PTW clones( DTW A&K etc)

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not going to strip the cylinder and hop yet (later tonight). This is just a quick look at the cylinder, hop and barrel and the externals of the gearbox.   The Cylinder is blue anodised and well

It always amazes me the way people think that because the Systema is $1500 it's actually worth $1500. Do you really think it costs Systema more than a couple of hundred dollars to make? Do you think

ok on with the rest of part 2.   I had a look at the gearbox and electrics today. Some good news and some bad news but to keep you in suspense I'll put the bad news nearer the bottom. No sneak peeki

Posted Images

Could you film the trigger response and full auto ROF on a 11,1v ? Reading your experience yours may be better than mine and may have an improved motor.

This is mine using 11.1V LiPo and the m130 cylinder i got with the gun.

ROF is alright, im used to 25rps but I cant complain. The trigger on this gun feels absolutely amazing, its hard to explain but my other gun (AEG with ASCU v2) doesnt come close to the feel of the DTW.

ROF is alright, im used to 25rps but I cant complain. The trigger on this gun feels absolutely amazing, its hard to explain but my other gun (AEG with ASCU v2) doesnt come close to the feel of the DTW.

Yep, that's what I'm talking about, and I was using a nasty 8.4v mini :)

Honestly, for the money this unit leaves me speechless. I don't dare imagine what this means for AEG's in the future. When I have £320 in my pocket and I'm looking for another (not gas) gun, it will have to be this or the A&K (depending on how good it is)!!

interesting thing regarding A&K PTW mosfet and systema replacement.

Maaan, I'm so confused right now, should I go A&K or DTW. On one hand if I get A&K I would have 12 month guarantee (as Taiwangun is my local retailer), on the other the DTW seems less problematic.

Edited by Nath

Thank you for the vid. The 2400 mAh a definitely good investment for the DTW, mine has a rof of around 700 rpm with the 1200 mAh 15C 11,1v. Do the 2400 mAh firefox fit in the stock crane stock (lol) ?

@Nath, according to the UPS tracking info, the A&K PTW will be here tomorrow afternoon. As soon as I finished the upload of the video I post it here.

Yep, that's what I'm talking about, and I was using a nasty 8.4v mini :)

Honestly, for the money this unit leaves me speechless. I don't dare imagine what this means for AEG's in the future. When I have £320 in my pocket and I'm looking for another (not gas) gun, it will have to be this or the A&K (depending on how good it is)!!

I feel the same, ive had too many AEGs broken down on me and im so tired of opening that V2 gearbox. Sure it is more expensive to use a TW (with mags and all) but with all these PTW clones coming out theres bound to be a price drop in spare parts soon. :)

Thank you for the vid. The 2400 mAh a definitely good investment for the DTW, mine has a rof of around 700 rpm with the 1200 mAh 15C 11,1v. Do the 2400 mAh firefox fit in the stock crane stock (lol) ?

@Nath, according to the UPS tracking info, the A&K PTW will be here tomorrow afternoon. As soon as I finished the upload of the video I post it here.

No that nunchuck type battery does not fit in the DTW stock, its impossible to fit it inside without having to mod the "walls" away inside the stock. For me that was too much of a hassle so i just ordered some random china AEG crane stock. (One that you can open from the back) Works perfectly :)

• Like 1

Just as a heads up, and especially for those of you (like me) who have a problem trusting A&K engineering' a new company AIRO ARMS is about to release it's PTW clone this year.

Things are starting to really heat up, if these guys can keep up the quality with the tech, I can see this really pushing 'traditional' airsoft AEG's right off the table.

Edited by Inq Eisenhorn

Seems that every manufacturer is bringing out a training weopon this year .may be worth sitting back and waiting to see which one reigns supreme ..

Personally, I hope this sets a new 'standard' for AEG, and pushes the insular TM attitude back to where it came from. I hope every company outside of TM take this direction, and we see a flourishing after market parts based on TW rather than TM compatibility.

Of course the next step, is taking the principles of the TW to other weapon platforms, SYSTEMA did it with the MP5, Real Sword did it (kinda) with the AK, now I wanna see SCAR, MASADA, SG552, you name it, all at TW standard.

That would be my dream for AEGs going forward. :)

If we have just one clone 'winner' and Systema to chose from we're no better off than when we had the PTW and CTW.....look how that turned out.

Bless this post!

A&K electronics are clearly an 07 clone, and from a technical standpoint they are the WORST electronics, but it looks like A&K added a TVS diode which should help keep the motor the FETs alive.

Hmm, either the guys at A&K have been working on this a really long time or they're as dumb as two short planks, why on earth would you go to the trouble of cloning something that was / is flawed? It's not like Systema haven't brought out subsequent models. But this is the kind of idiocy that makes me just avoid companies like A&K, cloning should be the most simplistic engineering endeavour, if they can't even do that right......

Edited by Inq Eisenhorn

Just finished filming the A&K PTW, and I have to say, forget the G&D. I'm saying this with having one G&D DTW RIS.

Just a short list that is better on the a&K:

- Steel barrel and steel triangle front sight.

- gray finish on barrel and on the receiver, looks awesome

- Stainless steel stock tube.

- proper sized inner barrel and all assemly around, like chamber sleeve and others

- proper sized body pins

- ROCK solid construction

- fiber glass reinforced plastic furniture

- proper operation of the bolt catch when the mag is empty. On the DTW it cuts off the power of the ECU and sometimes this makes your gun double feed, no such issue on the a&k

- better shimjob, better dimension an tighter tolerances all around, hard to tell because of the m150 cylinder but the gearbox seems much smoother running

- the cylinder itself is better made

- the trigger has a mechanical safety, cannot be pulled when the selector is set to 'safe'. The G&D has no mechanical block on safe.

- better wiring in the tube, looks like a spiral spring,

- much smaller FET group in the tube, small space with some hope for using a stock tube lipo (CTR stock users may like this)

- motor seems to be very powerful, pulls the m150 with ease.

- nice soft coating on the crane stock as a cheek rest

- back piece on the crane stock is rubberized, and the parts those hold it to the crane stock itself is made of steel.

negatives

- body pins are stiff, no chance to push them out without a hammer and the push pin at least when new. May be better with some use.

- comes with m150 cyl, not skirmishable on most countries ootb. Measured to have 525-537 fps with the hop set. ROF is around 650 rpm with the 11,1v 1200 mAh 15c. (remember, m150 cylinder)

I am about to upload the videos and link them here.

If some interested I have a g&d dtw ris for sale. :D

Edited by stefanitsr

I have to say I am only able to compare the g&d and the a&k (these are affordable to me) and the a&k is clearly better. Did six vids including the unboxing, chrono, dtw comparison, I tried to show you all everything that the short time window allowed. Had to give it to the owner. :) Unfortunately I cannot afford two guns priced at that range at the same time but In fact I would be happy to see the DTW going away with the idea of purchasing an A&K in mind.

Yeah, it seems the A&K is not widely available yet, I wonder if they will make changes for the full sales run. I must say, I'm still cautious about A&K, but your feedback is very tempting.

Ironically, by the time I've spent all these funds on clones I might as well have bought the 'original'....well, that's airsoft :)

Links below:

Some vids are hungarian, some of them are showing my DTW too, RIS with no marking. Hope you enjoy the videos.

Unboxing:

DTW and a&k side by side

A&K trigger response and rof (M150 cylinder)

A&K chrono

And having some fun

And one bonus video, G&D chrono

Taiwangun website got glitches sometimes, and I'm almost sure, that it is glitching right now. During easter, when the A&K TW also was missing on the site I dropped TG an email regarding this matter, they were kinda surprised, and were to investigate. I'll call them tomorrow during working hours to get some info on the topic.