"Fast draw" M1911A1

Avenger96

• 1 month later...

Pinning the grip safety can be done in many ways, some more permanent than others.

One option is to indeed put a hole in your frame, other options include putting a hole on the grip safety itself, cutting the safety leaf spring etc.

You asked about how I acomplished it in my video, I used a very simple and non-permanent solution, a piece of rubber.

It's very easy to do and install and won't damage the gun in any way, I'll post an explanation with pictures (and maybe a video) when time allows, if you want.

Definitely intrested in seeing how you done it mate, pic's or video please.

I used a very simple and non-permanent solution, a piece of rubber.

Take out the pin from the base of the mainspring housing, slide the MSH down about 2mm,

place an AEG hop nub on the lip sticking out of the base of the grip safety,

Slide the MSH back up over the hop nub so that it holds the grip safety in.

Done.

Did this on my MEU and both my Hicapas, some pistols need quite a thick nub, others just a normal one.

Jim

Take out the pin from the base of the mainspring housing, slide the MSH down about 2mm,

place an AEG hop nub on the lip sticking out of the base of the grip safety,

Slide the MSH back up over the hop nub so that it holds the grip safety in.

Done.

You, sir, are an utter legend - I've been trying to figure out an easy way of pinning the grip safety for bloody ages now, I'd never thought of something so simple! Just did it, took me all of 8 seconds, perfect result. Thanks man :)

• 4 weeks later...

Surely the fast draw all depends onthe holster?

Good open holster, pinned grip safety, light trigger and a good to respond thumb safety would make a quick draw one as it is from the holster to the first shot that the time is counted. ;)

'FireKnife'

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, looks great Westyll!

Mine's been finished for a while, used it in two or three games. But, I decided to skip the fall auto on mine, as I just love using by itself in CQB to much to sacrifice it. But, I shortstroked the slide(seen some hilarious reactions at games when people rack the slide), polished the sides nice and pretty and smooth, and it's settling into a USGI leather holster quite nicely. I just need yo practice up a bit now.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived