Vipertech 2012 Colt AR15 series (Mk18 Mod 0)

Couldn't you add material to the arm on the magazine or bolt stop to enable the to contact one another?

I thought about adding jbweld to the bolt stop arm but then it would prematurely stop the bolt on the other mags.  I would do the mod if it weren't for the sluggish full auto.  Of course that could be due to the valve lock spring.  I will try again using one that has the valve lock removed.

L2E, I'm in the same boat. Having tons of pro win and a viper, I'm looking to swap out whatever necessary to get it working. I didn't notice any difference between EB and pro win except the pro win doesn't lock back.

Honestly, I am having a hard time deciding what path to go on this one.  On one hand I have a ton of ProWin's but on the other hand my Viper runs like a beast on GHK C02 mags.  I have 6 C02 mags so maybe I will sell the ProWin's and buy more C02.  Or I use the ProWin's as backup and just have to pay attention to report of the muzzle signaling dry firing.

I definately don't want to add material to the bottom of the bolt catch arm as that would then cause premature locking back on the GHK and EB mags.

Hey L2E, did you bought your viper on this site http://www.bbdragon.com.tw/index.php ?

Yes, bbdragon is a very good store to order from and since I am in USA it is the only place to order since Viper will not sell to USA.  eHobby also sells Viper replicas but they are the 2011 version not the 2012 version.

Did CWI sends trademarks version to Europe/USA ?

To the USA, yes they do... :D

@ finbarqs, I have lock back on empty using G&P PMAGs & Beta Project EMAGs. I have GG GHKs that do not lock back but probably due to weak blow back & magazine follower spring. My GHKs have a lot of miles on them. Prowins sit too high and get stuck when pulling the CH handle back. These are for my Inokatsu anyways but I figured I'd try them out.

I have a 2012 Viper Tech KAC trademarked SR16 SBR. :)

EDIT: Spelling (damn mobile devices)

Edited by rvlyssup

The lower that VIPER tries to replicate is a property marked Colt M16A1 lower that was made between 1968 and 1970. It even replicates the correct serial number range of 5,000,000. During this time, there is documented proof that Colt consistently used one type of hard coat anodization that resulted in a gray finish that we commonly refer to as "XM Gray". The finish on the steel components were also finished with this color - this is what is generally accepted as the "correct" color if the complete weapon was Colt assembled and proof marked from that era. Of course once it is issued, all bets are off.

If I recall correctly, M16A1 lowers used by Crane to make Mk18s were refurbished and repainted in flat black, so in this case the color used by Viper is fine.

Crane logo, black lower:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:US_Navy_070501-N-7029R-035_Gunner%5Ersquo,s_Mate_3rd_Class_Louie_Mitts_shoots_an_M-16_during_a_weapons_exercise_on_board_USS_Pearl_Harbor_%28LSD_52%29.jpg

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:060128-N-4374S-001.jpg

No logo, grey lower:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:US_Navy_070311-N-0120A-048_Engineman_3rd_Class_David_Gomez-Hernandez,_assigned_to_dock_landing_ship_USS_Harpers_Ferry_%28LSD_49%29,_practices_watching_his_shipmates_background_during_a_non-compliant_Visit,_Board,_Search_and_Seizure.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone figured out exactly the problem with viper and pro win? If the bolt catch is the only problem here, can it be fixed by replacing a prime's bolt catch? I don't really have any intention of keeping the EB mag that comes with the rifle, so if changing the catch made it not working with EB or any other mags I'm cool with that.

p.s. My viper M4 came with viper's trade. I was thinking of ordering a set of viper receiver with colt trade from bbdragon.com.tw, but since I bought another ino 11 after the viper, right now I think I want something different, something other than Colt. As far as I'm concern, prime made several variation of receivers for AR15, and I beliebe they are the only manufacturer on par with Ino/Viper. Is it possible that I drop in my Viper 2011 M4 into a Prime receiver?