Tokyo Marui GBB Mp7! Here WE COME!

hawaiianjuggernaut

Recently saw that it was available for preorder on redwolf airsoft. I already have the KWA version, but i have $350 sitting around, and am seriously considering getting the Marui one. ;)

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_Tokyo_Marui_Pre_order_Tokyo_Marui_MP7A1_GBB_Pre_order.html

Would love to see a review when it comes out :)

I also wonder what the internal schematics would look like and how long it would take before upgrade parts come out.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the exception being that the TM will most likely require 134a to run reliably, as all TM guns. KWA, KJW WE, Umarex, what have you, majority runs on Green. I don't think the general airsoft population outside of Japan are ready to handle a GBB SMG that wants to eat nothing but 134a, the general [lack of] knowledge of this and the lack of avaliability of 134a will be a deadly recipe.

I predict we will see alot of blown up TM MP7s soon.

Just putting that out there. I do hope it lives on forever on Green, but I doubt it!

Semi-troll post just for the hell of it.

£50 a mag sounds very high.

At WGC XDM-40 mags are $38 and the MP7 mags are $42 (no indication of a pre-order discount that I can see).

In the UK an XDM-40 mag is £26, I'd think £35 might be a more realistic price for the MP7 mags once they're released and demand settles a little, I wouldn't rush into buying loads of mags straight away if I were to get one incases prices did drop a bit.

NonEx, this isn't 1998 anymore, TMs don't come in cheap plastic fail form :P

Plus what about Ultra gas, a nice half way house as it were and it can be picked up quite easily. As for running it on Green, wait until someone releases stronger parts for it, as usual.

'FireKnife'

On top of the 134a debate, i do not think there are any aftermarket upgrade parts for the marui ones. I highly doubt they will be compatible with kwa/ksc parts at all.

Even more, its maruis first gbb rifle/smg if i am not mistaken. So this might be a huge success or an epic fail gun.

With the exception being that the TM will most likely require 134a to run reliably, as all TM guns.

Well, like FireKnife says, most TMs will run in propane in English (and, in FireKnife's case, Arctic) weather quite happily without serious malfunction. If the MP7 doesn't at launch, I won't be buying one until it does; propane is bad enough for the environment without me having to start buying exotic HCFCs (plus, buying extra types of gas that can't be readily bought in bulk is a pain in the *albartroth*). That said, complaints about incompatibility with KSC/KWA-pattern guns are silly - the sheer volume of Marui sales always generates a huge aftermarket, so within a few months everything the propane shooter need will be available from somebody.

On top of the 134a debate, i do not think there are any aftermarket upgrade parts for the marui ones. I highly doubt they will be compatible with kwa/ksc parts at all.

Of course aftermarket upgrade parts haven't been made available yet, neither has the base gun!

Incidentally, I misread the topic title as 'Here WE COME!' (as in, here come the clones) as opposed to 'Here WE COME!'.

I was about to ask how WE had managed to clone a gun that wasn't released yet, but then I concluded that they were using a time machine - probably the same one they use to travel back to the Bronze Age to get the 'metal' they make their parts out of.

While this is the first SMG that TM have done in GBB they also have the Glock 18c and Hi-Capa Xtreme, so it isn't like they know how full auto works. :P

But yes really this is a momentous occasion, the best skirmishing GBB maker making a SMG that many want, it was good when KWA did it, if TM does it as well as they have done their newest line of pistols we are all in for a treat.

'FireKnife'

NonEx, this isn't 1998 anymore, TMs don't come in cheap plastic fail form :P

Plus what about Ultra gas, a nice half way house as it were and it can be picked up quite easily. As for running it on Green, wait until someone releases stronger parts for it, as usual.

'FireKnife'

You are right, it isn't 1998, but TM pistols are still designed for 134a use exclusively. And yes, TM's do come in "plastic form" (paraphrapsing), which has been proven time and time again to NOT be suitable for Green Gas/Propane, sure, lower temps it may very well work. But all I am saying is there are very few whom understand the risks and the consequences of running on Green/Propane and even fewer who know what to do to counteract those problems. I'm talking about cracked slides, blow off slides, cracked or broken nozzles, etc.

We shall see.

And I do think and hope there will be upgrades avaliable to make them last, but those things usually don't come out until someone has pinpointed exactly what is going to break. :)

So, have fun guinea pigs!

Archived