Hmmm... what the hell is going on here. Apparantly RA has posted on their website the following:

"RA KIMBER ROYAL II version are sold out and no longer for production."

Does that mean they pulled the product all togheter, or just a production stop to catch up on orders, or a stop to produce a better version or what? To me it kind sounds like they are not doing it (the product) any more..

Which makes me wonder, why ?

Did they just figure it isn't durable in the long run and they can't develop a durable version at a reasonable price, or what...

Too much work and too little kick back... hmmm. I guess I will e-mail them and ask.

Kind of worrying ... :o

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah that is the same one with black grips, they had those on offer when I bought mine as well. Someone linked me to their FaceBook albums, looks like there is a Kimber Stainless II in the making, so that could be nice :)

EDIT: Actually that album is from 2011 so. I dunno. Guess they will be putting out something else for a while then I guess. I am a sucker for silver 1911s but considering my experience with the Kimber Royal II.,.. hmmm :P

Edited by NonEx

RA confirmed via e-mail that the Kimber Royal II was a limited production run and they won't be making it any time soon again. But there is a new product coming out shortly to fill the void.

I am hoping on a stainless steel, single stack Springfield style GBB :D

Oh and BTW, new Kimber video:

NonEx - RA Tech Kimber Royal II - Sounds - The Clicks & The Clacks etc.

Enjoy ! :)

Edited by NonEx

Jonny told me that they want to make Steel Kit's. As far as I remember is a MEU. I was asking Johnny if they also make a SFA V12 and they confirmed it (still don't know if he is joking or mean it seriously). I wrote him a second email for progress information but he didn't replied it :(

Edited by sharingan

Not sure I agree there. KJW CO2 is the way to go for powering CO2. MEU, not so interested in, basically the same as the Kimber ? V12, OH DEAR GOD PLEASE... I would get that :D

Got a double video coming your way this weekend, probably the final ones on the Kimber for a while, will make videos of my other guns for a bit :)

But I think I have exhausted most of the info you could want on the Kimber and I hope it helps potential buyers, owners or just people who like to watch :)

FYI, weighed the gun today:

All NOVA Parts installed, Operators II tan grips with slex screws:

No magazine: 975 grams

with KJW 1911 gas magazine: 1165 grams

with KJW MEU gas magazine: 1160 grams

with KJW 1911/MEU CO2 magazine: 1205 grams

Hey-O!

Just hit 10 000 views on my airsoft YT channel so I am uploading two new videos this weekend, they are online right now.

First up we have an overview of the shapes and styles of the parts of the gun. Or basically a comparison of the appearance compared to the RS Kimber Royal II. If you are a hardcore RS fan and want a 1:1 copy, then there are quiet a few things which need to be fixed.

NonEx - RA Tech Kimber Royal II vs. RS Kimber Royal II - Shapes and Styles

Next video is kind of a re-make of something I went over in my initial 4-part upload, I guess it kind of got lost in there. So here is a dedicated and more detailed video regarding which parts are steel, and which are not.

NonEx - RA Tech Kimber Royal II - Parts Material Overview - Steel or Not Steel ?

Hope you guys enjoy. I will probably do one or two more videos on the RA Kimber, one will be just kind of an intro/eye candy video and I haven't decided on the other one yet. Then I will move on to my other items in the collection. Since I have around 10 guns, and seeing how much material I have squeezed out of the RA Kimber, albeit a speciality item, I think I am going to be keeping myself and you guys busy with these videos for some time to come.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

God damnit. I have had this for a while now, it grew on me, for sure. I like it. But there is one thing missing that really bothers me. The lack of interaction between outer barrel and slide. It's a fixed barrel so the lugs don't lock, and it's missing that final "click / klack" sound when you rack the slide, god damnit! :o

Almost considering selling it just because of that. But then again I can't build an aluminum kit pistol with CO2 capabilities out of the box AFAIK so... and I am too clumsy with the tools, otherwise I would do that probably.

*fruitcage* ###### this is, airsoft guns... :(

God damnit. I have had this for a while now, it grew on me, for sure. I like it. But there is one thing missing that really bothers me. The lack of interaction between outer barrel and slide. It's a fixed barrel so the lugs don't lock, and it's missing that final "click / klack" sound when you rack the slide, god damnit! :o

Almost considering selling it just because of that. But then again I can't build an aluminum kit pistol with CO2 capabilities out of the box AFAIK so... and I am too clumsy with the tools, otherwise I would do that probably.

*fruitcage* ###### this is, airsoft guns... :(

I'm surprised they used a straight blowback barrel...oh well, probably so they wouldn't have to hand-fit every barrel (which is a pain).

On the plus side, it probably works better that way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...