PTW clones( DTW A&K etc)

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not going to strip the cylinder and hop yet (later tonight). This is just a quick look at the cylinder, hop and barrel and the externals of the gearbox.   The Cylinder is blue anodised and well

It always amazes me the way people think that because the Systema is $1500 it's actually worth $1500. Do you really think it costs Systema more than a couple of hundred dollars to make? Do you think

ok on with the rest of part 2.   I had a look at the gearbox and electrics today. Some good news and some bad news but to keep you in suspense I'll put the bad news nearer the bottom. No sneak peeki

Posted Images

Oh I was under the impression it would glue itself to the drill bit - guess if it isn't too sticky you can pull the bit out before it sets. I guess I'd get the idea once I had some to play with. Cool looking stuff.

Edited by DipTwit

Im sorry, I didnt express myself correctly. I meant that the guy I sold my DTW to, said that the MAG nub was awesome as he was getting some really long distance shots (70m with a 340FPS spring, which I believe is exagerated). Then I added (badly placed) the ORGA flat hop should yield good results as it is a simple flat hop system for the PTW, which you could test too if you had the cash to spare. But as you said, its quite the money to test without some good input from different sources

I read about the rhop option made with sugru, but the maker said that he scrapped it as the long ussage will destroy it eventually. It needs some bedding, then works great, with time it degrades and then it wont give the dessired results anymore and must be molded and changed again. Sugru is not expensive and with some extra nub bases its quite simple to have some ready to change for the cost of a single sugru "dose".

Cant comment myself as I didnt field the DTW before it was sold, but the theory is there

Oh no worries, that's why I asked, to be sure. I have bit the bullet and ordered one of each - hopefully I can then tell you how they compare. I'll have two A&K clones so I can run the nubs side by side.

Sugru sounds interesting but I doubt I'd play with it in hopups if it won't be consistent over time.

And yeah, 70m is way exaggerated if that report from bb *bramston pickle* is to be believed. Thanks guys

lol.... focus.... and control!  

I recently fell of the wagon... and brought a new M4 body ... to have the wife busted me when I got home...  "whats that"....     "its last one....   last one"  i say...   lol.
"and it will be built most from spare parts...   so it should be considered as recycling."  lol.

4704-13729.jpg

Thanks a lot "Thatguy404",

do you know any other store? Because JD Airsoft has only M4A1 available but I'm looking for MK18 mod1 replica with 9,5" RIS,

Another question, do you know if "UKARA subscription" is a must to foreigner purchaser too?

I'm a regular airsoft player in Italy, my club is in Rome and I have insurance and so on but, obviously, I'm not an UKARA member, do you know if it is a problem?

P.S. at all readers, sorry for my poor english.

Regards

Marco