mind the cold, at least I've used it in -3C and by keeping the mags wrapped up under my jacket they worked fine, I carry an similar amount of rounds to my AEG anyway. Through proper maintainance my GBBR has worked flawlessly from the get go, I keep it well lubed and maintained and it hasn't failed me yet (10K rounds so far) I'm aware that parts WILL become worn, but so is the case on an AEG, gears, motors, batteries, springs etc all wear out in time.

It has it's drawbacks, the biggest is ofc, mags. AEG mag: £10, ProWin v2 mag £62. *fruitbat* that.

Recoil isn't up there with a 5.56, but it's not far off a .22 Rimfire. Sure I don't have to pay attention to recoil control, but I'm too cheapskate to buy real optics for an airsoft gun and clone optics deal with a little less the .22 recoil fine.

Choose the gun that fits your style of play, if you're using real-caps, then you might as well switch to a GBBR, you've lost all the advantages of an AEG, so why not get the advantages of a GBBR? Instant trigger response, recoil, bolt lock, RS fitting of furniture, realstic weight etc.

But to me, the one reason I haven't picked up my Galil and am planning to remake it from a GHK GBBR AK?

They're just so much more FUN.

No sewing machine, no battery boxes, RS furniture and proper weight magazines (I've always been bugged by the lightness of AEG mags comapred to loaded RS mags) it just brigns a smile to my face that my AEG;'s could never manage.

Just use whatever you feel best suits your needs to play.

AEG's are more reliable, but if something happens to them, it isn't as easy to fix as a GBB-R. Look at the car and airplane analogy: You're more likely to get into a car accident than in a plane crash. So let's say that AEG's are plane's because they rarely crash, and GBBR's are cars, because they always crash. Well, *if* your plane goes down, it's probably death for the person, as oppose to a car accident, you're more likely to walk away alive.

The problem with GBB-R's is that manufacturer's see them as cash cows: They'll purposely make a part that isn't as sturdy as possible, and it'll crack, forcing you to purchase "reinforced" parts for xx dollars. Imagine, if somebody made GBBR's with amazing heat treated carbon steel internals that'll never break, then GBB-R's would be the end all be all. Sure, they're mechanical as opposed to electrical. But one thing I keep hearing is "maintenance". What's this maintenance thing? lubing up the moving parts so that they don't rub against each other to cause wear? What if they use heat treated carbon steel internals? Honestly, I think maintenance is not really a big deal here, if the internals are done correctly. Unfortunately, nobody makes awesome internals. Everyone makes them ready to break, so they keep coming back. It's like what if there are NO viruses in the PC world? then all these anti-virus companies would be out of business. In a way, they HOPE there's a new outbreak some where!

Anyways, AEG's are better because they can shoot hi caps, and offer no recoil, so that your shots are always on. As opposed to GBBR's low caps, plus recoil will re-position your rifle to shoot again. A real M4A1 can shoot approximately 900 rounds per minute. I know AEG's can shoot fast/more than that on full auto these days! So ROF, I will still say GBBR's are more accurate to the real rifle in Full auto. semi, of course it depends on your trigger response!

but get what you like. If you want the edge, AEG no question. If you like the realism, GBBR's.

Wait, what?

In the real world all firearms work in all weathers, fire every last round if fired full auto and can reliably fire as fast as the cyclic rate of fire? So why do people train for malfunctions and not just let loose on full auto all the time in the real world?

A GBBR can have more realistic operations to an AEG, such as being able to drop and check your magazines load, rather than spilling 3-5 bbs on the ground, being able to operate the catches and levers to bring the gun up to fire, as opposed to just shouldering and flicking a trigger and finally you get a much better trigger response from a gas gun than an electric one.

In short a gas gun is closer, but it is still nowhere near realisitc compared to the use of a real steel rifle. Airsoft will always be stopped by the gaps, like weak recoil and limited use based on the FPS limits and the propellants we use.

'FireKnife'

As long as you are having fun, it doesn't matter if you are using the latest and greatest GBBR, a Systema PTW, a Chinese clone, a TM, a classic airsoft hose and any jobbie, or using a cheap bright orange springer from the market in town that only cost you two quid.

FUN!

ce6bf1d16e8fa3dd00a48a49bf89a65c.jpg

Wait, what?

In the real world all firearms work in all weathers, fire every last round if fired full auto and can reliably fire as fast as the cyclic rate of fire? So why do people train for malfunctions and not just let loose on full auto all the time in the real world?

A GBBR can have more realistic operations to an AEG, such as being able to drop and check your magazines load, rather than spilling 3-5 bbs on the ground, being able to operate the catches and levers to bring the gun up to fire, as opposed to just shouldering and flicking a trigger and finally you get a much better trigger response from a gas gun than an electric one.

In short a gas gun is closer, but it is still nowhere near realisitc compared to the use of a real steel rifle. Airsoft will always be stopped by the gaps, like weak recoil and limited use based on the FPS limits and the propellants we use.

'FireKnife'

Real firearms don't necessarily work in all weathers, but they do work in all weathers that airsoft is played in, I've fired real weapons in conditions that an airsoft gun could not stand, certainly not a GBB anyway, can't see a GBB working at -15 somehow.

Full-auto is not used all the time because it's necessary to conserve ammunition and control recoil, nothing to do with the gun not being able to fire at its cyclic ROF reliably, GBBs can't fire full auto reliably, they can't even fire fast semi-auto reliably, I was talking to someone with a gas G36 the other day and he was lamenting the fact that he could not really double-tap without the mags cooling down too much, that is not an issue with an AEG.

A gas gun is closer in operation, in the fact that you have to actually cock it and all the things that go along with it, but in performance an AEG is closer, as you can fire as much as you like without worrying about anything short of ammo conservation, it'd be nice if recoil was there too though.

As I said, the recoil with GBBs is too weak to be considered as a feature, I could wire a vibration motor to my AEG trigger and achieve the same effect.

For me the restriction that cooldown places on the operation of the gun is a far bigger realism killer than not needing to cock the rifle.

I've got nothing against gas guns, I hope they can be made to perform better, my gripe is with the "you wouldn't understand, you're just not hardcore enough to understand me and my GBB" because it's silly, and as someone who spent seven years in the military I can't help but thinking that the people with this attitude would not have it if they had ever fired a real weapon in anything approaching an actual military scenario.

The only problem so far with the GIM guns is the propellant. The internals are somewhat useable but the propellant just doesnt cut it. HPA is the way for reliable GBB in any weather and even underwater shooting, but I would be happy to leave off the tubing if if I could pack the punch in the magazines.

I've got nothing against gas guns, I hope they can be made to perform better, my gripe is with the "you wouldn't understand, you're just not hardcore enough to understand me and my GBB" because it's silly, and as someone who spent seven years in the military I can't help but thinking that the people with this attitude would not have it if they had ever fired a real weapon in anything approaching an actual military scenario.

That whole rage vibe came directly from the kid with a chip on his shoulder. He spewed all the mall ninja jargon.

You'll notice there are other posters in this thread even before him who gave a thumbs down and didn't get fried.

And as a side note; it wasn't the first time he's talked when he should have listened.

I've fired my WOC in -24C, it still fired, I wouldn't have given it FA, but there you go, it'll still fire.

As for recoil being a joke, I just can't agree, I've fired recoil AEG's, 5.56 SA-80's, .22 Rimfire target rifles and 12g shotguns. The recoil is below a .22 Rimfire, but not THAT far off. To suggest rather childishly that you'd get more out of an xbox controller is a bit silly, nevermind the impulse of AEG recoil is wrong.

AEG's have no realism at all, there's no bolt stop, you just slap a new mag in and keep firing. Hell, it'll keep firing without a mag in.

Double-taps are perfectly possible on most GBBR's, I've literally just grabbed it and checked and it double tapped fine. There's a seal issue if he couldn't get 2 shots off in rapid succession, I'm assuming it simply wasn't able to fire in FA if it couldn't manage a double tap.

To suggest that AEG's are in some way more realistic than a GBBR is laughable, AEG's are reliable sewing machines with hi-cap mags. Gone are the days when a well maintained and (including correctly fitted components) will eat themselves in short order, now you can expect 10-20K rounds out of a well set up GBBR before parts need replacing, same as an AEG.

GBBR's cost more, if you're into pray and spray, you're outta luck. Some people just want a gun that simply 'works' you put a battery in it, make sure it's charged and it'll run for years, TM make great AEG's for that.

Yes, some people think having a GBBR makes them awesome, some people think sticking a drum mag on an MP5K High-Cycle makes them a support gunner. People will always be douchebags and will ascribe whatever they see fit as a reason for their teflon don awesomeness.

Putting aside the risk of becoming a douche bag mall ninja l337 teflon airsoft warrior, what brand/make of GBBRs would you recommend for someone looking for an M4? If a balance of cost/reliability/awesomeness was taken in to consideration?

I have always leant towards a more realistic AEG and load out, and after owning a PTW and recoil SOPMOD I guess a GBBR is the next step.

Thanks for the advice.

AEG's have no realism at all, there's no bolt stop, you just slap a new mag in and keep firing. Hell, it'll keep firing without a mag in.

To suggest that AEG's are in some way more realistic than a GBBR is laughable, AEG's are reliable sewing machines with hi-cap mags.

Let's not generalize here. There are exceptional examples of AEGs that are just as close if not even closer an analog to real firearms. Take the TOP M4; not many ever buy it for being "too real" having shell ejection.

I've fired my WOC in -24C, it still fired, I wouldn't have given it FA, but there you go, it'll still fire.

As for recoil being a joke, I just can't agree, I've fired recoil AEG's, 5.56 SA-80's, .22 Rimfire target rifles and 12g shotguns. The recoil is below a .22 Rimfire, but not THAT far off. To suggest rather childishly that you'd get more out of an xbox controller is a bit silly, nevermind the impulse of AEG recoil is wrong.

Double-taps are perfectly possible on most GBBR's, I've literally just grabbed it and checked and it double tapped fine. There's a seal issue if he couldn't get 2 shots off in rapid succession, I'm assuming it simply wasn't able to fire in FA if it couldn't manage a double tap.

To suggest that AEG's are in some way more realistic than a GBBR is laughable, AEG's are reliable sewing machines with hi-cap mags. Gone are the days when a well maintained and (including correctly fitted components) will eat themselves in short order, now you can expect 10-20K rounds out of a well set up GBBR before parts need replacing, same as an AEG.

GBBR's cost more, if you're into pray and spray, you're outta luck. Some people just want a gun that simply 'works' you put a battery in it, make sure it's charged and it'll run for years, TM make great AEG's for that.

Yes, some people think having a GBBR makes them awesome, some people think sticking a drum mag on an MP5K High-Cycle makes them a support gunner. People will always be douchebags and will ascribe whatever they see fit as a reason for their teflon don awesomeness.

The recoil is nothing whatsoever, the idea that it's close to any real firearm is laughable, recoil is a direct effect of newton's third law of motion (every action has an equal and opposite reaction) the recoil is the opposite reaction, and the amount of energy contained in one shot from a GBB is nowhere close to even a .22, which means the recoil cannot be anywhere near it, there simply isn't enough energy.

As I said, AEGS are more realistic in performance, as you can fire a three round burst instead of semi-auto to penetrate bushes, and have the ammo capacity to allow that, and you don't need to keep the mags under your coat to get them to work properly, I never had to keep 5.56 Nato under my coat because the rounds won't fire if they get cold!

To claim that AEGs are sewing machines with hicap mags is frankly stupid, I have an AEG and I don't use hicap mags, so that argument can be destroyed with a sample size of one.

Most RS Rifles go to great lengths to MITIGATE recoil, GBBR's go some lengths to maximising the effect.

So, you're then saying that your ammo point is pointless as you're not using mags with a higher capacity. Your argument reminds me of KidScotland.

I'm not going to argue with you on recoil anymore, your point is quite simply, retarded. I'm sure you're a big hard man who fires .50BMG from the hip without loss of accuracy but for the rest of us, there's plenty of 'felt' recoil in a GBBR.

And how is firing a 3 round burst instead of semi realistic? It is in fact, the opposite of realistic, and if you wanted, why not put a 3rnd burst kit into a GBBR? Problem solved. Your points are entirely pointless and you should have the good sense to leave this thread quietly and with dignity.

And RC good point, but they all have their own drawbacks, as you said, doesn't get much more realistic than a TOP M4, but it's too realistic, PTWs are even more unreliable and expensive than GBBR's, the sopmods are nice, but aren't as realsitic in function as a GBBR.

The thing that throws me, is albetroth-the-destroyer seems to think that there's some kind of 'realism' about AEG's, GBBR's exist primarily because AEG's are so unrealistic, even the more realistic SOPMOD series aren't as close as the GBBR's. But he also acts as if there's something wrong with it not being realistic. There's nothing wrong with sticking a drum-mag in an MP5K if you want to, go for it, why not? This is airsoft, grown men running around the woods playing dress up and spraying each other with white stuff.

Most RS Rifles go to great lengths to MITIGATE recoil, GBBR's go some lengths to maximising the effect.

So, you're then saying that your ammo point is pointless as you're not using mags with a higher capacity. Your argument reminds me of KidScotland.

I'm not going to argue with you on recoil anymore, your point is quite simply, retarded. I'm sure you're a big hard man who fires .50BMG from the hip without loss of accuracy but for the rest of us, there's plenty of 'felt' recoil in a GBBR.

And how is firing a 3 round burst instead of semi realistic? It is in fact, the opposite of realistic, and if you wanted, why not put a 3rnd burst kit into a GBBR? Problem solved. Your points are entirely pointless and you should have the good sense to leave this thread quietly and with dignity.

And RC good point, but they all have their own drawbacks, as you said, doesn't get much more realistic than a TOP M4, but it's too realistic, PTWs are even more unreliable and expensive than GBBR's, the sopmods are nice, but aren't as realsitic in function as a GBBR.

The thing that throws me, is albetroth-the-destroyer seems to think that there's some kind of 'realism' about AEG's, GBBR's exist primarily because AEG's are so unrealistic, even the more realistic SOPMOD series aren't as close as the GBBR's. But he also acts as if there's something wrong with it not being realistic. There's nothing wrong with sticking a drum-mag in an MP5K if you want to, go for it, why not? This is airsoft, grown men running around the woods playing dress up and spraying each other with white stuff.

You've missed the point yet again about the fact that AEGs are more realistic in performance, not operation, performance. I don't know how many times I'm going to need to say that before you understand it, but I suspect many.

It's a good idea for you to stop arguing about recoil, you have clearly never fired a real rifle of any description, as you wouldn't be saying something so stupid if you had, just keep convincing yourself that your GBB toy gun is totally the same as a real gun and that you're totally the same as an actual soldier.

Three rounds from an airsoft gun are necessary to replicate the accuracy and penetration through light cover of rifle rounds, not sure why this is proving so difficult to grasp, a 3rb kit on a GBB would work nicely if the mag capacity was 90 rounds, I'm not opposed to that at all, it'd be a nice idea.

Like I said originally, it's the "GBB Master Race" at work here, any suggestion that your precious GBB isn't 100% super-realistic is treated with the same kind of outrage that'd be generated if somebody stabbed your grandmother.

The recoil is bugger all (if you'd really fired anything bigger than a .22 air rifle you'd know that) and they're a menace to live with, with drawbacks that an AEG does not have, the only thing that makes it even an option is the realistic operation.

If that's so important to you then happy days, that's great (although I'd prefer realistic operation on AEGs, but so what? It only affect what I buy) but it does not make you some kind of master race with a mandate to attack anyone who dissents from your frankly warped view.

To put a final point on it, I spent seven years in the RAF, spent plenty of time on exercises (luckily never had to fire a rifle in anger) and as far as I am concerned, from my experience of real combat training and exercises, overall the performance of an AEG makes more of a difference to the realism than the operation of a GBB, I actually reflexively cock my AEG almost every time anyway, as the habit is too ingrained, you can choose to disagree if you like, and if you're disagreeing because you've also served and find the operation to be a bigger thing then fine, we'll agree to disagree.

If you've not served, and are just saying it, then shut up, you have no idea what you're talking about.

I trained with the Royal Marine Commandos before I withdrew due to permanent injury. So I also have not fired a shot in anger.

As I've said, it's not comparable to a 5.56 round, and certainly nothing on a 12g shotgun! Although, for you, try the WE SVD, that thing kicks like a mule from what I've heard. For me, the penetration argument has never held weight, in airsoft, a tarpaulin is the thickest of tank armours to any RIF.

And you are correct good sir and I concede I misread your post and functional rather than performance. And in that I would argue that modern quality GBBR's are almost on par, albeit with a few caveats (mags in warmers in anything below 5C tends to be needed)

Fo me, it's 2 things, the realistic function, my training was with a SA-80 so it's not replicated there, lest I get a WE SA-80 but for me it's just the way it works, mag in, flip catch etc.

I'm definitely no master race, I'd say more of aliability for whatever team I'm on :P

But yes, you do get some, but you get some in anything, we all know the masada weilding mall ninja's thinking they're amazing and that they cannot lose because they have a 55rps 349fps Masada with a box mag.

Performance wise, I'd say the clsoest by far is in fact a boltie. Operation and performance is similar to the real deal, I've only fired a L96 on the range once, but it's all the same as an airsoft, mag in, rack for each round and careful, single aimed shots, the higher power and heavier BB's typically used in bolties make up for the lack of penetration.

What WhiteHawksan was saying is that the felt (or experienced) recoil is good enough for us. I run a WE SCAR, with a couple heavy recoil mods, after I shoot through my scope, I've gotta re-acquire, which makes it very realistic compared to an AEG that will just stay put. A friend of my runs a WE AK PMC, also with a scope, and if you shoot the thing in fast semi, or full auto, you just won't be able to aim with the scope, which is what would happen to a greater extent in a RS rifle. So it's not just the operation, the handling and shooting experience, and actuall recoil DO come into play.

And GBB's sound nice too, and not like some electric motor moving around.

The thing about that G36 is probably a problem with that particular gun, both the VFC and WE G36's will mag dump no problems, haven't you seen

vid?

Fox.

The recoil is nothing whatsoever, the idea that it's close to any real firearm is laughable, recoil is a direct effect of newton's third law of motion

Somehow I knew you were going to get technical with that. Yes, GBBRs do not compare to the recoil of any real firearm, not even a .22LR. But that's just from the actual impulse resulting from the shot. Remember, most airsoft guns fire about 1 Joule which means your shoulder will only receive a maximum of just as much (lessened by the mass of the gun and forward momentum of the AEG piston). On GBBRs, their method of simulating recoil is made through the oscillation of a weighted bolt. It's characteristically different from true recoil in that the impulse is delayed over a longer period of time so what you get is more of a shove than a snap. The end result, however, is the same: the barrel is tilted upwards and the shooter needs to reorient the rifle's sights back on target. Also, how can AEG performance exceed that of a GBB? If I get both platforms to perform at the same power level and use heavier bbs they'll both have equal capacity to punch through light brush with a single shot.

edit:

Just to add, finding fault in people in claiming they're part of a "GBB master race" doesn't really hold water when you yourself sound like you're hard selling memberships to a "AEG am teh best gnu" club.

Archived