Special Forces Civilian/PMC look? Pt.1

Icemaster109

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the 733, it's nicely painted. I take it you live in a deserty area?

Add some body armour, a rigger's belt/duty belt and a drop-leg holster and I'd say you're set to go.

Thanks for the suggestions. The chest rig is all i have at the moment. I'm getting a Weesatch within the next few months so the armor part is set. I don't have a pistol at the moment, so having a holster would be kinda useless. But thanks for the comment on the M733. I do live in the San Diego, CA, USA so yeah it's pretty deserty here. Painted the gun myself :)

PlasticMag,

Thanks for the comments.

Out of all the pictures on this thread, I think Virgo's looks the best. Even without all the fancy drop-leg gear and radios hanging about, I still think he's got the look down the best.

I think the man thing in going for the look is a good pair of shades, or tinted/smoke goggles. After that, a good-fitting(not overly large/loose) shirt in the right color(not blue, not white) and something on your chest. Body armour or a vest, you need something. Preferably not those SWAT vests that Blackhawk makes. The Wasatch and TT stuff works the part. Khaki's, and your set.

Of course there are pictures of PMC's in the middle east wearing the opposite of what I said, but that's because, as Crazy Harry has pointed out a dozen times, they can pull that off because they aren't trying to look the part, they are the part.

When I find somewhere to host a picture of myself, I will. Virgo's will probably still look better because the picture of me in question only has the straps of a camelbak on my chest, no armour or plate carriers :/

Also, love the idea of the forum-wide security franchise. Too cool.

Out of all the pictures on this thread, I think Virgo's looks the best. Even without all the fancy drop-leg gear and radios hanging about, I still think he's got the look down the best.

I think the man thing in going for the look is a good pair of shades, or tinted/smoke goggles. After that, a good-fitting(not overly large/loose) shirt in the right color(not blue, not white) and something on your chest. Body armour or a vest, you need something. Preferably not those SWAT vests that Blackhawk makes. The Wasatch and TT stuff works the part. Khaki's, and your set.

Of course there are pictures of PMC's in the middle east wearing the opposite of what I said, but that's because, as Crazy Harry has pointed out a dozen times, they can pull that off because they aren't trying to look the part, they are the part.

When I find somewhere to host a picture of myself, I will. Virgo's will probably still look better because the picture of me in question only has the straps of a camelbak on my chest, no armour or plate carriers :/

Also, love the idea of the forum-wide security franchise. Too cool.

Gee...thanks. :) I didn't think it was THAT great. After all...i DID use what was lying around in my bedroom :D

Oh and if you need a place to host a picture, www.photobucket.com is what i use. It's free and will automatically resize any pictures that are too big (in terms of file size).

Holy heck! Why couldn't I have learned about this stuff earlier?! This is extremely easy to pull off!

Anywho, I want to replicate something like the guy on the far right, but with something better suited for woodland combat as opposed to sand box combat:

animalM4s-2.jpg

Without any armor, just my tac vest.

yeah, I've heard shao's face is actually like that in real life. Makes life handy for when he's testifying against the mob :)

Anyhoo, I'm off to the Team and Player Section to set up the ARSES Thread. It'll be on a sticky at the top, feel free to sign up :)

Archived