Special Forces Civilian/PMC look? Pt.1

Icemaster109

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*bashes head against the table, just once, very quickly*

ok I'm going to have to say this again, aren't I?

REAL civcons wear what they damn well please, even if this means a fully loaded RAv.

No-one is disputing this fundamental fact.

Airsofters trying to get the IMPRESSION right, probably shouldn't look like they've just stepped out of the gucci gungear fashion show, as this, in combination with pale skin, wobbly biceps and a 1000 yard crosseyed squint, makes us look like big girls underwear.

ok?

bloody hellfire...

-All your shirts are skintight "Under Armor" T-shirts

pwned!

-Are arrogant and condescending to people with more experience, training and who make more money than you.

pwned!

-You carry a drop-leg holster, wear a Federal Agent Badge, flash bangs, 5 or more pistol mags, asp, handcuffs, surefire light, Leatherman, on your belt and a Gerber mark II strapped to the outside of your boot, in the embassy complex.

pwned!

-You have excellent kit.

pwned!

-You blouse you Royal Robins 5.11 pants into your boots

pwned!

-Often email pictures of yourself in body armor, weapons and kit to all your friends, family and anybody that you have their email address.

pwned!

-Believe people really give a *beep* about seeing multiple pictures of you in your body armor, weapons and kit.

pwned!

You all know who I'm talking about... ;)

hey, thats more like it!

I like the battered look of the mags in particular, and the multicam lends that air of faded authenticity to the look too- very good :)

hang on, small note- do you find it tricky doing pistol reloads, given the pistol mags are on the same side as you'd be holding the pistol? Not a mjor issue, and I'm sure they're easily reached, but still...

This always seemed to me to be one of the major disadvantages of crossdraw holsters...

nonetheless, its getting very tempting to sell off my LBE set and go with a multicam MOLLE rig...

good stuff!

interesting him recommending supressors- blows our previous theories out of the water, though I'd propbably opt for having it in a side pouch, rather than on th egun at all times.

And I like his recommendations for holsters too- never been too keen on drop-leg holsters, but I can definately see their application, especially if they are adjustable enough to be worn cowboy-style, rahter than dangling round your knees.

and an excellent point about bayonets too- never really thought about them in those terms, but for crowd control, they are pretty intimidating- must go buy myself a rubber one :)

ok, I'm going to see about rumbling myself up a sort of Civcon look on the cheap- any recommendations for MOLLE type gear that DOESN'T cost a fortune?

OK, I know that its best to get the good stuff, but I have a certain philosophy about airsoft- if its going to be used for non-life-and-death situations, it doesn't need to cost alot :)

Ah, the "Mussells from Brussels".

What a fine actor he is. Quality work such as Street Fighter shouldn't be missed.

Although Universal Soldier is a good one. Loads of guns. Great basis for a skirmish, spray your hit team mates with BO basher to revive them! Sweet.

My 5.11 trousers arrived today, so I made a first (very, very rough) stab at a contractor loadout. Obviously, the trousers need to be dirtied up some.

IMG_1414copy.jpg

IMG_1416copy.jpg

IMG_1417copy.jpg

Apologies for the uber-dark photos with flash - it was p*ssing it down!

-----------------------------------------------

KITLIST:

• 5.11 Tactical Pants, Khaki
  • Generic O'Neill T-shirt
  • TAG Rigger's Belt, OD
  • HSGI Drop Holster (flap removed), OD
  • Columbia low-cut boots
  • Traser watch, blue face
  • USAF Nomex Flight Gloves, Sage Green
  • Locking carabiner (on pants' D-ring)
  • BHI Personal Retention Lanyard, OD
  • Colorado Rockies baseball cap :D
In pockets:
  • Streamlight Stinger flashlight
  • 6no. M4 magazines
  • Cobra 525 radio
Guns:
  • Classic Army M15A4 Carbine
  • KSC USP Compact
Oh and by the way, brown cam-cream works wonders in making your face look dirty ;)

I really need a set of the internal kneepads now, plus some sort of body armour.

Archived