Blurb from Surefire's website for the real deal.

M300A

The new SureFire® Mini Scout Light, powered by just one 123A lithium battery, is a powerful, lightweight LED WeaponLight that mounts securely to any Mil-Spec Picatinny rail via an integral thumbscrew clamp. Its shock-proof LED emitter and TIR lens create a tight 110-lumen beam with plenty of reach for longer-range applications yet enough surround light for close-quarter situations. WeaponLight activation is achieved by clicking the tailcap pushbutton switch or, for fingertip control without altering your grip on the weapon, by depressing the included pressure-activated tape switch. The ultra-compact, durable Mini Scout Light was built to withstand the rigors of combat without weighing your weapon down.

I bought this as I was looking for a small tac light which wouldn't look silly on my MP9.

Things included in the package were:

Flashlight

Push button tail cap

Tail cap with pressure switch

sticky backed hook and loop Velcro

Having only seen pictures of the light on it's own and not attached to anything, I didn't know how small this light really was. It's tiny compared to most other flash lights I've seen. However, for such a tiny light it has the power of a small sun. I was really surprised at just how bright this thing was, even on just 1 CR123A battery! The construction is solid and it doesn't feel cheap at all. One thing that threw me off is that you remove the head of the torch instead of the tail cap. That only threw me off because pretty much every other torch took batteries in the tail. The rail mount is built into the torch and is very sturdy.

After faffing about and attaching it to the MP9, I took it outside for a range test. I was again impressed with the "throw" of the beam. I have a fairly long garden, probably about 40 - 45 meters long, and the beam was bright enough to see things at that range, it still had plenty of travel left after that. This may best be used for CQB applications, however it will work in woodland just as well.

I bought the torch from a seller on eBay for £45 posted, slighter cheaper than the other airsoft shops stocking it.

Overall, I am very happy with this torch. It's bright, small and well built. Time will tell on how long it holds up, but I don't see it self destructing any time soon.

Overall score - 9/10. I'm only knocking a mark off because it's not 100% accurate to the pictures I've seen from the SureFire website.

Please note in the picture I actually reversed the mount so it would fit on the MP9's rail slighter better. It's not really meant to be like that but it works for me!

615932_10152220350135543_1993147837_o.jpg

Edited by Wild_XIII

£200 for the Element copy? That's pretty hefty! Action Hobbies have them for £50 before postage and Airsoft World have them for £40 before postage.

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/M300-Mini-Scout-Tac-Light-And-Mounts_A15PHB.aspx

http://www.airsoftworld.net/gun-accessories/laser-sights-and-mounts/element-m300-short-weapon-light-flash-light-black.html

You sure you're not looking at the real one? That would make sense it's £200.

If you don't like the clamp knob getting in the way, you can get an offset mount (Element makes LaRue and IWC offset mounts) that will fit the m600/m300 series and mount the offest mount on the side rails to get the light closer to the center line of the gun along with removing the knob near the sights which would seem to be an eyesore :P

I'll add to the other reviews here by saying the following:

I have both the real Surefire and Element versions of this light. I run the real thing on my S&W M&P15T, and the Element on my KJW M4 GBBR.

1. The Element knockoff is brighter and more focused than the Surefire by quite a bit.

2. The hardware is virtually identical, short of the tape switch and a couple other minor things.

3. After having tried MANY of the different mounting options available for both the m300 & m600 including the stock and LaRue LT752 type mounts. I've finally found what I consider to be the perfect solution for those running a ris/rail type mount. It's the IWC/Haley Strategic Dropwing mount built specifically for these lights. I have the IWC/HS mount on my real steel, but Element does make a knockoff version that I picked up from EBAIRSOFT. It mounts the light forward of the rail system, and slightly lower so that it's more out of line of sight of your non-dominant eye which is what I prefer.

post-53029-13523770568332_thumb.jpg

Overall, this is a GREAT little light, and I highly recommend it as well!

Sent from my totally sexy, Android powered, IPod killing, Samsung Galaxy S3 ;-)

Just a quick update, took this to The Mall on Sunday. Worked extremely well, really tight, bright beam that didn't dim. I used it a lot, no loss of intensity.

Several cons, but easily fixed:

• The adhesive on the pressure tape is absolute wonk, so you'll need to attach it to the rifle with something like electrical tape. After that it's perfect.
  • Now and then the torch would stop working, which confused me a bit. I found out that it's because the battery cap will sometimes unscrew if you're running around with it a lot, if you drop your rifle, etc. This was also fixed by some electrical tape wrapped around the battery cap.

Edited by DrAlexanderTobacco

I used double sided velcro tape to secure my tape switch -- though depending on where you place it and the amount of contact, you may need something extra to help secure it.

If you use a fairly large and flat space (on the slab-sided SCAR, there are many places like this) it works a treat though! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'll add to the other reviews here by saying the following:

I have both the real Surefire and Element versions of this light. I run the real thing on my S&W M&P15T, and the Element on my KJW M4 GBBR.

1. The Element knockoff is brighter and more focused than the Surefire by quite a bit.

2. The hardware is virtually identical, short of the tape switch and a couple other minor things.

3. After having tried MANY of the different mounting options available for both the m300 & m600 including the stock and LaRue LT752 type mounts. I've finally found what I consider to be the perfect solution for those running a ris/rail type mount. It's the IWC/Haley Strategic Dropwing mount built specifically for these lights. I have the IWC/HS mount on my real steel, but Element does make a knockoff version that I picked up from EBAIRSOFT. It mounts the light forward of the rail system, and slightly lower so that it's more out of line of sight of your non-dominant eye which is what I prefer.

post-53029-13523770568332_thumb.jpg

Overall, this is a GREAT little light, and I highly recommend it as well!

Sent from my totally sexy, Android powered, IPod killing, Samsung Galaxy S3 ;-)

Does this version come with a clicky tail cap? If so how does it fair compared to the real one. On the older 300 clones the travel was too short and light to use it as a momentary switch like you could on the real one.

• 1 month later...