PTW clones( DTW A&K etc)

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not going to strip the cylinder and hop yet (later tonight). This is just a quick look at the cylinder, hop and barrel and the externals of the gearbox.   The Cylinder is blue anodised and well

It always amazes me the way people think that because the Systema is $1500 it's actually worth $1500. Do you really think it costs Systema more than a couple of hundred dollars to make? Do you think

ok on with the rest of part 2.   I had a look at the gearbox and electrics today. Some good news and some bad news but to keep you in suspense I'll put the bad news nearer the bottom. No sneak peeki

Posted Images

For the most part, yes. In Germany some stores seem to have gotten a "new" improved version of the A&K PTW though. They slightly improved the motor, the mosfet has a better heatsink, the hop up is better, the MAG is slightly improved, the cylinder has supposedly also undergone minor improvements. I actually have one of those PTWs and also had an older Austrian model. While I dont think the motor has really been improved, the other stuff is definitely true. I also thought that the body looked a bit better. Finish was smoother.

So if you feel comfortable ordering a semi-version from Germany, I would go for those because I am not sure if other regions already received the "improved" version.

• 3 weeks later...

For the most part, yes. In Germany some stores seem to have gotten a "new" improved version of the A&K PTW though. They slightly improved the motor, the mosfet has a better heatsink, the hop up is better, the MAG is slightly improved, the cylinder has supposedly also undergone minor improvements. I actually have one of those PTWs and also had an older Austrian model. While I dont think the motor has really been improved, the other stuff is definitely true. I also thought that the body looked a bit better. Finish was smoother.

So if you feel comfortable ordering a semi-version from Germany, I would go for those because I am not sure if other regions already received the "improved" version.

And which shops in Germany have already gotten new versions of A&K PTW? Thanks in advance.

And which shops in Germany have already gotten new versions of A&K PTW? Thanks in advance.

To my knowledge, all of them should have them. That is: sniper-as.de, begadi.de and softairstore.de

I ordered mine from softairstore.de

Then again, the price difference between a shop in Poland, such as taiwangun.com, who stocks the old version, is 42 Euros. 378 Euros vs. 420 Euros.

If you plan on swapping out the inner barrel, hop up, the ECU and mosfet, etc. I think I would go for the old version at 378 Euros.

However, if you like to keep it the way it is for now then the new version is a better deal. Externals just look a tad bit nicer and smoother. That alone to me is worth it.

To my knowledge, all of them should have them. That is: sniper-as.de, begadi.de and softairstore.de

I ordered mine from softairstore.de

Then again, the price difference between a shop in Poland, such as taiwangun.com, who stocks the old version, is 42 Euros. 378 Euros vs. 420 Euros.

If you plan on swapping out the inner barrel, hop up, the ECU and mosfet, etc. I think I would go for the old version at 378 Euros.

However, if you like to keep it the way it is for now then the new version is a better deal. Externals just look a tad bit nicer and smoother. That alone to me is worth it.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Interesting video. Really liked the viewpoint, and the narration that went with it.

Kinda pity though, how many times he justifies breaking the rules... and then calls out his opponents for not being honest...I know, I know, I'm quibbling over little details a bit here, of course, we all get frustrated sometimes and do the same things.

Good to see the A&K serves him well, it's a decent and solid gun with some inexpensive starter internals so I'm not surprised. Now I just wish we didn't have to wait out winter to get some decent games going in our part of the world ;)

The person in that video is me actually. 

I was not breaking the rules really. The only thing that was questionable is my buddy that basically told me where the guy that hit him stood.

The referees really do say at the beginning of each game day "There is no shot rule" unless you stare down someones barrel from a meter away. The guy who used the shot rule on my teammate was 5 meters away, the guy that I said "bang/shot" to was a meter away and I knew he was there. If my KWA USP was working that day I would have used it, but it was below 5 Degrees Celsius. 

Wasnt breaking the rules at all in the video, I just was not playing fair because normally I would go back to the spawn if someone hits me more or less at the same time, in this instance like half a second later, but since out of 40 opponents more than half did not call their hits at all or only after a few followup shots I did not see any harm done.

In my entire airsoft career I have never ignored a clear hit. So dont be so quick to judge when you dont know all the facts.

Plus, the video is only to serve as a demonstration on how the A&K PTW performs completely upgraded

Edited by Alkany

Wasnt breaking the rules at all in the video, I just was not playing fair

I'll let that stand on its own merit, imagine if we all thought & played like that.

I didn't want to de-rail the purpose of the video either - I really liked the narration, I'd love to see more like that. I also play with the spectre / doctor combination and nice to see it working for others too. My only upgrades on the A&K so far has been inner barrel & hop up, but I don't like how loud the stock gearbox sounds - did you notice a big difference when you switched it out?

Oh ok, I didn't rally grasp the significance there lol! I'd never seen them called "STW"s before, yeah that's my excuse ;)

So, hop up similar to the RWA one, adjustable through the ejection port, and am I correct that the barrel will now be swappable with Systema ones? Mine wasn't, without swapping the whole thing, as the sleeve was a little different diameter.

The electronics in mine have never failed, but I guess if some have, the newer ones must be better. Doesn't look like the FET is the shorter type though, that would have been nice.

Spring is coming... spring is coming...

Obviously I am not shooting enough enemies... I haven't worn out a motor yet either  :o I even have an FCC and a Tac'd motor I picked up to make sure I had something for "when" mine died. But they haven't...

Sham the rest of the A&K site looks... um.... trying not to criticize here... slapped together I guess. Ok just not finished anyway. If they are going to have an online store you can buy parts from though, that would be a great thing.

^^^ this, this is really good to know.

I haven't wanted to go 'all out' in upgrading (why not just go systema if I wanted to do that...) but I'll be watching this coming summer, hoping to get lots of play time in, and see how the A&K holds up. An etiny set is ok with me if that's what it needs Thanks for the info!

• 5 weeks later...

Just to follow-up on the compatibility of the A&K with Systema parts:

I had the chance to swap some bits around, as my motor's pinion gear loosened, and started slipping down the shaft, losing contact with the bevel gear. The pinion got pretty worn down from grinding, even just from a couple pulls of the trigger. Since I have a Tac'd Systema motor I wanted to start using that.

The bevel/pinion in the A&K PTW are slightly helical - ie the teeth on the bevel look just a bit spiralled. There are other brands of PTW gears that do this as well, but the stock Systema does not. So not wise to upgrade the motor without matching up the bevel/pinion set one way or the other.

Further, a Systema bevel won't go (nicely) into an A&K gearbox - at least not mine. The bearings on the A&K are larger, and when you try to put the Systema bevel gear into the A&K bearings you'll find there isn't quite enough room for it, length-wise. I did try to use some shims and replace the collar on the bevel gear's shaft to try and get a working combination, but it seems pressure from closing the gearbox would always cause binding of the gear.

The much easier solution is to put one of the helical pinion gears onto your new Systema/FCC/whatever motor.

Also discovered, the A&K I got uses ceramic instead of plastic for the insulating spring posts at the end of the motor. Sadly, one of mine cracked. In order to replace it, I'd have to somehow remove the ceramic stump left behind down in the threads... so far no luck with that, which is another reason I switched in my Systema motor. Someday maybe I'll figure out how to get this motor patched up, as it's still a good working motor, otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...