Special Forces Civilian/PMC look? Pt.1

Icemaster109

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what's a PMC-ish backpack? i've been browsing through the whole thread again.. i can't seem to find a good shot of backpacks used...

Im fairly sure that any tacticool backpack from the likes of Blackhawk! DBT, Tacticool tailor, LBT ect would all be fine for a PMC impression. As they are more likely to be buying their own gear rather than always having supplied ala seals, ect, I think you proably have some latitue in the choice of backpack. (Or, im summary, get something with molle on it.)

The only instance where I've seen a PMC using a long rifle was one of the Blackwater men in the Najaf Compound assualt, and he had an SR-25 to hold off the insurgents at a long range. So to answer your question, wouldn't be the best weapon to use for a PMC loadout, but I guess it'd be okay, if you were to style the entire loadout to be a Marksman style. :)

Ive seen a picture a while ago with a PMC using an M14, cant find the damn thing tho. I was thinking of purchasing the Star M14 Sopmod and doing the whole PMC/Marksman but sadly no evidence of it being used :(

Generally, I don't think you're going to find a PMC with a long rifle of any sorts. If you think about it, they mainly do convoy security. That means, if they need to shoot, it's either going to be from inside of the vehicle (not recommended), or it'd be around the actual convoy trying to break fire, or get the VIP to some nearby point of safety. So I'd think you'd want a relatively short weapon for manuvering in that kind of area. The only instance where I've seen a PMC using a long rifle was one of the Blackwater men in the Najaf Compound assualt, and he had an SR-25 to hold off the insurgents at a long range. So to answer your question, wouldn't be the best weapon to use for a PMC loadout, but I guess it'd be okay, if you were to style the entire loadout to be a Marksman style. :)

Stop spouting such rubbish.

Just because the only videos you've seen show PSC's conducting convoy security and PSD operations, that doesn't mean they don't do anything else. Oh, and will people get it through their heads that PSC's have been around longer than Iraq, and don't only operate there?

To name one area where PSC's would use DMRs, is in static security, guarding buildings, oil rigs and pipelines, etc. etc. There are many more, but quite frankly I'm far too tired of having to repeat myself.

Now, please, when you don't know anything about the subject, don't try and inform people about it.

Stop spouting such rubbish.

Just because the only videos you've seen show PSC's conducting convoy security and PSD operations, that doesn't mean they don't do anything else. Oh, and will people get it through their heads that PSC's have been around longer than Iraq, and don't only operate there?

To name one area where PSC's would use DMRs, is in static security, guarding buildings, oil rigs and pipelines, etc. etc. There are many more, but quite frankly I'm far too tired of having to repeat myself.

Now, please, when you don't know anything about the subject, don't try and inform people about it.

I never said they don't conduct any other operations. I said you'll rarely see a PMC using a long rifle like that in today's world. Why? Because 95 or so percent of the pictures of PMCs/PSCs out there come from where? Iraq. Sure, they probably do use M14s in other enviornments as you said. Hell, they could use *fruitcage* MP40s in some enviornments for all we know. I'm just saying what I've seen, and what I would recommend for a PMC loadout. Please note, at the end, I said that the M14 should be alright for a Marksmen loadout of sorts, but not your standard run of the mill convoy security loadout. That's all I was trying to say.

Ok, i've looked through the previous 47 pages and i can't find any PMC's using G36's. Has anyone got any pics or even know if any PMC's use any of the G36 family of weapons as i want to do a PMC loadout with a G36c as my primary.

Any help/advice is much appreciated.

This video shows British security contractors in A-stan using G36's, answering your question...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNbh3c1FJDs

Archived