PTW clones( DTW A&K etc)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not going to strip the cylinder and hop yet (later tonight). This is just a quick look at the cylinder, hop and barrel and the externals of the gearbox.   The Cylinder is blue anodised and well

It always amazes me the way people think that because the Systema is $1500 it's actually worth $1500. Do you really think it costs Systema more than a couple of hundred dollars to make? Do you think

ok on with the rest of part 2.   I had a look at the gearbox and electrics today. Some good news and some bad news but to keep you in suspense I'll put the bad news nearer the bottom. No sneak peeki

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

C'mon guys, seriously! My bet is people got bitten by the CTW gold rush and have made the simply logical leap, if CTW can't deliver a competent package, how the hell is something cheaper, which relays on a tie in with CTW, gonna be any better? My guess there's not enough been sold to warrant a second hand market flurry.

Personally, I think the DTW looks , and any product that comes with spares from another company in the box, spells bad news! Even if people are drinking the coolade, and gushing all over their new (bargain basement) PTW copy, I'm gonna wait till I can afford the real thing.

Looking at Systema PTW prices I'd rather grab myself a real steel gun ;)

Yeah? because firing real rounds at people really works well in airsoft! When are people going to realise airsoft guns don't = real guns, it's like comparing a snooker cue to racing car.

I think we got a small misunderstanding here. I (and I think you too) play airsoft to have fun. And fun it is, but for me firing an AK at the range beats airsoft in terms of having fun. So if I was to choose between fun (Systema PTW) and even more fun (real steel AK) I would choose more fun :). Systema PTW is a great piece of gear. The feeling, the trigger response, the bolt stop feature-that is all great, but a bit too expensive for my taste.

Edited by Nath

The problem with PTW is that they're quiten often faulty and parts cost a fortune. Local warranty is nil, because the local prices are too high.

With DTW and DTW parts, you get the same functionality at a price much lower. It's a lot more fun to toy around with it when a complete gearbox costs 50£ and all the parts are available for individual purchase.