Tokyo Marui GBB Mp7! Here WE COME!

hawaiianjuggernaut

With the last few gbb releases from tm having reliability issues when people try stronger gasses than 134 a it will definatly be interesting to see if these have issues . I often wonder how much people actually save if you take into account repairs and upgrades to enable the use of propane etc ..

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually often it is not so much a case of what does break, but a third party maker will get one and think what to improve, whether it breaks or not is irrelevant as they will just go at it and know they can sell the parts.

TM pistols may be designed for 134a, but combine gasses like Ultra and British weather and you are getting just above the same results, well within the threshold that TM have set this gun to work in.

As for those that put Propane into TM guns and hope for the best these are the same people that think WE pistols are made of Jesus tears and that there is nothing wrong with throwing a heavy BFG over arm.

And to add to the idea of ginuea pigs, what about those that bought the 1911A1 when it first came out or the PX4 and have had them run on Green happily in summer, chugging along like a good 'un? They do release guns that just work sometimes and considering the time they spend on them I am not suprised. So we might have another 1911A1 on our hands, looks good, fires accurately and never seems to break unless you throw it around.

'FireKnife'

What I am trying to get at is that people who run KWA/KSC/WE/KJW/HK3 etc. pistols and SMGs today, will be like "Holy *suitcase* TM, ze king of GBBs releasing SMG, must replace my X". They get the TM, think they can run it as they normally would like the other guns and then.BOOM. Or people who have nothing and are like "Uuuh yezz, TM MP7, must be the best". It may very well be, under the right circumstances and under the right usage.

Anyway, enough about this, time will tell.

What I am trying to get at is that people who run KWA/KSC/WE/KJW/HK3 etc. pistols and SMGs today, will be like "Holy *suitcase* TM, ze king of GBBs releasing SMG, must replace my X". They get the TM, think they can run it as they normally would like the other guns and then.BOOM. Or people who have nothing and are like "Uuuh yezz, TM MP7, must be the best". It may very well be, under the right circumstances and under the right usage.

Anyway, enough about this, time will tell.

Will definitely be interesting to see how it holds up over time!

While this is the first SMG that TM have done in GBB they also have the Glock 18c and Hi-Capa Xtreme, so it isn't like they know how full auto works. :P

Not the first, they did do an MP5A5 and Walther MPL GBB but this is the first for a very long time with newer internal designs.

I hope not, we have enough *fruitcage*-ing M4's, why not something decent, perhaps another SMG? :P

MP5 plox. I reckon if TM do produce a line of new GBB SMGs/rifles they'll do ones which are impractical to make as recoil AEGs and as I've said before there is virtually no room in an AEG MP5 for any kind of recoil mech, maybe we'll see a GBB UZI at some point in the future as well? A man can hope...

Not the first, they did do an MP5A5 and Walther MPL GBB but this is the first for a very long time with newer internal designs.

MP5 plox. I reckon if TM do produce a line of new GBB SMGs/rifles they'll do ones which are impractical to make as recoil AEGs and as I've said before there is virtually no room in an AEG MP5 for any kind of recoil mech, maybe we'll see a GBB UZI at some point in the future as well? A man can hope...

As mentioned before those are not counted as they are, as you so rightly put, old designs that share little, if anything, in common. :P

Yes, A MP5 would have me going mad. Would love to see other SMGs in GBB TM form.

'FireKnife'

If TM makes a GB MP5 or UMP, I will quite happily bake their CEO a cake and deliver it by hand.

Frig it, I would go to Japan to hug him,

If he paid for the plane ticket,

Or gave me one,

:P

But damn it, want a TM GBB MP7, too bad it wont work up here <_<

'FireKnife'

Just watched some video of this at a show and if the girl demonstrating wasn't acting then that is some impressive recoil..... on 134a. Obviously this is pure speculation on my part but I would be a little bit worried about this thing's durability on green gas in the warmer months.

The fact that the 1911/Hicapa can survive green gas stock would appear to be by luck rather than by design. As has been said many times TM only really cares about the Japanese market.

The latest designs haven't lent themselves quite as well to the higher pressures so much (5-7 and XDm primarily it seems) , which would tend to imply that the trend will continue and this release also won't like it. It might be perfectly fine though, nobody can possibly comment with even the smallest amount authority at this juncture however.

The absolute certainty is that however robust it may be (or not, we shall see), the after market parts will be there within a fairly short time frame. I'd wager that if you run it on propane for the odd mag of garden plinking and a skirmish every couple of weeks you won't even have broken the thing by the time the necessary upgrade parts hit the market.

Just watched some video of this at a show and if the girl demonstrating wasn't acting then that is some impressive recoil..... on 134a. Obviously this is pure speculation on my part but I would be a little bit worried about this thing's durability on green gas in the warmer months.

The fact that the 1911/Hicapa can survive green gas stock would appear to be by luck rather than by design. As has been said many times TM only really cares about the Japanese market.

Does anyone know of a link to these videos? Would be interested to see the recoil...

The latest designs haven't lent themselves quite as well to the higher pressures so much (5-7 and XDm primarily it seems) , which would tend to imply that the trend will continue and this release also won't like it. It might be perfectly fine though, nobody can possibly comment with even the smallest amount authority at this juncture however.

That was due to the guns real world design being so thin and in order to put anything decent in it to give a good blowback system they had to sacrifice the usual supports that the other models had which could allow them to run on Green. Take a look at the PX4, fat little pistol which could have metal inserts and supports put in, which is why it drives nails on Green.

So in that vein it would be easy to see how this could be a monster on Green as once you take up the required space with the blowback action it will have a fair bit left that can be used for buffers, supports and the like. At least I hope so, as given a recoil like that might be safer to start buying cans of Ultra and running it hard on that.

'FireKnife'

Gonna be interesting to see which of the new gbb guns grabs the crown the mp7 or the kriss vector?

Price wise for guns and mags they are very similar ,

Tm has its hop versus Kwa with its ns3 gas system and new hop unit

Kwa will have more gas options open to it

Tm will only be 134 gas friendly

Gonna sit on the fence and watch it unfold !!

Really dont know why people keep saying 'TM only 134a friendly' Its totally untrue (in my experiance anyway). Ive never used anything BUT Propane in all my TM weapons with zero issues.

Infact the more recent TM pistols such as the PX4 was actually designed with Propane in mind.

The MP7 will run Propane.

Really... Do you have a source for the PX4 being designed for Propane ?

TM website:

tm_px_gas.png

Same for XDM, and MP7.

TM is in Japan, develops for Japanese market, propane and green gas are, last I heard, about as hard to come by as TM 134a gas is outside of Japan (or harder).

it's just not true I'm afraid.

Are there climates and circumstanses in which TMs will work and function on Green and Propane, but of course. Are they more prone to breaking if you do, yes but of course.

Also as people have mentioned TM has increased the cylinder sizes on the later models for harder blow back on 134a, what that translates into is a more volatile and destructive action when used on Green and Propane.

What I am trying to get at is that I don't like it when people are saying "TMs are designed to run on Green/Propane" "TMs work fine on Green/Propane", it is not true, and you should not be spreading false information and decieving people into making a, what they think is, an informed decision about what propellants to use in their TM guns, when that decision is based on false information.

I am all for people running their TMs on green and propane, if they know all the facts and understand the risks and issues it may, and most likely, will result in, depending on what climate they are in.

I myself have also run all my TMs on green, despite knowing that I am not "suposed" to, but I am aware of that fact and ready and willing to face the consequences of it. Luckily I have not had any major problems, but then again I don't shoot my guns all that much.

Archived