Special Forces Civilian/PMC look? Pt.1

Icemaster109

Lord Sex, nice mix of PMC and WWII paratrooper, I thought I was the only one doing that! (Actually my combo consists of PMC loadout + German Fallschirmjager smock on top of anything). There should be a new category called "Fantasy-SpecOp-PMC", or something like that.

Sorry for spamming a pics thread, I'll see to post some pìc shortly :(

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You push the magazine into the housing, and you should hear the catch click, you should be able to feel it click too.

With your hand still around the magazine you pull it downwards, and if its locked correctly it shouldnt come back out.

Hope that helps : )

Going to have to agree, do the push pull method with your reloads. Forget about it being good practice with real weapons, its also good with airsoft guns. Sometimes tapping the bottom of a magazine wont full seat it in the catch. With the push pull method if its not seated its going to come out and STILL be in your hand which means you have the opportunity of jamming it right back into the weapon whereas with the tap method, if the mag isnt seated and the tap doesnt do it, once the gearbox starts rocking and rolling the vibration can and will knock the mag right out of the well. Its happened to me before and its one of the biggest oh *beep* moments you will ever experience.

Also, get some control of that weapon. You're swinging it around like its a club.

Also, why would a PMC need that many magazines? A PMC's job is to break contact and get their VIP the hell away from the gunfight. If you have to fire twelve magazines before you have time to grab a mag from your vehicle you seriously did something wrong.

Yeah, i know this is only airsoft but if you're going to do a PMC loadout at least try and make it look like a PMC.

Wearing a pair of khakis, a backwards facing ballcap and a shortsleeve shirt doesnt make it a PMC loadout. Especially when you're wearing a ciras and sporting 12 magazines in some really awkward locations.

PS, relax your grip just a little bit on that pistol, it looks like you're trying to strangle it. Unnecessary muscle tension is a good way to lead to advanced fatigue. Its one thing to have a solid grip on your weapon, its another when you're trying to pretend the grip is playdough.

Well I keep up with some PMCs from time to time that I used to run into in the mil. I have said it before and I will say it again. PMCs are like restruants; there are good, there are bad and they are always changing the menu.

Now, yes there are alot of rules that PMCs usually stick to. However I will address the underlined portion at the time -about the magazines. PMC operations are to break contact in most cases. However many guys out there run more than 2-3 times the capacity of ammunition then do soldiers in the military. They do this for a few reasons. One, breaking contact requires more ammunition. To break contact as a small unit you have to bring the illusion of massive firepower. Now the link here M4 Full Auto Time shows that it takes about -3.5 to 4 seconds to unload a 30 round magazine at full auto (this would be most evident in a peel technique). Secondly the mission dictates the loadout for most of these guys. Unlike the military that tries to dictate a loadout for most all missions. If they are pulling a cross country run or in a bad area they take whats needed, if they are pulling a VIP in the Int zone, likewise they take whats needed. Thirdly many contractors got scared after the two Blackwater incidents. The one in Falluja showed how easily one team can be overan if the situations is bad. The other scenario is where the BW PMC were stuck on a roof top, running out of ammo and denied assistance by the US military. After that many PMCs decided to pull a CYOA (Cover Your Own...ya know) and take what they can take when they can take it. As for the obscure locations....well I wont touch into that. There are rules and techniques of placing magazines however PMCs break and shake rules all the time in this department (Look at the number that still arent even using MOLLE). One thing is for certain though, most guys dont carry more than they need. So most shake off their rucks and bugouts in the vehicle. Anyway, thats my two cents. But I have seen alot of whack loadouts trying to look like PMCs however I have to say the one addressed here in my own opinion is strong to me.

here's my contribution

PLEASE NOTE THE AK is going to be replaced with an m4; just dont know which one yet; was thinking of the KA TROY one that just came out.

anyways

CIMG0483.jpg

CIMG0484.jpg

at this point i was going nuts changing in and out of so many loadouts

CIMG0487.jpg

CIMG0485.jpg

with the ak

in place of m4

CIMG0488.jpg

CIMG0489.jpg

CIMG0490.jpg

checking a malfunction... yeha i know lame but its 3am

CIMG0491.jpg

kitlist upon request

Hello, I am reading a book about PMC's called "A Bloody Business" and it lists some equipment "worn or carried by State Department contractors".

~ Level III CQC ballistic helmet w/ infrared capabilities

~ Level IV multiple-hit body armor

~ HSG Wasatch special forces modular chest rig

~ Colt gov't M4 rifle with aimpoint red dot reticle

~ 14 thirty-round M4 ammo magazines (420 rounds)

~ Glock 19, 9mm pistol with three high capacity magazines loaded with Hydra-Shock ammo

~ 1 U.S. high-concentrate smoke grenade

~ 2 U.S. M67 fragmentation grenade (25-meter kill radius)

~ Encrypted squad radio

~ Cell Phone

(all information taken from "A Bloody Business" by General Gerald Schumacher)

Medic,

I should be receiving my KA Troy today in the mail, so I'll post a review sometime today or tomorrow (its my weekend finally), so I'll let you know what I think. I'm not a gearbox nut etc, so I wont be breaking it down for no reason to explore every nut and bolt...but I'll try to crono it, and get some basic impressions for you.

I'll also attempt to put together a PMC loadout (I have most of the gear, but not much for the actual M4 stuff...hmmm...)

Generally, I don't think you're going to find a PMC with a long rifle of any sorts. If you think about it, they mainly do convoy security. That means, if they need to shoot, it's either going to be from inside of the vehicle (not recommended), or it'd be around the actual convoy trying to break fire, or get the VIP to some nearby point of safety. So I'd think you'd want a relatively short weapon for manuvering in that kind of area. The only instance where I've seen a PMC using a long rifle was one of the Blackwater men in the Najaf Compound assualt, and he had an SR-25 to hold off the insurgents at a long range. So to answer your question, wouldn't be the best weapon to use for a PMC loadout, but I guess it'd be okay, if you were to style the entire loadout to be a Marksman style. :)

Archived