Bit off topic but many of you compare RA kimber to INO 1911, i want to show you this.

Temujin steel kit for TM 1911 which is Ino 1911's origin.

onss22.jpg

You can ( ^^^ here)see slide side line is not straight. Just like Inokatsu. Common defect of cast made slide.

onss36.jpg

Same CO2 cut.

onss43.jpg

Bumpy surface just like Inokatsu's one.

onss27.jpg

Same trades.

onss46.jpg

Same hex screw.

onss60.jpg

Is it only me that thinking 'I've seen that picture before...' :D

Edited by volante
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a bit worrying... How much does the kit sell for ?

PureSilver: I have not stated fitting the NOVA parts yet. I want to complete the videos and photos and review etc. based on the stock gun before I modify it too much. Hopefully within 1-2 weeks I can start fitting the parts together.

Edited by NonEx

Well, I guess since Inokatsu is out of business their OEM is starting business on their own, just like Viper tech ( from inos 2008 generation M4 when they came into financial arguments with ino) and LCT etc done earlier. But this 1911 steel "kit" is not on same level as my Ino 1911. Much more rough and not as ambitious on details/ quality. It look as if they " forgot " to sand/blast the casted frame before putting on the surface treatment. Just like they did when they sent the first batch to Ino- there is a nice youtube film about it. Anyway very interesting info. Please more about price/ where to buy etc.

Well, I guess since Inokatsu is out of business their OEM is starting business on their own, just like Viper tech ( from inos 2008 generation M4 when they came into financial arguments with ino) and LCT etc done earlier. But this 1911 steel "kit" is not on same level as my Ino 1911. Much more rough and not as ambitious on details/ quality. It look as if they " forgot " to sand/blast the casted frame before putting on the surface treatment. Just like they did when they sent the first batch to Ino- there is a nice youtube film about it. Anyway very interesting info. Please more about price/ where to buy etc.

OEM product's feature can be changed by Inokatsu's order.

"Hey temujin, i want to order your kit in large volume, but i don't like its surface treatment.

I want to order it without surface treatment. We'll do it ourselves" Result is Ino 1911.

Changing surface treatment is easy job. But making new slide/frame? That's hard.

Edited by volante

Yes you are right, and there are many stories about Inos way of doing business, but wow, do you mean that they did these kits before Ino?

This 'Temujin steel kit' was announced in 2009.

And some people in Taiwan forum actually bought it and posted about it.

I find this information on 'Arms-cool' forum.

And there are mant vidoes about temujin kit on Youtube.

Edited by volante

Great info, I'll check Youtube. Nonex; there has been some writing about the Ino drama with cybergun on Gasguns.info/forum. Apparently it's something about funds for developing the 2012 version of the M4 and cybergun/mr ino seems to have fallen out of each other. But since the ino company is nowadays owned by Cybergun I guess the brand in it self will come back in some form.

Hey guys.

Set up my foam-padded carry case that I got for the Kimber just now, turned out pretty damn well if I may say so myself :D

Apologies for the iPhone pics!

ra_killer_case_01.jpg

ra_killer_case_02.jpg

ra_killer_case_03.jpg

ra_killer_case_04.jpg

Contents:

1x RA Kimber

5x KJW KP-07/MEU/1911 CO2 magazine

1x KJW KP-07/MEU/1911 MEU style gas magazine

1x KJW 1911 style gas magazine

1x Display stand

12x 12g CO2 cartridges

1x Cleaning/Umjamming rod

1x Speedloader

1x CO2 installation hex key

1x Hop up adjustment hex key

1x Take-down tool

1x Microfibre cloth

Edited by NonEx

Sad to say I can now 100% confirm that the internals are 100% stock KJW MEU aluminum. Disconnector, valve reset knocker and valve knocker... Replaced with *albatross* and SD parts = super sexy fit and function, drop in fit. Togheter with the NOVA hammer and sear the action is incredibly smooth now.

Gotta work some more on fitting the trigger and the grip safety... :D

Think it will turn out alright in the end after all !

Yeh, at least 500 USD I think. I will be rounding up all the costs in a video summary to show you what it takes to really make it full steel.

Also, as per my status update. I just shot it a few times with a CO2 magazine and the internals got "in sync" and gave me a couple of shots of full power, and holy *suitcase*, I almost dropped the damn thing! Loud, hard and fast! (LOL). I think it will turn out allright :D

Fourth and final part of initial video is now online

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc0ZY0vnPb0

I go over the different grips I got for it, the NOVA parts and the magazines for it.

Next weekend I plan to make videos about the differenses between RS Royal II and RA Royal II, full disassembly and reassembly video, shorter video on steel parts, overview of NOVA parts and cost etc. Then I will take a break from the Kimber and do videos of my other guns and gear.

Edited by NonEx

Looks like that is the conclusion most people are making, I will look into that, hopefully just making the groove for the hammer strut a little deeper will fix it :D

Can you imagine getting the full power on every shot... It is AMAZING. LIke, the video doesn't do it justice. I thought the KJW MEU kicked hard and was loud. This one is MORE AWESOME!

I guess its the time period with every gun that one hates while living it, but really appreciates a while after it when you know the thing from top to bottom and it just works. I had my AK sitting around for 6 months and I hated it, but now that I have I got it to work, I'd rather be homeless with my AK than sell it to afford rent for a month or two.

So, cherish the moment, I am sure you'll really love the Kimber once you get it to its full potential :)

New video online:

NonEx - RA Tech Kimber Royal II - Field strip, clean, lube and re-assemble :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dlUsP6T_HU

Check it out ! :D

Looks like I overprocessed the video in post with sharpening etc. will try to figure out my optimal settings!

Will see if I can fire and chrono it this weekend and get some super-slow-mo shooting videos etc.

Edited by NonEx