Something to do with a spare V3....?

ninja master of coffee

A few weeks back I ordered a replacement CYMA version 3 gearbox for my dboys AKMS, long story short, it doesnt quite fit as it's a little too wide and the selecter levers don't seem to match up right (it cant select semi auto, just full auto twice). Now, this has left me with a spare version 3 mechbox, (my dboys gearbox seems to be holding up, I think I've traced a weird lock up problem to aging, sticky grease on the piston causing it to stick just as the gears mesh with it, particularly with the 8.4v battery, 9.2v works fine, re-grease will happen.) Anyway, I digress, I'm trying to come up with a project to use the CYMA v3 in, partly I need to know what receiver a CYMA V3 will go into (an element AK47 receiver also seems too narrow). I'm pretty open to ideas though nothing horrifically expensive, ideas I have had are some kind of mildly railed sporter AK or maybe a standard AK47 for stuff like Vietnam games.

Cheers!

I have the same problem with Marui box and Element AK74 receiver... so I think don't go for Element.

To be more accurate I can turn it to semi of I "overtur" it... Hence I think in my case it's not because the to narrow receiver...

Any deas to fix it???

I have the same problem with Marui box and Element AK74 receiver... so I think don't go for Element.

To be more accurate I can turn it to semi of I "overtur" it... Hence I think in my case it's not because the to narrow receiver...

Any deas to fix it???

I fixed this in the past, first advice is frankly to dump the element receiver, they are junk.

Or, you can cut your selector lever's teeth so that it can notch up one extra tooth.

It's hard to verbalise, but you should adjust you selector parts so that when you have semi selected on the outside defined by the placement of the notch on the receiver, the internal parts are one tooth ahead, and in the correct position. I did this successfully. See the image I mspainted up for you, cut the red portion and shape that last bit into a tooth, and have it as your last tooth and install it accordingly, your selector should work now. Element suck at dimensions so this is the problem and solution.

OgQQd.jpg

Thanx!

I did not thought about a lot(My gun was in box for two years, because of broken rear sight base, but now that problem solved too).

What's the element's material?

Many shops said: spiater, but that can'be because it's the only one wich can't be cold blued. So I think aluminium.

If it's true that will be great for me(by welding I could remove the russian markings, and could repleace them with hungarians).

That's my one: th_DSCF0662.jpg

Yeah I only mention the element receiver because it happens to be lying around, they're very cheap so the fact that they also suck isn't a massive surprise. One idea I did have was to do a yugo rifle of some kind, either an M72 or M92, since the gearbox is already rear wired I suppose the M72 would be the more obvious choice though I'd need to customize a receiver to be right for an RPK design. Cheers for the info on the selecter levers! I need to order a few things for this to actually be possible, right now I'm weighing up whether to simply sell the CYMA GB or make something using it.

Archived