PTW clones( DTW A&K etc)

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not going to strip the cylinder and hop yet (later tonight). This is just a quick look at the cylinder, hop and barrel and the externals of the gearbox.   The Cylinder is blue anodised and well

It always amazes me the way people think that because the Systema is $1500 it's actually worth $1500. Do you really think it costs Systema more than a couple of hundred dollars to make? Do you think

ok on with the rest of part 2.   I had a look at the gearbox and electrics today. Some good news and some bad news but to keep you in suspense I'll put the bad news nearer the bottom. No sneak peeki

Posted Images

Yes motor is their primary problem, next is mosfet.

Because of the way the system is made with active brake to get the excact same cycle ewery time, it shortens the lifespand of the brushes so it will never last as long as a normal aeg motor.

Try using a fet on your aeg with active break set on hard, then your aeg motor will break just as fast.

Europe link to motor core

http://www.powair6.com/index.php?id_category=131&controller=category&id_lang=2

Diff types, even do your own winding

Thanks for the info mate! I mostly use semi-auto, does that make motor life longuer? I have been eyeing prices of new motors and spares and they are almost as expensive as the DTW itself! :lol: some brand must get down the horse and start pricing their parts at "AEG level" or the TW thing will never take off at the (again) "AEG level"

Now, good news for me, last night, after furiously grind, dremmel, and offer sacrifices to Khorne I managed to remove the tab fixing the barrel to the hop chamber and will start modding it this weekend, hope I can find a way to build a flat or Rhop for the TWs, which is the main reason I bought one

On the not so happy side of things, MAG concave adjuster doesnt fit OOTB on the DTW inner barrel, the barrel walls fitting into the adjuster are a bit too wide, nothing dramatic and some light filling should be enough

Lets keep the thread alive guys ;)

ORGA has just came out with a flat hop-adjuster, i'm awaiting this myself as i'm currently using a slight modified MAG adjuster with other rubber and this thing shoots like a laser so the orga really has to be good to win.

Btw theese new cores are WAY better the any standard motor as they have better windings, balanced cores and better brushes so i would deffo choose them over any std motor

Semi is actually harder on the motor itself cause of constant start stop and the active breaking system, on a good core you will only have to change the brushes once in a wile, and btw ONLY use systema silver brushes, best there is

How unfortunate... well... lets see how long lasts the motor on the Max3 and will decide what to do then. But again, 200€ for the fcc V3 motor is quite steep...

I saw the orga a couple of weeks ago and while the idea is good, 55$ plus shipping is just insane, I whole heartly wish it gets cloned, which can be done in a couple of afternoons while watching TV. Not a masterpiece of engeneering... TBH

oh! I didnt know it was easy, im quite "technically challenged" :lol: thats why I thought about the whole mottor... will have a look at some vids and see if Im capable of making the change if the time comes, but will probably do it just for fun when the motor dies and get a new gun for spares and upper building :)

Thought so... I might ask my father to lend me his "high speed dremmel" to speed up the job... mine is almost as old as me (and im not so young anymore :lol:) now, curling the curl... Has anibody tried to mod this kind of grips?

hk416battlegrip-3_911_detail.jpg

They look like they have a more vertical angle and I dont know for sure if a PTW can take that angle

thanks for the input :)

Here you go.
Dropping some knowledge instead of asking for it for a change.

Got x2 PTS pmags tother day.
Fit was tight, and they struggled to activate the magazine release unless slapped in.

The window on the magazine that the mag catch grips onto is actually too small....

30seconds with a craft knife later, and they fit like an absolute champ.

Test fired 3 rounds in each mag and seems to feed fine.
Tomorrow I will Chrono and Sunday will field test.

Also fitted a 2012 PTW Barrel and hop, so have that to test on Sunday also.(Which fitted fine in the DTW outer barrel by the way)

The PTS pmags however DO NOT activate the bolt catch.
Going to look into somehow extending the catch on the magazine or the bolt catch itself (Any ideas welcome)

Thanks

have you tried to insert the mag with the upper removed? that way you could see why the PMAGs dont activate the boltcatch, maybe the mags spring is not strong enough...

Personally, im a bit worried myself, after remembering you said you broke your boltcatch I decided to take advantage of the hop up tabs order I made to WGC and buy a steel one, 6 bucks wont break the bank. But I fear the added weigth of the boltcatch will prevent the mag to actually activate it

Update on the systema barrel and hop.

Must of been lucky yesterday.

Doesnt feed at all today.

Bbs jam in the barrel instantly.

Ive attempted alot of filing to see if it's the hop chamber fouling the inner barrel, but still cannot see solution!

When it does feed (intermittently)

Ive had 220fps max, all the way down to 5fps...

My max3 feeds OK, but it is very inconsistent FPS wise, maybe it is due to the barrel not being "locked" to the chamber or the hop mod I made... will be sure when the tabs arrive... one of these days :lol:

derektemple: I dont know about the etiny, I plan to use mine as stock as possible as long as I can...

Finally got my Airo TW tonight. My first TW ever. Shoots and handle very much like a TW, and at this price it's no complaint. Though for lower powers I prefer my Marui ebb. Got a short fet with it. No wobbles. Hop up seems from stock, and I was told that it was improved over PTW hopups which give my friend all sort of trouble without tuning. Strangely it needs to feed on a 14.4v LiPo to give the right sort of trigger feel. Downside to me is that it's suppose to be a cab version but the inner barrel sticks out from the flash hider.

Any idea how to test this baby out?