"Fast draw" M1911A1

Avenger96

So, I've had a Elite Force M1911A1(It's actually a KWC) for a while and decided to spice it up a bit. I'm probably getting another pistol soon so I want this one to be... dangerous. My plans:

Polished the magazine for quicker reloads. This was neccesary because it was much too tight before, and it's much easier after being taken to the metal with 1200 sandpaper. Done.

Polished the sides of the slide. This serves a dual purpose. One, is that in theory it will slide in and out of the leather holster I'm going to pick up easier and faster. Two, is that it now has an incredibly sexy two tone scheme after polishing the slide release and backstrap. Done.

Now, is the fun parts that I need help with.

Pinning the grip safety. I'm not sure how this is achieved, but the safety has been problematic on occasion. Is it simply a matter of depressing it and drilling a hole the size of your pin?

Full auto. I want to spew out 14 rounds of death when I get this thing out of the holster and the safety off. But, I don't know if this is at all possible.

Thanks for your time! I'll try and get a decent picture of it soon.

Edit for spelling. That was horrendous.

I just did a little research on that, and it could be replicated with a tube over the spring guide that keeps the slide from going back completely and would make my pistol fully automatic?

Or am I completely wrong?

EDIT: More research. I see that there is a rubber washer with the normal spring on one side an a short, powerful spring on the other. Does this have something to do with the full auto?

I really can't type today LOL.

Pinning the grip safety can be done in many ways, some more permanent than others.

One option is to indeed put a hole in your frame, other options include putting a hole on the grip safety itself, cutting the safety leaf spring etc.

You asked about how I acomplished it in my video, I used a very simple and non-permanent solution, a piece of rubber.

It's very easy to do and install and won't damage the gun in any way, I'll post an explanation with pictures (and maybe a video) when time allows, if you want.

getting a GBB to permanently go FAO is pretty easy. all you need to do is locate the sear that the slide hits to disconnect the trigger from the hammer sear and lop the top off, the KWC has one of these. though, the gun would probably empty that mag in about 1.5 seconds, knowing how fast that slide travels and with the amount of kick the thing has, good luck keeping it on target. but it will be cool as tits.

you can deactivate the grip safety by cutting off the trigger bow blocker leg thingy. no need to pin it, its not like its a good looking gun. mine had odd problems rubbing up against the trigger bow keeping it (the trigger) from resetting.

Is it possible to remove that sear instead of cutting it? I don't know if I could get a replacement if I decided I needed semi auto back, and a talked myself into getting a G&P 870 springer instead of another GBB.

Also, I just put a dab of super glue on the safety. It works, and I can break it loose when I get ready to do something better.

no, that sear is needed to transfer the triggers motion to the main hammer sear. removing it would keep you from firing it. its the same case in most pistols. and no, you probably wont be able to get a replacement for it, so its a good idea to really think about it.

Ed-Skar made a 1911 machine pistol out of a TM clone 1911, here's a vid

he also did a detonics machine pistol. Not sure how the KWC differs from the marui design but I'd imagine it would be worth asking him what he did.

The Detonics was my girlfriends, so I can take any pictures of the mods if Ed's happy for that .

In fact that reminds me, I need him to do me another one >: D

I need to contact Elite Force, I bet they could get the part.

If you cut it, you can burst fire, right? Not empty with one trigger pull(it probably will anyway).

Also, there a sear thing sticking up on each side of the frame, how can I find out which one to cut?

yes, when you release the trigger, the sear will catch the hammer.

its the one on the right with the frame pointing away from you.

I need to contact Elite Force, I bet they could get the part.

If you cut it, you can burst fire, right? Not empty with one trigger pull(it probably will anyway).

Also, there a sear thing sticking up on each side of the frame, how can I find out which one to cut?

One of them is the sear, the other one is the valve knocker lock. When you take the gun apart you'll easily see the part you need to alter, if you can't tell, you shouldn't be doing a mod like this and you'll probably bork it up.

@Doctor tobacco, It's been a while scince I've opened a sig, but it's probably the same, or at least the same concept.

@White hawkie, go ahead.

Also massive freeze up and gas venting.... I'd personally suggest that if you really want to make something like this, get a cheap 1911 like an army one, preferably second hand for added cheapness (so long as it works) and try it on that, I would not recomend experimenting on your favourite and only GBB...

I had a Maruzen Micro Uzi once. My intention was never to hit anyone; It's sole purpose was to hold it sideways, charge at people, and empty a mag while shouting 'Break yo'self, foo'!'. I once accidentally scored a kill with it, but that wasn't even part of the plan.

It's a Metal Gear Solid quote silly.

EDIT: Well, more a reference.

That was done using a Type 17 pistol, a semi automatic. This is from back in the days when people called semi-automatics as 'automatics' so as not to confuse them with a revolver :P

Still with hop up off it would work, just be very short range and a short fan as the recoil from a pistol is not enough to move the sights that much to the next target ;)

'FireKnife'

Archived