Special Forces Civilian/PMC look? Pt.1

Icemaster109

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is just a quick post :-

been seeing a LOT of "cov cons and such dont wear camo and i know for fact!!1111!/eleven//" but as i see it the one thing they do, do is this, "they use what THEY want and feel is needed" so if camo helps they wear it, if the vest works better than the other than the best vest gets worn and same for gear no more bashing they wear wat they want and how they want, they look at the situation and model a loadout to suit the pottential situations they could encounter.

now im really bored so yea theres the answer to the comments of "civ con = no camo!!"

this is just a quick post :-

been seeing a LOT of "cov cons and such dont wear camo and i know for fact!!1111!/eleven//" but as i see it the one thing they do, do is this, "they use what THEY want and feel is needed" so if camo helps they wear it, if the vest works better than the other than the best vest gets worn and same for gear no more bashing they wear wat they want and how they want, they look at the situation and model a loadout to suit the pottential situations they could encounter.

now im really bored so yea theres the answer to the comments of "civ con = no camo!!"

Actually I do believe they can't use large areas of camo due to them appearing as parts of armed forces they are not in.

Delta CPD can wear camo as they're in the forces, but civilian contractors seem to be bound by certain rules.

Uhh, the guy on the far right is wearing boots:

If he can wear boots, then I can wear boots =].

Yes but they dont look like nice laced-up spit-polished issue jobbies do they? ;)

Most of the big manufacturers make really good "civvy" boots which are more expensive than mass-produced GI gear. Doubt they'd give much of a hoot anyways, some of these guys could be Delta or more likely Green Berets and they are notoriously independant when it comes to gear. Whatever they want, they can carry...

The cap thing is just to avoid ridiculously unsuitable headgear from John Deere or Burberry or something.

"Where did I dun put mah hat, ma?"

No Ray Bans, Oakleys are the obvious piece of kit here

Damn yeah you are right! I got caught up in the whole cool shades thing and overlooked THE cool shades, which are of course Oakley.

My bad!

We should get Trinny and Suzannah to dress up Arnie in civvy contractor gear ( I call it Manchurian Global gear ;) )

(Hides under desk in case Arnie reads this :mellow: )

:D

• 2 weeks later...
Hello. I dont know how many of you have seen the Navy SPECWAR pictures, or Delta force CPD or Green Berets in Afghanistan..but we were trying to get that "undercover" look. The mixture of civilian clothing with military gear is appealing to us, but it seems hard to replicate without looking like a newb who forgot to buy BDUs. My question is how to make a legitimate impression. Also I have a question to some of you who may have tried this look....do large OPs count this as a uniform for your team? Or have you found it troublesome to be assigned or accepted in Ops?

I`m not finished with my own kit for the "SPECOPS" look, but I cant point you in the direction of some MILSIM Airsofters, who In my opninon have "hit the nail". I wont put a direct link to them here, but you can find them i Arnies Teamdatabase in the European section. they are called DASK, and are Located in Norway.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go and run over my kit, and in general, just "give it the works"... :flamed:

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/alb...n/SF_Cowboy.jpg

Grow a beard!

Thats' my loadout right there, as soon as I get the body armour off titus....

???

Looks like a green beret to me...

How could I not notice this thread?!?!?

http://home.comcast.net/~ISCorp <- my Team/Company, Independent Securities Corporation.

I'll get some pics up after a few more things come in the mail.

I read your site and like some of the ideas. PM me about a possible Washington state branch.

Archived