Prototype Quadrotor UAV Drone with SMG

Deadmeat

This has been up here before , and most people agree its a very cool fake video...

Quadrotors have been used as recon tools in airsoft before, the tech isnt hugely expensive now days,

but it gives one team a huge advantage and the other team something expensive to shoot at!!!

In the right situation at the right type of game very cool yes, but for most sites the hicap kids will not appreciate the tactics involved in using video intel.

And it will get hosed by everyone...

Jim

R/C choppers are a fun hobby. I've got a few on the desk in front of me - SYMA S107s, ~$20 from china. But, you won't be mounting an AEG on it anytime soon. To get any sort of thrust you need a multicopter, probably somewhere between 4-8 roters. You'll end up spending hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars on it, then risking it on the airsoft field for the chance at recon; Recon you could just as easily get with a 3-9x scope that you can pick up at walmart, for $30. Sure, it'd be cool. But at that price, you're just starting another hobby. There's little reason to meld the two together.

Extremely fake video aside, this has sort of already been done for airsoft, sans the machine gun http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/204177-the-starwire-project-airsoft-uav/ uses one of those parrot UAV things. I can see a use in scenario games and proper milsims, not so much in a regular skirmish but hey, that isn't all of airsoft and to be honest, I wouldn't risk hundreds of pounds (or dollars) with a bunch of rental kids running around. As for arming it, unlikely, even if it was feasable in a technical sense, the safety issues would probably make it something of a no-no, that or it would just be laughably *suitcase*.

Archived