PTW clones( DTW A&K etc)

Update:
Took apart the CQB PTW 2012 hop, as wasn't feeding no matter what.

Here we go.

The hop chamber sleeve on the DTW, is smaller than the chamber sleeve on the PTW.

So to use the PTW barrel, I had to use the PTW sleeve.
The DTW hop adjuster is actually larger than the PTW (at least on my DTW)

So I am using the DTW hop adjuster + packing, on a PTW barrel with PTW chamber sleeve.
But it all fits inside the DTW hop chamber base.

FPS is again around the same, and I cannot range/accuracy test until next week.

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not going to strip the cylinder and hop yet (later tonight). This is just a quick look at the cylinder, hop and barrel and the externals of the gearbox.   The Cylinder is blue anodised and well

It always amazes me the way people think that because the Systema is $1500 it's actually worth $1500. Do you really think it costs Systema more than a couple of hundred dollars to make? Do you think

ok on with the rest of part 2.   I had a look at the gearbox and electrics today. Some good news and some bad news but to keep you in suspense I'll put the bad news nearer the bottom. No sneak peeki

Posted Images

Update:

Took apart the CQB PTW 2012 hop, as wasn't feeding no matter what.

Here we go.

The hop chamber sleeve on the DTW, is smaller than the chamber sleeve on the PTW.

So to use the PTW barrel, I had to use the PTW sleeve.

The DTW hop adjuster is actually larger than the PTW (at least on my DTW)

So I am using the DTW hop adjuster + packing, on a PTW barrel with PTW chamber sleeve.

But it all fits inside the DTW hop chamber base.

FPS is again around the same, and I cannot range/accuracy test until next week.

That was the case with the 1st gen DTW. Do you have the new MAX3 one? I thought that the barrel diameter (and the chamber) were redesigned to be 100% compatible with the MAX3, is it not the case?

More Rotatory hop ups

http://www.ptwcustom.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=169_231&products_id=568

EDIT:

About hop compatibility, yes, MAX3 chambers are said to be redesigned to be 100% comatible with Systema ones, how tru is that?, I dont know, I plan on using mine and not a systema. In the events I decide to upgrade my chamber, I will be doing it from a rotatory option or the AEG barrel chamber

Edited by Isamu

I could have saved you the trouble if you asked. ;)

BTW, I've ordered the complete "G&D DTW" hopup chamber from rsov before the MAX3 were introduced and the sleeve was out of spec -- it's too large for the 1st gen DTW barrel and too small for the PTW barrel. Just so you know if you decide to get one too.

Thought I'd get a systema hop and try it for myself.

Any idea which part causes it to foul in the dtw?

The fit seems perfect, it feeds but fps I crazy low, and it makes a metallic noise when firing

Sorry I can't help you there, my buddy has his version of the PTW hopup mod so the hybrid (PTW barrel and sleeve + DTW rest of the hopup chamber) barrel he's built while I was away and which I've tried in the 1st gen DTW didn't have any feeding or performance issues with about half a mag I've shot into a box at home (to chrono the cylinder).

I can be wrong about it, but I think I've also tried the AiroTW barrel assembly in my 1st gen DTW without any adverse effect on FPS either.

Speaking of metallic noise -- any traces of contact on any metal surfaces?

I've built the same combo myself.
Did he have any accuracy issues or anything like that?
I'm yet to be able to test mine.

No traces of contact, it's when the gun isn't feeding correctly, it'll still fire a BB, but the FPS is lower, like a metallic clang instead of the zip/pfft noise they usually make.

A little update on my AiroTW. Just like Ben from Asiarsoft promised I've received the new mini-FET for my AiroTW earlier today. It's been a while since I've assembled PTW so it took me some time to replace the FET, but now I can fit 11.1V LiPo in the buffer tube and run with either CTR or STR.

I hope to get out this weekend to actually field it, and quit chairsofting. ;)

Just a little update on the spares I got yesterday.

The Action steel boltcatch fits OK and is shaped like the Max3 one. A longuer and stiffer spring comes bundled with the part, which I installed right away since the spring in the DTW is a bit suitcasey. Will test it along the weekend (bit occupied right now)

Action barrel keys are a godsend for us who like tinkering with the hop up chamber, the provided screw lets us install and remove it efortlessly, they are 5$ per 3 pieces and even as I dont know what are they made of, they feel great. They are a bit loose in the MAX3 chamber though, nothing a bit of tape wont fix

Now, just a question, the grub used to adjust the hop chamber gives me the creeps, to be honest, im a bit afraid of loosing or damaging the hex hole. I measured it to be 3.5mm wide to try finding some cheap replacements to no luck. Anybody knows a place to buy them?

Moar updates, please forgive the double post.

Fitted an M95 spring in the cilinder without further mods to it, using the stock cleaned barrel, 0.20gs, no hop, im getting 345 to 355fps, expected something closer to 330FPS @_@

Managed to get some second hand vanaras mags and they fit into the Max3, a bit snuggly but a tactical hit to the bottom will make it click in place perfectly. Removal requires to extract the mag, it wont fall by itself. Good news is that there is absolutly no wobble

Bad news for me is that the action boltcatch wont be activated neither by the vanaras or the stock DTW mag, I have reinstalled the stock boltcatch until I manage to make itwork... somehow

More bad news is that my first attempt to flat hop it has failed misserably FPS variation was too high, back to drawing desk... :(

News from my gen 1 dtw.. The installation of a 2012 Systema hop and inner barrel has upped the fps from 240ish (big ish..) to 312fps give or take 2fps. There appears to be some play in the cylinder when fired so hopefully the installation of a shim or 2 to the the buffer tube endcap (or whatever the disc with 2 o rings is called behind the cylinder should stop the cylinder from jumping and sort the final air leak. Now i just need to wait for the mosfet to burn out like everyone elses

News from my gen 1 dtw.. The installation of a 2012 Systema hop and inner barrel has upped the fps from 240ish (big ish..) to 312fps give or take 2fps. There appears to be some play in the cylinder when fired so hopefully the installation of a shim or 2 to the the buffer tube endcap (or whatever the disc with 2 o rings is called behind the cylinder should stop the cylinder from jumping and sort the final air leak. Now i just need to wait for the mosfet to burn out like everyone elses

After reading all these posts I would love to know how much it costs to get what is supposed to be a cheap training weopon base up to an acceptable standard .
  • Like 1

If I'm honest baz, the rifle on it's owned out performed all my g&g rifles.

However since I've upgraded them I'm used to a certain standard and want to get the dtw to the same spec, the only place (for me)it is lacking was the accuracy.

But I suppose it'll never be as good as a real sword from pas..

Once you get used to a particular standard from your kit it gets expensive . , I have learned this from every hobby I have participated in

Nowadays I try to buy guns that I know I can get some return on should I decide to up sticks and sell up .

Edited by Baddbaz