PTW clones( DTW A&K etc)

Spring is replaceable but AEG springs don't fit.

I highly recommend that if you plan on skirmishing a  *TW that you get a second cylinder, a set of Vanaras PTW Springs, and 5 1mm Delrin spacers, with that setup you can build and tune two cylinders (primary and back-up) for what ever game/event you go to.

• Like 1
  • Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not going to strip the cylinder and hop yet (later tonight). This is just a quick look at the cylinder, hop and barrel and the externals of the gearbox.   The Cylinder is blue anodised and well

It always amazes me the way people think that because the Systema is $1500 it's actually worth $1500. Do you really think it costs Systema more than a couple of hundred dollars to make? Do you think

ok on with the rest of part 2.   I had a look at the gearbox and electrics today. Some good news and some bad news but to keep you in suspense I'll put the bad news nearer the bottom. No sneak peeki

Posted Images

Question, seeing as UK stock is low atm and cylinders are few and far between, how do I get a dtw field legal? (330fps)

Can you replace the spring inside the cylinder, do normal aeg springs fit?

Thanks all

You can buy the lower power cylinders from ehobby I think, or you can use the King Arms cylinders (the black one).

Or reliable . Am sitting back and waiting to see what comes out this year . All the manufacturers seem to have shifted up a gear with the guns due out this year . The g&g seems to be giving the most new features for a gun . Having to cock the gun before firing it brings something new to the electric gun market . Also the black ops 416 guns are due to land soon . Expensive ( 600 quid) but amazing trigger response , easily matching tw type guns .

Think my bank manager is not going to be happy later this year ..

Or reliable . Am sitting back and waiting to see what comes out this year . All the manufacturers seem to have shifted up a gear with the guns due out this year . The g&g seems to be giving the most new features for a gun . Having to cock the gun before firing it brings something new to the electric gun market . Also the black ops 416 guns are due to land soon . Expensive ( 600 quid) but amazing trigger response , easily matching tw type guns .

Think my bank manager is not going to be happy later this year ..

Do you have a website link for Black Ops, doing a Google search brings up quite some noise :)

MOSFET burned out, due to the poor 07 design, better off converting to 08 electronics.

Not sure what Taiwangun is going to replace or how we are going to work it out. But in worst case scenario, could you give me a link to where I can purchase the 08 electronics? What about the 12 electronics?

Not true the Chinese PCB and Assembly guys can do a great job, but they will also make anything you want as you want it, if your design is bad they'll build it to your spec but a bad design is a bad design.

Ideally if you want to replace it you need 3 parts, Selector Board, ECU, and MOSFET any design 08 and beyond is cross compatible.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Picked my DTW apart for some cleaning and i just noticed how my hop up seems damaged, where the BB enters the unit there seems to be a small metal edge sticking out a bit. The BB doesnt enter the hop up without a tiny bit of force but i cant imagine this being good. Sometimes (1 in 100) the BBs split when i shoot them but im not sure if thats related..

Also the cylinder was very dirty on the inside, lots of metal and plastic pieces stuck around the orings, some quite large. Wouldnt want them finding their way down to the gearbox. But i still love it :)

Is it me or does it seem that you are buying a ptw by instalments with these guns . The initial gun is relatively cheap but then as things break you have to buy expensive ptw bits to replace them so by the end of it all to have a reliable tw it is going to cost the initial purchase price again ....

From what ive seen so far the cylinder seems to be the only really cheap part, the metal casing is very cheap and thin. I have no worries at all surrounding the gearbox or electronics. And hey, even if the electronic parts fail theyre only around 40-80$ for DTW spares.. ALOT cheaper than systema parts.

Edited by FoShoBear

The electronics don't look that reliable judging by posts in this thread and others how much to buy new ?

I'm not saying that people are lying, it's impossible to know, but I've no doubt there are some members of our community that want this rifle to appear in a bad light. I tend to take most things I read on forums with a pinch of salt.

For example I've owned 30+ PTW's and they've been flawless, on the other hand, the 40+ TM recoil AEG's I've owned have all broke after the first skirmish......true or false? Anyone can say anything on these forums.

I am old enough and wise enough to know that misinformation can be prevalent on forums due to vested interests by some people to sell their own goods / products

I do my best to post unbiased informative information to help people . But if I have a bad experience that is down to faulty products rather than the end user I will . Post up an honest complaint . Same with customer service etc

Believe it or not my most troublesome gun to date has been a tm one . To be fair it was brought second hand and is getting on a bit ..

Edited by Baddbaz
  • 3 weeks later...