brainstorming about M4 Hopup and G3, G36

Jabawalk

we recently started looking into improving the accuracy of our G36. we suspected that main reason is the hopup chamber which is a bit shaggy and cannot properly fixed within the gun.

then one of the solution is to convert the hopup chamber into a M4 version hopup, which has plenty of upgrade parts available.

The main problem at this moment is that G36 gear box is removed by pulling down, therefore the loading muzzle will get into the way, but that can be solved by removing the barrel first when removing the gearbox. (not too much a problem since we dont need, or want, to swap gearbox everyday or every game.)

the next one is to fixed the location of the hopup. it seems that G36hopup relies on a notch at the outer barrel, which a M4 Hopup does not...

any idea? if anyone has been looking into this issue please help with some ideas. I am thinking of creating a spring / tube structure to fix it.

What brand is the G36? JG? SVT?

The base design of the G36 hopup is excellent, probably one of the best, up there with the M14, better than the P90, and light years better than the M4 series ones.

Now, one common problem I encountered on my TM, Ares G36 was that the chamber has a slight bit of play in terms of rotation around the barrel's axis. This is due to the lack of tight tolerances between the chamber and the... "front trunion" (I suppose that's what it would be on the real steel, basically the part that your push the spring loaded chamber into and then turn and release.

There is no good way to fix this.

One approach is to file down the two lugs on the hopup chamber so that when installed into the trunion, it comes out a little more and touches the face of the gearbox more rightly.

This will improve the air seal and help with rotation. If you want to completely lock it down then you can try soldering some tin onto the face of the gearbox and then filiing that bit of solder till it becomes an anti-rotation lug. You can do the same with some super glue and hard plastic (which was how I did it). Eliminated 80% of the rotation.

Alternatively, just get a KWA. The chamber in mine had literally 0 rotation even when I pushed, very very hard. The entire unit was just locked down 100%. Not surprisingly, the accuracy was phenomonal after a thorough barrel cleaning.

thanks mates.

the G36 I personally have is the old version AEG from ARES. this is not too bad until one day it just give me *suitcase* grouping within 10m. then I upgraded it and is now using SHS Chamber+ Prometheus hopup bucking and Modify Hybrid 6.05mm (iirc) inner barrel. still got a bit shabby at about 25m (muzzle power = 1.25J). I assume with better BBs it can be pushed to 30m mark but I really want to challenge the 40m mark hence the thought.

another UMAREX/SnT EBB G36c has a terrible grouping...... but I prefer to fix one then the other.

======

mating with gear box can be fixed by changing loading muzzle and maybe some drilling, nothing can't fix with a drill and violence =p

In terms of the chamber design, I don't think G36 hopup is superior. especially when facing other M4 based systems you will easily find quite a lot of nicely tuned AEG with impressive range while you don't see many, if any, G36 based system with similar performance. we believe the design that the chamber is fixed by tension causes the problem. M4 Hopup will attach both ways to the gear box and the inner barrel, so we tried to investigate the possibilities in using one.

However, getting a Marui Hopup Chamber is also one of the options, it is currently out of stock so we try the M4 first. :D

I dont get this, you think the M4 hop design is better than the G36?

I had a G36 as my first aeg, and spent the last few years trying to get my M4's to shoot as well as it did.

The G36 hop design is simple and works well, with my CA G36K 50m shots were easy.

Good ammo is a must, 0.25-0.28g for starters, always beats me that people spend $$$$ on aegs and upgrading yet shoot cheap 0.2gs.

But seriously, if you cant hit targets at 40m with a bog standard G36c you have some big problems in it somewhere.

Try this http://www.ebairsoft.com/aluminum-chamber-marui-p-2660.html if you cant get a TM Hop.

Jim

Have you considered using one of the prowin g36 hop chambers? These have a slightly longer rear section so you have to remove the front-most gearbox screw to allow the hop unit to fit properly.

I have these hop units in two g36s, and of all the tinkering I have done to them the prowin has returned the best results by far.

A few other thigns you may want to consider. Whipping the hop rubber onto the barrel with dental floss. Adding some ptfe or other thin tape onto the barrel. This can reduce the barrels ability to move, as there is some space between the inner and outer barrels.

May sound like a silly question but have you cleaned the barrel recently, could be one reason for getting such poor groupings.

Archived