PTW clones( DTW A&K etc)

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not going to strip the cylinder and hop yet (later tonight). This is just a quick look at the cylinder, hop and barrel and the externals of the gearbox.   The Cylinder is blue anodised and well

It always amazes me the way people think that because the Systema is $1500 it's actually worth $1500. Do you really think it costs Systema more than a couple of hundred dollars to make? Do you think

ok on with the rest of part 2.   I had a look at the gearbox and electrics today. Some good news and some bad news but to keep you in suspense I'll put the bad news nearer the bottom. No sneak peeki

Posted Images

I expect it to arrive next week or the next one if customs decides they fancy a piece of my monthly wallet, Even if they charge an extra, price is fine for a TW with a DD Rail preinstalled, well, or at least it is if it is reliable enough to shoot some thousand BBs downrange, I have been reading horror stories about almost any TW suffering from ludicrously fragile motors, and to be honest, I would hate to be forced to buy a new one, but I would probably switch to an ICS M4 and buy a whole new gun the next month, just for spares and upper building.

The price on these Max3s is quite low compared even to regular/highend AEGs or not upgraded spares

That's what I figured. Similar price to a top tech g&g or something and ws worth an experiment... I will say the gearbox is quite loud, the "snap" it makes compared to my aegs but it's not really an issue.

I'm going to drop a 2012 systema barrel and hop just to see if it's any better.

No issues with my motor so far though. Very smooth, very quick.

hope you enjoy it

How much takes you a systema chamber and barrel? suposedly the new Max3 barrels are 6.03mm so changing the cushions and the nub for a sorbo/hirobo/siliconewiretubing should improve drastically the guns performance using 0.28g or 0.30g BBs, which are the ones I use right now and will use when I run out of 0.28gs. This, of course, is a mandatory upgrade for Systema hop ups too, so I dont think a Systema chamber would improve so much over a G&D Stock one.

If they werent so pricey, I would invest in one of those rotatory hop up chambers, doesnt matter if it is good or bad, it is milles ahead more comfortable to adjust than the regular screwinmagwell. Hope the inside information the insider revealed some time ago was accurate and the clone is released soon, so i can keep spending moneyz on upper building

don't know about the new ones, but i had a 100fps (+/- 10fps!) air leak between the cylinder nozzle and the end of the barrel. Swapped out hop and barrel for 2012 systema but not got a chance to test it, although stock barrel, + MAG adjuster had good range although shot scatter was not great, the large variance of fps didn't help.

Yes, vanaras is the RSov own brand, I meant the Magpul Pmags, Vanaras Mags are... well, not Pmags :)

Thanks for the info dude, I will try to get hold of one and test it, although it will be terribly hard as TW are not easy to find in Spanish fields, much less vanaras ones... =(

Worst case scenario some light filing in the magwell or mags should do the trick, right? ^_^

it was originally designed for people that had a load of AEG barrels already or people that had their PTW platform running inner barrels with lengths they couldnt readily find a decent selection of lengths to go with it... (or if they're like me being cheap, probably want to cut cost down to achieve the accuracy they wanted. even though venturing into the PTW platform is never going to really get 'cheap' anyway)

but on the point of accuracy, why would you use an AEG hop system when the PTW platform has a decent mechanism?

also, FCC has recently released a new hop unit that you can adjust just like an AEG (no need to mag out and hex key it like the old days)

will give that a spin on my PTW when it's back together (it's currently in pieces at the moment)

Well, the FCC hop up is on my sights too, but this chamber sure is convenient, not because adjustment or being cheap (plenty of expensive AEG barrels out there) but because it can be Rhopped easily than a PTW one. certainly, there are mods like the sugru-mod but sugru is not strong enough to be a durable option like the silicone patch the RHop is.

I think I would choose this KDM hop over a FCC, even more as both are the same price, +/- 100€

but the guys i spoke to FCC to today (just coincidence one of the guys there was going to help me open up my delta ring coz it wont budge with what i have at home, even with a wrench) said their new one is expected to have an MSRP of around US$90 (under 70 euros) and the korean one (you ARE talking about this one right? been a long day) at today's exchange rate makes that 96 euros. a bit different in price, although at your local stores or shipping costs will add up... then again, just saying 20 euros is a big difference for me in hop units unless the more expensive one is THAT much better.

70€? well, thats definetly good news, and although I agree, 20€ difference is quite a bit of money, what is still putting me off both chambers is the lack of information about them, the KDM one has been around since february and the FCC one a bit more. The KDM has no reviews, just some impressions on swedish and the FCC mixed coments of "good and bad" opinions without thorough and proper revisions, up to my knowledge and weak google fu

I will keep an eye on both, but the AEG chamber is a bit more convenient for me.

To be honest, I cant shake off me the feeling that the "for training weapons" tag is there just to justify the 100% price rise over the "fair price level" on anything TW related :(

totally understand... but if it's 20 euros difference, i'd rather stick with the PTW style hop mechanism because it just performs better. although regular AEG hop designs are advancing and they are getting pretty damn good...

the one i got my hands on today from FCC is the one you can quick adjust just like an AEG hop could via the ejection port. i will have to let u know how that performs. but not sure what i can base the shots with... since it's not designed to shoot more accurate... just a convenience thing for adjustment.

without going too much off topic here, i'll start a new thread later on once i start shooting my PTW to let u guys see how it fares.

a mini-review will be due. hopefully not too long to keep you guys waiting... but it's the new one from fcc so not sure if other shops have it online in their shops yet. but we'll see.

pm inbound re: good/bad reviews for the fcc. since i want to look out for that during my test/review