PTW clones( DTW A&K etc)

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not going to strip the cylinder and hop yet (later tonight). This is just a quick look at the cylinder, hop and barrel and the externals of the gearbox.   The Cylinder is blue anodised and well

It always amazes me the way people think that because the Systema is $1500 it's actually worth $1500. Do you really think it costs Systema more than a couple of hundred dollars to make? Do you think

ok on with the rest of part 2.   I had a look at the gearbox and electrics today. Some good news and some bad news but to keep you in suspense I'll put the bad news nearer the bottom. No sneak peeki

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again i just encountered a new problem. When i open op the ptw the gears cycle fine. But when i close it and shoot, the motor just spins for a second and then stops and won't run before i replug the battery.

any one got a solution for this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7MutKpFu6A&feature=c4-overview&list=UUiSHolO-rkvdtaRZTvsdwlw

hm wierd i just used the gun some hours ago where it was working fine. i have tried with two different cylinders. but same reslult. How can it be fixed?

and if its not catching the cylinder, why wold it stop running when closed?

Edited by Raketen
  • 4 weeks later...

Orga barrels are absurdly expensive =,( same with their flat hop nubs for PTWs, im working in an rhop alternative for TWs, but I need a spare hop+barrel

Any idea where I can get a PTW combo thatguy404? just hope I dont need to invest in the hop+barrel+cylinder+outer barrel or I will sell the *censored thing =(

What's up with the original?
The max3 hop wasn't terrible?
Orga is expensive.
The cylinder relates to most problems on the DTW. Replace the cylinder with PTW one, or replaced the nozzle and related parts (about £15GBP) with PTW for good results.
Dytac outer barrel was about 22USD from RSOV. Ptw Cylinder was expensive, but solved my chopping issues. PTW barrel and hop are £69GBP brand new.

As I said.
I'd like to try a KASTMAN KDH Hop unit.

Aeg barrel compatible. I'd like to drop in a TK twist with flat hop, or simple G&G green.

Edited by thatguy404

The original is not terrible, its the barrel, the part which enters into the nub ring is too fat for aftermarket nub rings, making my tests a bit difficult and I dont want to keep filling it and risk breakage =(

Are those barrels really 22$? I have been looking around and they are not cheaper than 50$ =( maybe they raised the price?

Is the KASTMAN chamber on sale? I havent seen it anywhere, last thing I know is that he was working in a second gen version as the first one had problems with some buckings+barrels setups...

EDIT: OK, I said nothing, video of the installation 

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=vb.391410187580635&type=2

He sells them through facebook, 125€ shipping included + own barrel... ufff... pricey. Will give it a tought -_-U

I have to see the video carefully at home, but it looks like a nice chamber. have you got some more information about it, thatguy404?

That price boost is not strange, TW prices are painfuly high even for silly cheap parts. Hope the more common ACM clones start to make those prices go down or I will be buying an ASAR as soon as it is confirmed it is reliable, unlike their ASCUs and ASHUs

I understand that concept Lyng, but I believe the DTW MAX3 is already nicely put together, and the only thing I feel not completly comfortable is the hop+barrel setup, not that it is bad, but it feel it is too ACM for my likings

I think about the Kastman chamber not only because it will be an improvement, to some degree, over the stock chamber but because I will be able to use one of the AEG barrels I already own along with one of the buckings in my spares box and hopefully rhop it (watched the video, not a chance of a proper rhop). Not to mention Im cheap as chips and I dont like paying 60$ for a simple 6.03mm TBB which differs to AEG barrels in a simple cut and are fatter for no good reason

This said, I havent got the slightest clue about what route to take, FCC? KDM? Both? my already low budget hates me with a passion

Thb kdm and fcc gen 2 is just for ease off adjustment, it doesent aid in precision or range.

Concentrate on getting the adjuster to sit tight arround the inner barrel, change the cushings to hard ones or a spring, and the nub to a more soft version then the original, thats pretty much it

Thb kdm and fcc gen 2 is just for ease off adjustment, it doesent aid in precision or range.

Concentrate on getting the adjuster to sit tight arround the inner barrel, change the cushings to hard ones or a spring, and the nub to a more soft version then the original, thats pretty much it

Yes, easiness of adjusting is a must for me, im spoiled by AEG hops... =( but a hop up chamber is important for performance, so im sure the KDM and FCC will improve over the DTW stock one

I believe the FCC chamber improves in the points you describe, correct me if im wrong, im still an Ubernoob in TW matters. For the nub, I will be using the MAG concave (glued) or a home made RHOP patch. That should settle it for me