Home made SR47 receiver. Possible?

chas

Might these offer a much more simple sollution given how you'd be okay with making mags?: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Magazines_King_Arms_AEG_King_Arms_100rds_AK_Style_Magazine_for_Marui_M4_16_Series_5pcs_Box_Set.htm

Not sure if or how you'd convert them to hicaps though...

Thanks, I already know these, but the look like *suitcase*. The whole point of this project is to replicate the SR47, not merely use use AK mags in an M4. Thanks anyway (and thanks to everyone who's participating).

Pimpmygun mock-up with an SR25

myweapon1.jpg

Thanks, Evansy!

Which brings me to a doubt Ive been harboring for some time: the SR25 receivers that are sold separately, do they work with a regular M4 hop up? Im guessing people dont buy the long gearbox for them, just a longer nozzle, right?

The A&K SR-25 I had used a standard M4 hop unit with a long gearbox. You can get the long gearbox on ehobby asia but I think it would be easier/cheaper to buy an SR-25 as a base gun. rsov have JG ones in stock.

With the mags have you considered using the Magpul Masada AKM mags? They feed closer to the front of the mag compared to standard AK mags so they may work better with M4 style hop units.

I want to use standard metal AK banana mags.

If I go ahead with this project (A&K PKM, Dboys Scar H and ACM SA58 OSW are first in line), Ill go with an A&K or JG standard SR25: change or thread the outer barrel, cut down the RIS, sell silencer, get Element gas block, stock tube, front sight for RIS and classic style M4 stock.

Archived