• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put them away because you never know what a person's reaction to seeing a replica will be. We are responsible enough to keep our guns out of the public eye when we are outdoors so it should be no differant in our own homes. If a guest comes over or a handyman or anyone else things may cause a stir. People, particularily people you don't know have very overactive imaginations. Best to err on the side of caution.

I put them away because you never know what a person's reaction to seeing a replica will be. We are responsible enough to keep our guns out of the public eye when we are outdoors so it should be no differant in our own homes. If a guest comes over or a handyman or anyone else things may cause a stir. People, particularily people you don't know have very overactive imaginations. Best to err on the side of caution.

True but everyone I know Knows that my dad owns a sherman tank. and he owns Many guns (more than anyone here probably has ever seen) so It is know surprise to people to walk into my room and try to find my latest addition. It is almost like a game. cause they know if they find it I will let them shoot it. I am planning on buying a HK 12-24 rifle gun case soon though.( for the real sweet goodies)

You mean they're dumb enough to come up after the first time you kicked em off?  ;)

I have a rope tied around thier armpits, and using my manly pirate arms I pull them back up through the window to ensure that they have learnt thier lesson.

Doesn't work with those bloody Jehova's Witness Missionaries however.

That's when the chainsaw comes into play.

well, as of now, with the guns I have (only 2 spring pistols, and 1 spring rifle*newly painted trademarks :D I'll post a pic when I do the finishing touches, we need a Sig thread lol*) they are stored in their retail boxes on the bottom shelf of my bookcase, with the ammo and goggles*still in their boxes* sitting on top and around. I also have my real BB gun stuff there too, but not my gun. When I get it set back up, I'll take a picture.

My room is currently still in the "little kid" stage, like it has been for a long while (furniture has moved a few times :P ). But, I'm "renovating", so says my mom (I like that idea :D ), so I get to repaint, and possibly get new furniture, except for a bed. I really only have two pieces of furniture, besides the bed, lol. But I want to make (yes, make :) ) a kind of gun case thing, or rack, whatever you want to call it. Just somewhere where I can easily get to them, but they are also out of the way from people stepping on them.

LOL well guys if you would have read any of Me post you would know that my father owns them all. I just say I own them to keep me from typing in this long explination. Here is the Tank pics. and here is my web site. We do WW2 reenacting.

Static: Your case is awesome, wish I had one, or 4 ;)

Krazy L: loving your tank dude! Sweetness itself.

Rainbow5ive: how d'ya like my old avatar? ;) Good job I changed it, huh? easy now dude.

I, errr, don't have room on my walls for all my guns. 7 aegs, 3 shotguns, 19 pistols and a de-act BREN gun take up more room than the carpet :D

how do you get the money for those guns if you are a teenager!!?

Adults don't ask others about money.

how d'ya like my old avatar? wink.gif Good job I changed it, huh? easy now dude.

Actually, I've had this avatar for a while. My FTP host went down for a little while. I used it on ASR for a while, and on here for a while too. According to my computer, it was created on December 26th 2004 and modified into it's current form on February 03, 2004. :)

evil-monkey-proof.jpg

Anyways, I have one of those Wall of Slats in my basement. It looks more professional looking than a pegboard, and the hardware used is pretty similar. I believe that you can pick it up at your local hardware store, probably in the storage

section. The purpose, besides for store displays is for storage in garages and basements. The same purpose as a pegboard, but more expensive.

*edit: evilhippy, i'm not trying to be annoying. I just wanted to point it out. you're one of the forum members that i respect. ;)

Edited by rainbow5ive