Help with my well l96

Scooter16

Please can i have some help i have a well l96 and im only just about getting 180ft with any accuracy

I have a madbull 6.03 tightbore barrel and a pdi l96 hope up and not sure what to do next

I have near perfect compression on the cylinder with some home mods

but only 5/6 secs on the barrel compression

There are 2 scratches on the cylinder head ! Does this make that much difference

Im looking to get 250 ft if it is poss

After the 180 ft mark the bbs are going all over the place ! Is it poss for them to go straight all the way through there flight ?

Im using .43g madbulls

Please help if you can i dont mind spending some money but dont have alot of cash to spear

So some cheap advice please

Thanks scooter

I had a guarder that split after 100 shots

But that could have been my fault as when taking it out i had to pull very hard to remove it

Does it make that much diffrence ?

Also i lost the spring for the hopup so i made one

But even the one that came with the unit did not push the lower of the 2 arms fully! so i guess it was not pushing the rubber down all the way !

Ditch the PDI hop, they are nought but trouble. They need shimming to work properly, the spring is a pig to align when putting the inner barrel assy back into the outer, and constant removal causes the grub screws to strip due to the crappy Ali used.

Put the original back in and tweak that.

The trigger mech holds the spring back, and takes a lot of pressure is the easiest way I can explain it. I have a Well L96, and after around 500 shots it broke on the stock spring. If you upgrade the spring, it's a must.

+1

But depends on which trigger mech is the original:

-older ones have plastic trigger box(that one surely brakes if over 500)

-later ones have metall trigger box(IMO i wouldn't change that one)

It's your BB's. To get the BB's up to the 0.43g weight, Madbull added filler which did not go well - there's substantial bubbles, and the center of gravity is way off in them. Hence why your BB's tend to go in every direction.

Use higher quality BB's and enjoy!

Archived