VSR-10 - Clone or Marui?

harborne blue

I'm going to do something that I said I wouldn't do and get another boltie. I'm lucky in that I could stretch to a Marui or buy the Well clone plus some ACM steel upgrade bits.

Simple question is which is the best option: is the Well VSR worth £100 or should I get the Marui. Also what are the ACM steel / upgrade bits like?

http://www.acmgear.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=vsr-10&x=24&y=6

Tnx in advance sniper guys!

Thanks - the gun will be getting new sears, hop and spring / piston / guide so that it will hit 500 and be consistently accurate. The Well looks good at $80 + shipping + duty especially when it comes with a reasonable scope and bipod.

I just can't believe that I'm buying another VSR... Only sold the last one in the Summer!

If there's one thing I learnt about Airsoft in these few months is that you can never stop buying!!

Well the main lure of the Marui is the hop, but if you're replacing that you'd be better off saving the difference in price over the clone for your upgrades. Sure the externals may be better on the Marui -- but that's not what you're about is it? :)

A sniper rifle is only as good as its hop unit , you can put as much power in to it as you want , but it will all be a waste of time if its got a rubbish hop and can't hit anything accurately , my vote goes to the marui version , even standard at 290/ 300 fps it will outrange guns with more power !

• 3 weeks later...

I own a Marui G-spec and my friend owned a JG Bar-10. I gutted most of my rifle with laylax aftermarket parts (all of the cylinder train and the barrel), Dangerwerx solid hop up arm, PDI W-hold bucking. He did nearly the same, except with all PDI parts. I don't know if he got a lemon, tolerances were just a little off, or poor installation but his rifle didn't quite work right. Some of his shots were off and the BBs would hook or curve depending. I also disassembled his rifle and reassembled it and it still didn't work quite right. Another big issue with his clone were the externals. After a few games and a little abuse, the stock broke at near the hand grip. He tripped during a game and kinda fell on his rifle. The rifle was split in 2 and his outer barrel was a little bent. Fortunately none of his internals were damaged because of the upgrades. While most of the stuff was more or less repairable, the rifles still have some issues. I guess the moral of the story is be very cautious if you buy a clone. Sometimes you get an ok rifle, but sometimes things can go terribly wrong...

I have done about 20 diff vsr clones incl tm and if you dont have the money for the tm one, go for the JG.

They are wery close to the tm, quality and tolerances and at 500 fps then most std things accept trigger and piston will be fine.

JG hop housing is also wery good, the Well is not even close to go up there with those two.

The well / warrior triggers are pretty weak compared to the marui . From experience they are prone to breaking/ cracking and even with the sears upgraded tend to still break when you up the power on them , also the standard bolts break and scour to easily for my liking . I know they are cheaper than the marui but it really does show in the long term , so to me the initial savings on the purchase price will soon be munched up in upgrade parts / repairs , so its a bit of a false economy to buy the well/ warrior versions , better to source a second hand tm and upgrade it !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived