PTW clones( DTW A&K etc)

oh..shyt may have spoken to soon.  sounds like you have been given an older model DTW.
i'm not aware of any MAX3 DTW's in the old brown box packaging. should all be in the new brightly co loured boxes

the outer size of the inner barrel of a MAX3 DTW should be about 10mm same as a PTW.
he older models of DTW would have a standard 8mm outter size of the inner barrel same as a AEG.

new_Pic_18.jpg

also the o-ring that used to just sit on the inner barrel on the old DTW.... in the new MAX3 DTW now has a groove to sit in so doesn't move when you pull the barrel in and out.

new_Pic_12.jpg

and the MAX3 models all have a programmable super ECU for multi round burst.
which is also now given away with any old DTW sold.

seems you may have received a bit of a bum deal.  :(

3110-7407.jpg

Edited by The Insider
  • Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not going to strip the cylinder and hop yet (later tonight). This is just a quick look at the cylinder, hop and barrel and the externals of the gearbox.   The Cylinder is blue anodised and well

It always amazes me the way people think that because the Systema is $1500 it's actually worth $1500. Do you really think it costs Systema more than a couple of hundred dollars to make? Do you think

ok on with the rest of part 2.   I had a look at the gearbox and electrics today. Some good news and some bad news but to keep you in suspense I'll put the bad news nearer the bottom. No sneak peeki

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on mine I guess.
Enjoying it so far.
Accuracy is above average, but not quite the laser beam that my G&G T418 with TK barrel is.
Going to attempt to bed it in a little more, before experimenting with Systema 2012 Inner barrel and hop.
One of the G&D magazines has broken the part on the magazine which activates the bolt catch.
The bolt catch itself is made of a very brittle metal, and as such I've ordered a replacement as it looks like it has a hairline crack inside it.
I fitted a ASAP plate and it's been very good.

Quite a few times I've popped up to take a shot and nothing, suppose I've knocked the bolt catch or similar.
I'll stretch the spring a little and see if that can solve it.
Don't want to lose the functionality of the gun stopping firing.
Waiting on my Samson evo Rail, which is still held up at customs.

Good to hear the gun is being reliable for the moment "thatguy404", have you counted or know an estimated round count for your gun? BTW, if you are getting a new hop chamber, maybe it is a good idea to make an upgrade from the systema chamber as there is a rotatory hop chamber which can be adjusted from the expulsion port like a regular AEG

Keep the news coming guys ;)

Haha, I was scared too but survived x2 night games happily

But yours was a max3 mine is one of the early batch g&d.

As to the stts rotary hop, heard not alot good about it from end users where as alot of users seem to be having alot of luck with the systems 2012 hop

Edited by LordElpus

the upper one was not the original mosfet. but was the goal.

Looks slightly bigger than the upper one, is it superior to the former? or just a rounded redesign?

this below picture is the original dtw mosfet next to the new one.
and the rounded outer case is apparently  just temp till an alternative can be considered.

aczqghHY.jpg

and once installed... with battery.   =)

abw8xgih.jpg

I volunteered my DTW for testing... lol.
put 20 rounds through it last night and SECU was still programmable.

will put 200 rds through it today ;)

Edited by The Insider

I know nothing about the A&K PTW and was shocked... and find it very strange that it has never been for sale in HK. 
with one exception...

http://asiarsoft.com/index.php?8bdab82d615c1fe5d67ac55057924058=01

they sell Ario, and Celcius... and A&K, 

yet the a&K model has never shown up in any other of the 100's of HK retailers.  ??
and its very funny how they core AEG's are china made....  yet they don't sell the DTW's .. ??

so seems like something very fishy could be going on there.

and the Ario arms are... were... just part timers i think, upgrading DTW's with CTW parts.  I think.

i keep reading how the A&K's were released in April... but i have to ask... WTF are they?
Half a dozen pieces scattered though a few retailers i would not consider a release.

maybe further productions are coming... maybe not. 
but until someone has something "official" to announce... it could be just assumptions and guess work 

and as for the smaller mostfet... testing went very well... and there are also actually discussions to have the Korean mosfet installed at the DTW factory for future models. 
fingers crossed on that one.

and as for the smaller mostfet... testing went very well... and there are also actually discussions to have the Korean mosfet installed at the DTW factory for future models. 

fingers crossed on that one.

Now, thats a step forward :) I too hope the next models are upgraded with the small mosfet, and maybe the rotatory hop up?  a man can dream :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

So I have some news regarding Airo TW.

I think they've been absent from the market because they've been working on the small mosfet and I have some photos of the model which is likely to go into production (hopefully before the end of the year).

Unfortunately I didn't have any time for airsoft over these past few months so I can't post a reliability report. 

Edited by Stan-O

I have officially fallen to the TW owners club (255€ shipped looked like a nice deal)... I have a DTW Max3 inbound and if the reliability department satisfies me, I will buy some mags and dress it properly.

Now, questions, as usual:

* I have purchased a MAG concave nub, reviews say it is a nice and improving nub, any better option?

* Cheapest mags I found were the vanaras ones, any opinions about them? better alternatives?

* Will AEG outer barrel extenders work?