PTW clones( DTW A&K etc)

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not going to strip the cylinder and hop yet (later tonight). This is just a quick look at the cylinder, hop and barrel and the externals of the gearbox.   The Cylinder is blue anodised and well

It always amazes me the way people think that because the Systema is $1500 it's actually worth $1500. Do you really think it costs Systema more than a couple of hundred dollars to make? Do you think

ok on with the rest of part 2.   I had a look at the gearbox and electrics today. Some good news and some bad news but to keep you in suspense I'll put the bad news nearer the bottom. No sneak peeki

Posted Images

Well, you can live in hope I guess. It's a bit like Lada getting together with Mahindra Mahindra, and everyone is expecting them to produce something that will beat a Bugatti Veyron, but cost the same as a Ford Focus.....gotta say, wake up!

Edited by Inq Eisenhorn
I think we got a small misunderstanding here. I (and I think you too) play airsoft to have fun. And fun it is, but for me firing an AK at the range beats airsoft in terms of having fun. So if I was to choose between fun (Systema PTW) and even more fun (real steel AK) I would choose more fun :). Systema PTW is a great piece of gear. The feeling, the trigger response, the bolt stop feature-that is all great, but a bit too expensive for my taste.

For some people, going down to the range isn't an option, so spending money on a real steel AK is pretty meaningless. PTW's are what they are, sure I could spend money on a WELL MP5, hell, I could run around my local field with a McDonalds straw, anyone can spend less on their hobby. IMHO, if that's your attitude maybe the hobby isn't for you. If you find more fun in other things, just do those other things.

For some people, going down to the range isn't an option, so spending money on a real steel AK is pretty meaningless. PTW's are what they are, sure I could spend money on a WELL MP5, hell, I could run around my local field with a McDonalds straw, anyone can spend less on their hobby. IMHO, if that's your attitude maybe the hobby isn't for you. If you find more fun in other things, just do those other things.

Or have more than one hobby? Personally I fall into having all but one serious hobby at the moment, and that being airsoft. I wish I had more things to take up my time. Rather than roaming the forums and tinkering with my gear. But I don't lol

The problem is not just that the price-to-quality ratio is horrible, they're actually quite *suitcase* out of box. Faulty motors, horrible shimjob, botched hopup, breaking receiver etc.

There's people here who pay(paid) 1500-2000£ or more for AEG's too. There's people who will throw any kind of money at something if they think it's good, even though you can only throw so much money at parts before it's just pure extra.

When people pay that much for the product, they pay for the skill put into it, not the parts themselves.

Considering the bad QA on PTW's, you can't really justify the price that way.

It always amazes me the way people think that because the Systema is $1500 it's actually worth $1500. Do you really think it costs Systema more than a couple of hundred dollars to make?

Do you think there is much difference between a TM SOPMOD and the ARMY SOPMOD? Is the TM somehow made of fairy dust because it's $350 more expensive? If you buy a TM version you will probably stick in a stronger spring but the ARMY version comes with that installed already so it's actually more skirmishable than the TM out the box.

The DTW is available from Asia without all the added CTW parts as this is a venture between Celcius and D&G but D&G are still selling the DTW as they are now. The Celcius/D&G venture is another option for people to buy a DTW with a few CTW parts which costs a bit more but offers piece of mind in the fact that you will be getting some spare parts from a TW platform that is horribly flawed.

I've always said buy a PTW if you can afford it, buy a DTW if you can't but want a similar performace and buy a CTW if you want it to spend most of it's time in the shop getting fixed.

And since this is a review if you haven't owned or spent a considerable amount of time using a DTW then keep your comments to yourself as the idea behind the review is for people who have experience, god or bad, to put their comments on here to allow genuine interested parties to make a decision about buying a DTW.

• Like 5

Got some more questions regarding this platform. Anyone checked if Vanaras outer barrel fit? What with Vanaras magazines? In the review the mix of Systema shell and Vanaras inner worked, but maybe someone can confirm if the complete Vanaras mag fit nad feed. And last, but not least, what spring you guys estimate will be the strongest you can put in DTW? I was thinking to use it as both the assault and DMR, since you just have to switch cylinders to adjust the gun power, and that can be done on the fly on the field.

And since this is a review if you haven't owned or spent a considerable amount of time using a DTW then keep your comments to yourself as the idea behind the review is for people who have experience, god or bad, to put their comments on here to allow genuine interested parties to make a decision about buying a DTW.

I think you'll find that, aside from the OP, the majority of comments since have been made by people who have neither owned, or in some cases, plan to own the reviewed product. So unless you've spawned Moderator status, I would suggest winding in ones neck, rather than trying to dictate the placement of opinion.

That said, in spite of your tone, I do agree (even though I've been an offending party), it would be nice to read a review thread that was filled with relevant fact and owner experience.

I've picked up the CQB version from RSOV, and so far just plinking not seen any problems, apart from the DTW mag being tight in the magwell.

I also purchased some PTS PMags and found when loaded, the bolt catch gets engaged. I've tried tightening the grub screw on the bottom of the mag (which resulted in making it easier to seat in the magwell), but it bolt catch still engages.

Any ideas?