PTW clones( DTW A&K etc)

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not going to strip the cylinder and hop yet (later tonight). This is just a quick look at the cylinder, hop and barrel and the externals of the gearbox.   The Cylinder is blue anodised and well

It always amazes me the way people think that because the Systema is $1500 it's actually worth $1500. Do you really think it costs Systema more than a couple of hundred dollars to make? Do you think

ok on with the rest of part 2.   I had a look at the gearbox and electrics today. Some good news and some bad news but to keep you in suspense I'll put the bad news nearer the bottom. No sneak peeki

Posted Images

Someone please correct me here,

I read a reviewing saying the ctw stops firing on empty, but you do not have to use the bolt catch to re enable firing?

What are people's thoughts on the g&d ctw combo, £389 seems a decent price.

Plus if the bolt catch etc works I'm sold.

Does anybody have a review of trigger response, as I am struggling.

Someone please correct me here,

I read a reviewing saying the ctw stops firing on empty, but you do not have to use the bolt catch to re enable firing?

What are people's thoughts on the g&d ctw combo, £389 seems a decent price.

Plus if the bolt catch etc works I'm sold.

Does anybody have a review of trigger response, as I am struggling.

Was told to stay aware from the G&D and CTW parts. No Point.

Actionhobbies sell a DTW for £300 with warranty. 

Also seen that A&K http://akairsoft.com/home.html are doing an MP5 TW

Edited by kithooton

Ah *suitcase*, just bought a DTW, :) after all the "hype" I had to see for myself. I think I'll wait before buying A&K, they can't seem to get standard AEG's right, so not sure they can manage a TW :)

On another note, how long before we start seeing TW from G&P, G&G, VFC et al.

Edited by Inq Eisenhorn

Read it on other board that A&K motor is said to be quite faulty (due that is 2007 PTW clone). I wonder how's the hop up, and what mags fits and feeds.

I have to point out some facts. The motor on clones has to be compatible with the PTW platform, so need to be compatible with TWs. For example the FCC motor is a clone too. They have to have the same dimensions, have to have two magnets and of course 3 coils on the rotor. I'd say that is not enough for any kind of speculation about possible motor lifespan. :) Also the DTW is said to be a clone of the ~2008 PTW I have ~8000 shots on mine, and the motor still works (however I have broken off one of the brush tensioners and fixed it myself).

Furthermore, the A&K TW just hit the market, conclusively I doubt that anyone has long term experience with them. It is too early to say anything about the lifespan on the motors. All we know at this time it is a more exact copy when compared to the DTW and it said to be (!) a clone of the 2008 systema. After all, these all manufactured in 2012-2013 (DTW and a&K) they have to have the systema issues in mind during design and manufacturing but time will tell how reliable these motors are.

China has not too strict copyright laws, so I'd say G&P, G&G and VFC (taiwanese companies) will not risk a copyright lawsuit with systema. I recently had an M16A4 from a&k and was satisfied with it, so at the moment cannot like Easter as it takes one from the workdays of the week so delivery of my A&K TW could take 3 days longer. :)

Fair enough. On a more philosophical note, how long before these TW really start to erode Systema's market? If they haven't already. Apart from the ultra hardcore PTW supporters anyone new to the TW sub market will surely look at these over a considerably more expensive PTW.

I have to point out some facts. The motor on clones has to be compatible with the PTW platform, so need to be compatible with TWs. For example the FCC motor is a clone too. They have to have the same dimensions, have to have two magnets and of course 3 coils on the rotor. I'd say that is not enough for any kind of speculation about possible motor lifespan. :) Also the DTW is said to be a clone of the ~2008 PTW I have ~8000 shots on mine, and the motor still works (however I have broken off one of the brush tensioners and fixed it myself).

I used to run a 2007 Systema PTW and motor in the one I had was failing badly. Oh, and I found this also http://www.filairsoft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119687&page=2 post #18 motor failing (probably after a long burst). The posts are from 2012, so I'm not sure if the A&K TW sold now are of the same batch. As soon as I get rid one of mine gbbrs I'm gonna check the A&K TW from my local retailer.

@Inq Eisenhorn I think that it would go the same as AEG market-there are many acm aeg available, but people still buy G&P, VFC or Avalon guns.

Edited by Nath

@ Nath

True, but the price differential between the mainstream brands and ACM stuff isn't that large, so people can still justify buying from a "quality" brand, if such a beast really exists. In the case of Systema, the price gap is huge.

I think the real Systema killer will the company who applies the TW touch to other rifle types, SCAR, AK, etc. Systema proved it was possible with the MP5.....

Looks like they have all gone :(

Dropped them a line when it will (if will) be back in stock.

Yes but the WE katana's are more of a jumped up ICS system than a TW.

Like I said, matter of electronic gizmo to get it working as a TW. People do TW style weapons out of plain AEGs,

Ah *suitcase*, just bought a DTW, :) after all the "hype" I had to see for myself. I think I'll wait before buying A&K, they can't seem to get standard AEG's right, so not sure they can manage a TW :)

The best Scenario would be...

The god farther of Airsoft. A Tokyo Marui PTW lol...

They will probably be copying Airsoftsystems ASAR after it gets out