PTW clones( DTW A&K etc)

Do you think there is much difference between a TM SOPMOD and the ARMY SOPMOD? Is the TM somehow made of fairy dust because it's $350 more expensive? If you buy a TM version you will probably stick in a stronger spring but the ARMY version comes with that installed already so it's actually more skirmishable than the TM out the box.

Just to say, but who cares about FPS when buying a TM?

You sound like a noob. :D

The range and accuracy of the TM Sopmod OTB is something to be reckoned with. I compared the ARMY version myself and for 60fps more, it surely did not show in the tests.

It was almost on par in range, but it's accuracy was simply poor.

So yes TM's magical pixie dust does the trick. :D 

I tested the CTW this weekend and I must say I was mighty impressed by it. It shot like a PTW but with a very good hop up unit OTB.

Don't know how long it will stay in one piece though.

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not going to strip the cylinder and hop yet (later tonight). This is just a quick look at the cylinder, hop and barrel and the externals of the gearbox.   The Cylinder is blue anodised and well

It always amazes me the way people think that because the Systema is $1500 it's actually worth $1500. Do you really think it costs Systema more than a couple of hundred dollars to make? Do you think

ok on with the rest of part 2.   I had a look at the gearbox and electrics today. Some good news and some bad news but to keep you in suspense I'll put the bad news nearer the bottom. No sneak peeki

Posted Images

TM is respected because they have good QA. It goes a bit deeper than just comparing two products.

Agreed! I'll probably burn for this, but IMHO, I'm tired of these companies springing up that want a market share but don't seem to want to invest in earning it. The DTW makers may fall into this category. When I was new to airsoft it was all about bang for buck, getting the nicest looking rifle for the least amount of money. Now, I see things different, I'm willing to pay (a lot) extra if my rifle stays in the game for a long long time. I want a gun which will perform every time I take it off the rack....all of these clones, and "johnny come lately's" don't seem to be able to do that.....at least not consistently.

The other point, in the UK, most sites demand you shoot around 350fps....I hate the guessing game of buying these cheap guns, only to have to spend more money to downgrade them....it means I have a gun that can't be used straight out of the box. I love that TM guns come in around 280-300fps...it means I can use them straight away and worry about upgrading later (if I even bother).

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

i use the vanaras magazine in my DTW. they are (*beep*) tight but feed perfectly. (the pmag-like clones in polymer)Ranger plates on these wont fit without modding them. but thats for another topic. I also use the P-mag with vanaras insides. these are looser but dont always feed perfectly.

for the peeps who want to know the range: the DTW hop up nub is ! i did the hop mod and it still isnt working the way i want it to be. just get youreself an aftermarket hop up chamber and P-barrel and all youre hop up problems are fixed!

When you do so, the range is similar to the ptw. tested this last weekend with similar fps. (350)

the thing is, if anything breaks in the DTW im planning to change it with original ptw parts. It will cost me a lot more than the CTW/ DTW spare parts but the quality of PTW parts is just better. And if you know the DTW is 5times cheaper thats a cost im willing to make. IF anything will break :rolleyes:  So far so good after a couple of 1000nd rounds.

Well I've been running my DTW for a couple of games now and I've been fairly impressed with it, 
My vanaras mags don't fit it but my systema ones do so all is well.
QC wise, other than a somewhat loose mag catch (simple to tighten) ive had no issues yet.

As for its hop, my one isn't having any issues. It's perfectly happy with throwing 0.28s out to 55m consistently.

In comparison with my PTW, its not as crisp a response but is roughyl equal power (DTW is 314 with 0.2 whilst PTW is 322 with 0.2) both have roughly equal range

For the price I payed, I can't fault it 

Keep up with the Updates....

How long have you had the gun now. Is it still running well.

Anyone using 11.1v Lipo in theirs?

Whats the Hop-Up like? (The Tread opinion looks like it isn't great)

Mag and feeding issues? (Does the Bolt Lock 100%)

How is the Magpul PTS Pmags holding up with the DTW?

Saw that http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog/G-D-M4-RIS-DTW-DOA_CH_1113.html#.UUcFnqXNCcg G&D DTW RIS £314.99

Good Price...

I would not use it with anything less than 11.1v 

I lightly sanded the inside of the magwell and that made it so that any mags fit fine 

PTS mags do work but only once they are worn in a bit (a lot) , but that is because the PTS mags are until they are worn in . our guys have had issues with them in PTWs and DTWs 

Hello all,

I have an RIS Mk18 version, came with vertical grip, RIS covers, and a barrel extension piece. I use a hobbyking 1200mAh 11,1v 3 piece battery in mine, separated in two. Trigger response and rate of fire is not bad, but could be better. Battery fits fine in the crane stock. The stock is a bit modified on mine - the back plate comes off in one piece.

FPS is around 365. Modified the hopup with pulling a nub from a normal aeg hopup rubber package on the original roller packing and fixed the "roller" piece with superglue. Now I cannot set the hopup fully off, but it has a great flat trajectory with .25s and .28s. Thats fine for me.

I have made a video review of mine:

I have an in-game video too:

I have 3 emags from pts. Yes, they easily engage the bolt catch and shut down the gun. I think a small piece pretension thingy underneath the bolt catch spring could solve our problems though not yet tried.

I am satisfied with the current performance (6000 to 8000 rounds fired so far including dryfiring) and still works. I am about to open up the gearbox to see the wear.

Edited by stefanitsr
  • Like 1

Seen the Video's Awesome.

Keep updating us all !  :D 

Could you do a review on range and accuracy with 0.20, 0.23, 0.25

Hello all,

I have an RIS Mk18 version, came with vertical grip, RIS covers, and a barrel extension piece. I use a hobbyking 1200mAh 11,1v 3 piece battery in mine, separated in two. Trigger response and rate of fire is not bad, but could be better. Battery fits fine in the crane stock. The stock is a bit modified on mine - the back plate comes off in one piece.

FPS is around 365. Modified the hopup with pulling a nub from a normal aeg hopup rubber package on the original roller packing and fixed the "roller" piece with superglue. Now I cannot set the hopup fully off, but it has a great flat trajectory with .25s and .28s. Thats fine for me.

I have made a video review of mine:

I have an in-game video too:

I have 3 emags from pts. Yes, they easily engage the bolt catch and shut down the gun. I think a small piece pretension thingy underneath the bolt catch spring could solve our problems though not yet tried.

I am satisfied with the current performance (6000 to 8000 rounds fired so far including dryfiring) and still works. I am about to open up the gearbox to see the wear.

Also watched the video, really well put together!!!

You don't recommend the rifles though, which is also interesting. If I did buy one and did all of the work needed to get it running, roughly, what would you suggest would be the final price? Obviously the original low price is just for entry, how about actually playing :)

I would not use it with anything less than 11.1v 

I lightly sanded the inside of the magwell and that made it so that any mags fit fine 

PTS mags do work but only once they are worn in a bit (a lot) , but that is because the PTS mags are ###### until they are worn in . our guys have had issues with them in PTWs and DTWs 

Ok Same as a PTW 11.1v Only...

My PTS Pmags are fine in my PTW no need for modding and the Bolt stop function works...  :busted_blue: 

Sorry if its been said before.

Got a PTW.

Whats Compatible with PTW and DTW.

Quick List...

I know it can: Use Mags, Cylinder from the PTW ETC... Anything else?

I know it can't use: Upper or Lower; i.e Upper DTW Lower PTW vice versa due to pin holes to close. Mixing the 2 together?

What about the Hop-up and barrel. Can you use a PTW in a DTW and a DTW in a PTW? ETC? without modding?

Gear Box, ECU Compatible: I remember someone says you can get spare for DTW parts but it need to be the same brand?, Or can you complete replace it with PTW parts in stead?

Motor: Compatible? PTW DTW?

The idea is to have this as a spare if my PTW brakes down in a game. Use the Same Mags and Battery's. Don't want to pay more.

DTW @ £300 at some UK retailers is a great price for a TW platform. 

I know its not going to be as a great finish as a PTW, But for the money?

Comments on the forums say that this is a better TW then Celsius CTW which is like £800 MX3 (Don't quote me) but that quite high i think. another £200-300 for a PTW Challenge kit...  :unsure: 

Keep up with the Updates! Cheers :D

Also watched the video, really well put together!!!

You don't recommend the rifles though, which is also interesting. If I did buy one and did all of the work needed to get it running, roughly, what would you suggest would be the final price? Obviously the original low price is just for entry, how about actually playing :)

I fact I did not buy anything for it other than battery, mags and BB. The gun is still uses stock parts (apart from the bigger "roller packing") just checked it, shimmed it, regreased it and tweaked it here and there.

Sorry I don't use anything ligher than .28s in aegs. Range is adequate I'd say.

I'm thinking of buying the A&K Version, which is already on the market, however the first batch was sold out in a blink of an eye so I missed the opportunity to pick up one. I'd say in case you want more compatibility, better motor and internals look for the a&k instead of g&d.

I'm thinking of buying the A&K Version, which is already on the market, however the first batch was sold out in a blink of an eye so I missed the opportunity to pick up one. I'd say in case you want more compatibility, better motor and internals look for the a&k instead of g&d.

WHERE?! 

A spare cylinder is strongly recommended, as it comes with an M150 cylinder and shoots around ~530 fps right out of the box... :D

Also FPS variation should be chronoed on the BB you are going to use in skirmish not a cheap .20 which is used to chrono the gun.

Furthermore this one one example from the first production batch.

As soon as it is possible I will put my hands on one of these and will do a detailed review on it.