Death Machine (redux)- This project will make you a goddamn Sexual Tyranosaurus.

spetsnazdave87

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Progress:

- Fully stitched sling into the straps.

- Ratchet straps fitted, and tightened. Did push ups, star jumps, and even rolled about in my yard with it on. The box doesn't budge appart from very gentle flex.

As far as I'm concerned this is basically the rig externally finished.

On the way:

ABS sheeting for constructing the internal hopper.

35mm buckles for the sling mk2 system.

Motor has arrived, just need to work out a way to mount it. Will probably be via ABS sheeting/heavy foam.

Pics:

20121025_021350.jpg

20121025_021411.jpg

Photoon2012-10-25at02094.jpg

Photoon2012-10-25at02093.jpg

Photoon2012-10-25at02092.jpg

Rig will be sprayed up with krylon when complete to make it slightly less 'new looking'.

Sorry for late update, currently stuck on phone Internet as BT screwed our connection.

Bought an a&k box mag for the hopper, but discovered this runs off a glorified high cap too by the looks of it. So the plan is now likely going to be to put another high cap spring in there with the other one in the hope that'll be strong enough. This is a major weak point so I'd welcome any ideas to be honest!

Sling mk2 bits arrived, as did a certain key part of the setup... Ie, the big effing gun. Sling tales the 12kg of weight well but will need to pad the pack to prevent digging.

IMG_3144_zpsd70e1b05.jpg

Will update as and when I can with progress.

Instead of relying on the spring tention to feed it with the motor to just keep it winding how about remove the spring and attach the wheel to the motor so it just constantly turns, surly that will work providing the motor can take the strain? A motor from a dishwasher spinning arm thing should be strong enough

the problem with a direct drive would be that if you stopped firing the motor would burn itself out trying to force more rounds into the already full feed tube, or break the teeth off the feed wheel...

unless you could include the ratchet mech from the hi-cap?

the other option would be a 'booster' motor / spring / resevoir midway along the ammo chain...

the problem with a direct drive would be that if you stopped firing the motor would burn itself out trying to force more rounds into the already full feed tube, or break the teeth off the feed wheel...

unless you could include the ratchet mech from the hi-cap?

the other option would be a 'booster' motor / spring / resevoir midway along the ammo chain...

I had thought about that but that would look goofy on the side of a huge belt of ammo. As long as the motor only turns when the trigger is pulled it won't matter and then all he needs is a button to make it feed to pre load the bbs

Why he need preload the tube? An aeg is fuctioning in dryfire mode so just pull the tigger until the bb-s are fill the tube... Just have to sincronise the speed of fireing and reload mechanism. And something electrical connection between the gun and the backpack... The Piperprecision made something very similar to their m134 but I dont know how they fed it.

Archived