Hi Guys

Just a quick review on my experience with Mike Cripps from Elite Shooting Centre.

First of all Elite Shooting Centre is a unique airsoft web shop, in that It mainly caters for people building or upgrading Tokyo Marui 1911/meu/2011 gas blow back pistols, It has a simple web site that is easy to navagate with loads of spare & upgrade parts for the formentioned gas blowback guns. Mike also has a huge collaction of custom 1911s built by himself (a former ISPC master and amazing gun smith) and a load of stock 1911 type pistols from tokyo marui. Mike also sets up shooting comps and training sessions but unfortionaty I never got to avail of this service due to my geographic location (I live in Ireland).

I have purchased two custom guns from mike both hurricane custom covert 2 kitted tokyo marui meus, both shoot and look amazing, I have also bought stock meus and many nova slide and frame kits (the only place outside japan that these kits can be optained) as well as a load of spare and upgrade parts. But besides from the great uniqueness of this type of Airsoft gunsmithing web shop Mike has also become a master of customer service. I have heard one or two stories about mike becoming frustrated with customers but this was a long time ago and these thing can happin especially in a sport like airsoft (answering nooby question on a daily basis can take its toll IMO). Anyway I asked about a million question before I even made a purchase and was given polite clear and goldin advice about my new hobby. I have recommended friends and family to use Mike services and have done so with great success. Mike Cripps is IMO the best around at what he does and is invaluble to the 1911 Airsoft gunsmiths Community. Thanks Mike for doing a great job :)

May as well chuck my bit in here:

In the 10 times I have dealt with Mike at ESC I have never ever had an issue at all (well an issue due to RM, but that is RM). Ordered all sorts of stuff, from pistols to holsters, glasses and ammo and never once had an issue with the good service or the odd requests I asked for.

'FireKnife'

I paid a princely sum for a Kimber TEII all built and done and suchwhat.

Came out the box with the predictable, almost standard TM 1911 'Double trigger' issue. Had to fix that myself. On top of that, I didn't receive any of the original stock parts, despite a friend of mine receiving all the stock parts and a finely tuned trigger on his. Not a huge fan of his customer manner at times either.

Not saying Mike is a bad guy or anything, but he's not always the friendliest bloke and he's not perfect. Probably still the best place to buy a kitted TM 19/2011 from in the UK, but based on the above experience with him I haven't made an order since then. Like I said, this isn't me having a big whinge or anything, but he does have his faults.

The way I see it, if you don't have the skill, patience and knowledge (like myself) to put a 1911 together, Mike is probably your only realistic commercial solution.

As Hwagan states, he ain't perfect, but it works straight out of the box (3 custom jobs for so far).

Edited by bladerunner168