Special Airsoft Supplies - trustworthy?

Maybe - two of them said that they consider GHK to make bad stuff so they don't want to sell it as they need to offer a warranty and don't want to on GBBs they know will break easily.

That makes sense I suppose. Although, I have read in reviews that GHK have really upped their game on their new GBBs. I guess like G&G did with their new stuff (AEGs)

It's no biggie - I'm not on UKARA until mid December anyway so then I will order from HK and follow the advice given in the VCRA forum on how to ease the customs process along.

Where there's a will!

Thanks.

Maybe - two of them said that they consider GHK to make bad stuff so they don't want to sell it as they need to offer a warranty and don't want to on GBBs they know will break easily.

That makes sense I suppose. Although, I have read in reviews that GHK have really upped their game on their new GBBs. I guess like G&G did with their new stuff (AEGs)

It's no biggie - I'm not on UKARA until mid December anyway so then I will order from HK and follow the advice given in the VCRA forum on how to ease the customs process along.

Where there's a will!

Thanks.

First off, a lot of UK retailers don't like to sell GBBR's, for a couple of reasons. Firstly, they're obliged to offer a warranty. This is extremely bad for them, because every 18 year old kid who's been airsofting just long enough to get UKARA'd ends up buying a GBBR, ignoring all the information on proper maintenance and sending it back for a refund citing 'Product not fit for purpose' within a few days - In actual fact, the product is entirely fit for purpose, usually it's the customer who isn't :P As a result, stocking GBBR's can lead to big losses for retailers as fighting a trading standards claim is often just not worth the hassle. As a result, UK retailers don't generally tend to stock them. About all you can find in the UK is WE GBBR's or the new G&G ones, which is an awful shame really. GHK certainly don't make bad guns - My PDW was extremely well made, and the newer AK's are getting solid reviews. There's also plenty of spares available for them, so don't worry too much about that.

Secondly, it really isn't risky ordering from HK as long as you've got the suitable credentials. Once you've got a UKARA number, I'd recommend ordering from WGC myself - I've found them to be the best of all the HK retailers, and their customer service is exceptional. I've had 3 gas guns come in from HK, none of which had a problem as my UKARA number was plastered clearly on the box. You'll want to expect the package to get from HK to the UK in about 2-3 days depending on shipping, and then I've found it spends on average between 5-10 days in Customs. WGC give you the option to mark the invoice down to X amount of the total value - I usually go with 70%, as it saves on the inevitable charges. However, bear in mind if the gun is damaged in postage it'll only be insured for 70% of the value. Saying that, the way WGC package guns is extremely good - Tons of foam/bubble wrap, they really do take care of your stuff.

Remember that once you've paid for the gun and shipping, you're looking at another 20% or so (On average) of the order value in Customs fee's and the parcel force ransom/clearance fee. Plenty of people on these boards have ordered GBBR's from HK, as there aren't really any other options! I'm yet to read about customs seizing a GBBR either, so as long as you've got the UKARA number you'll be absolutely fine :) It does seem like a bit of a big step the first time you do it, and I was a tad worried myself, but my worries have all been completely dis-spelled after a few successful orders.

And once you get to a Skirmish site, rack the bolt before a game and get the 'WHAT THE *fruitcage* *suitcase* IS THAT AWESOME PIECE OF GODMACHINE MAKING THAT AMAZING NOISE!?' It'll all be worth it :)

I second Hwagans' point about ordering from Hong Kong - there is no need to fear it.

After about 9 orders from Redwolf, 28 from Ehobby Asia and 36 from WGC, all three have never given me problems (other than maybe a lack of comms on a few occasions).

Yes, it's good to support the UK Airsoft industry but sometimes, the stuff you want is not and will not be available in the UK.

First off, a lot of UK retailers don't like to sell GBBR's, for a couple of reasons. Firstly, they're obliged to offer a warranty. This is extremely bad for them, because every 18 year old kid who's been airsofting just long enough to get UKARA'd ends up buying a GBBR, ignoring all the information on proper maintenance and sending it back for a refund citing 'Product not fit for purpose' within a few days - In actual fact, the product is entirely fit for purpose, usually it's the customer who isn't :P As a result, stocking GBBR's can lead to big losses for retailers as fighting a trading standards claim is often just not worth the hassle. As a result, UK retailers don't generally tend to stock them. About all you can find in the UK is WE GBBR's or the new G&G ones, which is an awful shame really. GHK certainly don't make bad guns - My PDW was extremely well made, and the newer AK's are getting solid reviews. There's also plenty of spares available for them, so don't worry too much about that.

Secondly, it really isn't risky ordering from HK as long as you've got the suitable credentials. Once you've got a UKARA number, I'd recommend ordering from WGC myself - I've found them to be the best of all the HK retailers, and their customer service is exceptional. I've had 3 gas guns come in from HK, none of which had a problem as my UKARA number was plastered clearly on the box. You'll want to expect the package to get from HK to the UK in about 2-3 days depending on shipping, and then I've found it spends on average between 5-10 days in Customs. WGC give you the option to mark the invoice down to X amount of the total value - I usually go with 70%, as it saves on the inevitable charges. However, bear in mind if the gun is damaged in postage it'll only be insured for 70% of the value. Saying that, the way WGC package guns is extremely good - Tons of foam/bubble wrap, they really do take care of your stuff.

Remember that once you've paid for the gun and shipping, you're looking at another 20% or so (On average) of the order value in Customs fee's and the parcel force ransom/clearance fee. Plenty of people on these boards have ordered GBBR's from HK, as there aren't really any other options! I'm yet to read about customs seizing a GBBR either, so as long as you've got the UKARA number you'll be absolutely fine :) It does seem like a bit of a big step the first time you do it, and I was a tad worried myself, but my worries have all been completely dis-spelled after a few successful orders.

And once you get to a Skirmish site, rack the bolt before a game and get the 'WHAT THE *fruitcage* *suitcase* IS THAT AWESOME PIECE OF GODMACHINE MAKING THAT AMAZING NOISE!?' It'll all be worth it :)

Superb advice!

Thanks.... Those AKs look so freakin' awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

I order from various HK retailers, normally pistols at least once a month, only ever has minimal problems, leaky mags etc - 2% of my total HK orders I guess??

I like ordering from HK, the range is far better & the cost is even more decent the more you order at a time.

AP.