Wanna try making a AA12 shotgun

Meathead316

Honestly, I think this is reaching impossible levels :(. There is so much to overcome

I would go a different way:

One gearbox, one barrel, one BB at a time. Build a high RoF gearbox, DSG 11.1V short stroked, all the gubbins, 250fps ish. Fit a mosfet with a 3-5 round burst....

Get the AA12 body sorted, after all airsoft is just about looks :)

Still watching this thread, hope you can pull it out the bag, your minigun is awesome!

Burst fire is not a shotgun.

@RC Why would it ever underload like that? The marushin m500s don't. The breach section lines up with the magazine and the magazine spring forces the BBs into it, if you built it wrong then sure, it could be missaligned but this is Meathead we are talking about, not someone with a hacksaw and a protractor.

you can never ever ever say that even the most well made and even simplest machine will perform faultlessly everytime, at first sure, but this is an airsoft gun we are talking about, its gonna be knocked against trees, rolled around in the mud and after time parts wear and when that time comes and it only feeds 1 bb into the chamber i fell sorry for the poor smuck starring at the business from 15 fet away during a cqb!

So a tri shot system is the safest, and simplest it would appear.

Also burst fire is not shot gun, but to be fair pretty much every aeg is the same gun with just different looks... but thats not the point, the point here is not to make a AA-12 by any means, its to try and make the first AEG shotgun, and any airsoft shotgun worth a damn fires more than one bb in a single shot. And besides, you dont get as good of a spread with a burst as a tri barrel unless u kinda wave the gun a bit...

Now my G3 order is kind on hold as i have had an offer from another member with parts, this member is a ledge and has recently sorted me out other parts. I may opt for both as I plan on making a DSG setup for my minigun and that uses a V2 gearbox, but thas a discusiion for my other thread at another time...

In a couple of days I will order some 3mm and 5mm foam pvc to make the mags and hop unit. I have some brand spanking new cutting discs for my rotary tool and loads of super glue :)

Only thing I cant seem to find is an outer barrel, needs to be 25mm ID but not have a really thick wall or it will look way too fat.

cant wat until I get the parts i need to get started!

Ha! If only it were that easy, here in the UK our store stock shedule "not the right size"

I have found on ebay an aluminium pipe that is 30mm OD with 2mm wall thickness giving it an ID of 26mm.

Tomorrow Im gonna be making my cutout into a more 3d model so i know how thck everything needs to be so i can then order the correct ammount of plastic to make the mags and hop units etc

I have calculated that the mag will be 45mm thick, if hat seems to thick when it comes to making it look nicem it will become a drum mag :P

Once i get my 3d cardboard prototype done i will post a few pics.

Also very nearly sorted getting some parts together :)

Archived