Upgrades

Mrtricoloraxe

Hey guys,

So this topic is pretty common but im looking for upgrades for my g&p m4. i want a decent rof around (22)

,reliable,and decent cost setup. i was thinking for just shimming and Checking The AEO. (NOTE: second time opening up a gearbox first time didn't end too well.) i was also thinking of changing the piston to a shs full metal teeth piston. so if any of you could please give me some tips and parts list that would be great.

Sincerely, Joseph Kim

You sound like a new tech and I will give you some solid advice. I would highly recommend you do some reading on airsoftmechanics.com and use there search function to research and learn from the database that is there. The best thing to do is dive in and try what you think is best and then research for a solution if you have a problem. I will throw you a bone and say there is no checking the AOE there is only adjusting as no stock gun comes straight out of the box with a corrected AOE, there our several ways to correct it and I would start your search there.

Your G&P M4 should be shooting at around 23 BB's/sec. At least the ones that we sell here in Ireland are all in and around that.

If you want to upgrade ROF, without having to go near the gearbox then swap out your motor for a neodymium magnet motor such as the Lonex A1, or SHS High Torque and you'll see nice results! You can also go bigger on the battery - use a minimum of a 9.6v NiMh, high discharge 7.4v Lipo, or if you're confident in the shimming, gears and piston, then 11.1v Lipo.

If you do want to go near the gearbox, take your sweet time. It's not a rush. Just sit back, relax and keep checking everything. I would recommend putting in SHS 13:1 gears, SHS 15 tooth metal rack piston, re-grease, adjust AoE (if necessary; on my own MRP it was pretty good with the SHS 15 tooth piston - not perfect by any stretch, but good enough that I didn't feel the need to bother) and re-shim.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived