PTW clones( DTW A&K etc)

Now, should your standard AEG fail, it will likely cost you pennies to get it running again....it's as simple as that. It's not a financial killer,

and come on now... will have to call boll...  ocks on that one.

how many "pennies" it cost you last time you fixed an AEG?

what monkey you payin peanuts too skillfully repair it?    lol.

Edited by The Insider
  • Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not going to strip the cylinder and hop yet (later tonight). This is just a quick look at the cylinder, hop and barrel and the externals of the gearbox.   The Cylinder is blue anodised and well

It always amazes me the way people think that because the Systema is $1500 it's actually worth $1500. Do you really think it costs Systema more than a couple of hundred dollars to make? Do you think

ok on with the rest of part 2.   I had a look at the gearbox and electrics today. Some good news and some bad news but to keep you in suspense I'll put the bad news nearer the bottom. No sneak peeki

Posted Images

I paid no pennies at all as I have two year warranty on a few of my guns , no parts , no labour to pay

What a lovely feeling to have ! Upgrades are covered under warranty if fitted by the shop . What more could you ask for .

As for dtw parts prices . Dtw motor 75quid , aeg motor 29. Quid . MOSFET board 100 quid ( dtw) MOSFET g&g20 quid .

The big difference is that a 29 pound aeg motor will last a hell of a lot longer than a dtw motor , which means the next option is a ptw motor for reliability which then sends costs spiralling upwards. Same with the hop / barrel etc .

As for my other 30 or so guns I have had no major reliability issues , maybe an occasional hop rubber or motor . All the money I have spent on them is because I wanted to , rather than had to .

The most expensive guns ( real swords ) have the cheapest parts to buy , 25 quid for a quality motor , whole gearbox is only 80 / 100 quid dependant on model . And the qc of the parts is so good upgrades are pointless .

Maybe dtw / g&d should take notes

Edited by Baddbaz

Pro Airsoft supplies give two years on g&g tt guns , landwarrior 18 months on them and a few others as well . Any warranty is intact if the shop does the upgrades / downgrade work . .

It does look like the retailers are marking up dtw parts over here . But the usual mark up is to convert dollar markup to the same in pounds over here . So 75 dollars becomes 75 pounds by the time we get to buy stuff .

thats great!... i wish retailers over here could do similar.
sadly unless your getting mates rates....   once you have tested your model and walk out the door... all warranty is lost.

even if the manufacturers ofter a warranty... the retailers here don't give a toss... as they will blame you for the damage.

but out side of the g&g models on warranty, i was referring to the difference between repairing an aeg, and repairing a DTW, is not as extreme as some might make out.
http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=570_572&products_id=16359

i guess more so for the mechanical parts over the electrical... which can't really be compared.

i suppose I should read up on possible issues my DTW might incur.
then again.... I'm a "if its not broken don't fix it" type of guy... so guess will face those hurdles if or when they arise.   ;)

If it has same instant trigger response, quick fps adjustment without tools and stopping firing on empty mag, I'm buying 5 of these. ;)

No, just buy one, you can actually use full auto to your hearts content.....kinda like a real rifle, and you can use it in moist weather conditions as well.....Seriously however, obviously the features you're talking about are important to you, so perhaps the TW platform is the correct choice for you, and any inherent issues with ownership are justified by the addition of those features.....

thats great!... i wish retailers over here could do similar.

sadly unless your getting mates rates....   once you have tested your model and walk out the door... all warranty is lost.

even if the manufacturers ofter a warranty... the retailers here don't give a toss... as they will blame you for the damage.

but out side of the g&g models on warranty, i was referring to the difference between repairing an aeg, and repairing a DTW, is not as extreme as some might make out.

http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=570_572&products_id=16359

i guess more so for the mechanical parts over the electrical... which can't really be compared.

i suppose I should read up on possible issues my DTW might incur.

then again.... I'm a "if its not broken don't fix it" type of guy... so guess will face those hurdles if or when they arise.   ;)

Yes you will, and at that point you'll be faced with a significant choice, do I repair the part using a standard DTW part, or (depending on why it failed in the first place) do I upgrade and use a higher quality Systema part, hence how and why the cost of ownership spirals. 

With regards to your assertion regarding the cost of repairing an AEG vs a DTW, I think Baddbaz has illustrated the differences. However, you also have to take into account geographics. Costs and availablility might be a minor consideration in Hong Kong, in the UK it's not. I'm UK based, so my experiences are based on that fact.

You guys need to understand that I'm not knocking TW's, however, in this review section, people have a right to know or see real user feedback. I understand that your experience (thus far) may be super, and I'm not trying to take that away from you, however, potential buyers need to see that there is another side to the story, which isn't so bright. 

You guys need to understand that I'm not knocking TW's, however, in this review section, people have a right to know or see real user feedback. I understand that your experience (thus far) may be super, and I'm not trying to take that away from you, however, potential buyers need to see that there is another side to the story, which isn't so bright.

yes...  but you also need to consider.... that 100's have been sold.... but you will only hear mostly from the complaints...

90 Owners that have no issue and problems would never need read a review or comment on the review of the model.

So the other side of the story would always be lop-sided.

Especially if old points are repeated,... and by those that don't or have never own the item under review.  lol.

its just like any thing...  one pubic hair in the soup...of a critic... from when the dishwasher had just one little pull in the walk in freezer... could ruin the reputation of a fantastic restaurant for life... even after Ramsay has done his kitchen nightmare.. .  lol

ok maybe thats not a good example.

uumm... and yes history should be well written... but do we still blame modern Germans for the war?

ok i've lost the plot. lol

and back on topic...

Opened up the DTW MAX3 last night and found a little surprise...  the Selector plate is now metal! 

adfUxQwe.jpg

so that would have to be a tick in the "fixed it" box for the DTW.

now if only we can get them as a spare part.

But will add it to the list.  ;) 

1, smaller mosfets, (under construction apparently)

2, upper receiver comparable with original early model DTW's ( just a few for those that want 2 in 1 set-ups)

3, Rotary hop up system.  

4, ECU programmable to semi only (for the few countries where this is law)

5, metal selector plate ( as a spare part for older models )

Edited by The Insider

First time I hear on the two-year warranty on G&G guns too. I'm wondering if that's something the local UK distributer forced onto the manufacturer (or dealers onto distributor). That's a great move.

And while the pricing for parts also totally region-specific, I'm sure that if The Insider can get a new DTW motor for 33 pounds in UK, than the TM-compatible motor would cost about 10 pounds, so triple the difference on the motor is a very valid concern.

I've owned two PTW (max and supermax) for only about a year, but I didn't have any issues with the motor, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed for my new AIRO (Celcius clone as far as I understand). And while my buddy developed a very nice hopup mod so that PTW shoots laser-straight on semi, I don't think I'm going to shy away from bursts. And we'll see how it goes. ;)

better to ask a silly question than to make a silly mistake. :rolleyes:

the DTW MAX3 all come have rails sets installed... so no need to install others... and rails standard airsoft 20mm wide.
although if you want to change rail sets... i'm sorry I'm unsure what would fit.  as i've not ventured that far yet.

Certainly, those DD lite clone rails and M16 M5 rail  look very good, and are part of the hard to resist temptation, but I have the common "I cant leave a gun looking the same way for two days" disease ='(

Im keeping an eye on them and see if they are reliable enough... im getting tired to wait for the Airsoft systems M4 ¬_¬

Thanks for the info insider

yes mate! its the only way to not start spending money in more fancy guns, see it like a self excuse to save some money and dont burn every paycheck as soon as it hits the bank :lol:

These *fruitcage *suitcage fancy TWs sure make it difficult though... "not reliable like an AEG" is my new mantra to not buying one right away, too :lol:

This hobby is more expensive than "easy" women  

I read the DTWs have a -14ACW flash hider, if the threads were AEG compatible too, that would be awesome and another hit to my willpower

[recites mantra]

Standard AEG CCW Flash hiders work on a DTW. Saying that, standard AEG CW flash hiders seem to work on PTW barrels

Question,

DTW, CTW, PTW barrel nuts.

Are they RS spec?

Thanks

I'm going to apologise for this long post. The quick answer is, I don't know. The long answer is, I think the DTW barrel thread is real spec. My reason: For some obscure reason, I swapped out my WE GBBR CQBR Delta ring and put it on my DTW. I then realised I wanted to keep the D ring on my WE but didn't want to take it off the DTW. I couldn't find anyone who could provide a spare WE D-ring......so, I took the plunge and bought a real steel D-ring which I fitted to my WE with no problems.

There you go. :)

Edited by Inq Eisenhorn
  • Like 1

Received my "Max3" today from JD airsoft.
Has the "marine" markings and the serial number is 95002002.
I was under the impression the Max3's started in the 95003500's somewhere?
I could be wrong.
There also appears to be evidence of where they have removed the front sight post, and fitted a Noveske Rail. As opposed to the DD which should be fitted as standard.
Anything else I should look for?
What should I say to JD.
They already sent me the wrong mags so i need to get that sorted anyway.

lol... they send you AEG mags ? 
its in the new coloured box yes ?
and there is a red safety warning sticker on top of the gear box?

also you can get a magnet... and test the steel end cap....  and inner barrel...outtersize  should be PTW size...  not AEG size.

edit...

i just checked the M16 Max3 i have on hand and its 950027 something something...  so the above 95003500's intell must be off a little.
yours should be legit.  only the worst type of retailer would do a switcharoo.

Edited by The Insider