I have recently acquired a Tanfoglio Limited custom. It is a Co2 Replica of Eric Grauffel's comp pistol (4 times IPSC world champion)

The first thing you will notice (apart from the detachable optic rail) is how heavy it is, 2.8kgs mag in no rail and optics.

It is full metal construction and due to the 351fps on 0.20g BBs output it has a good solid kick, plenty of noise and cycles very well, especially after a thorough clean and lube.

Included extras such as flared mag well, large ambidextrous safety, over sized mag release and light skeleton hammer make for a nice practical weapon.

The trigger pull is light but still feels like quality build and it has a good rate of fire, even on a cold day. Another interesting feature is that the slide lock back notch is internal to the topslide making it a more sealed unit.

The rail can support most, if not all Dot type optics so you really can create it to your own spec.

Co2 bulb changes are very easy and not having to fill the gas every mag is as good as you think it is. The mag will also let you know about 2 full loads before it dies with a noticeable drop to about 280fps but will still cycle fine

There is only one downside, the metal finish is a little slippy. I fixed this wit a very small amount of skateboard grip tape in key areas.

I would rate the Tanfoglio as noticeably better than my tried and tested TM M.E.U, a very bold statement as many TM 1911 users will tell you but this pistol is a clear 9.5/10 only missing the perfect score for the lack of hand grip.

My recommendation is if you see this in store, pick it up, have a try, fall in love and inevitably buy it.

Any pictures ?

One of the snipers turned up with one at a local game, he didn't get the subtle hint maybe chrono test it before playing, so i didn't get any FPS numbers from him.

Did have a good look and test fire in a game quiet moment, he got it from JD airsoft, sure they put FPS around 330 mark so a nice playable CO2 option.

He had removed the side mounted rail and was running sightless (no issue at normal pistol ranges)

It was weighty, slide blowback was crisp, nice balance.

The grips are a touch odd, being all metal, so your adding of grip tape is a good idea, i could see them getting slippery with wet or sweaty muddy hands.

Seemed a solid well built piece, nice to see a competiton pistol. For the package with scope rail and extended racking handle, seemed good value.

2 downsides from the owner. Current lack of spare mags in UK (may be available by now) and he kept losing his only mag when holstered, could be a slack fitting drop leg or maybe the mag catch sticks out a bit much, which i would expect on an IPSC pistol anyway for fast reloads.

:)

Paint job looks cheap IMO.

The paint does chip off easy. That's the nature of paint on metal though, especially where the metal rail bolts on. I know the grip tape doesn't look that great but it makes it a lot better to use and I'll go with practicality over style anytime. I did do it a bit quick though, should spend a bit more time on it.