Project ”Perfect Pistol Case” (RS replicas)

NonEx

Adjusted the certificate, pretty spot on now, as much as it can be without buying fonts and whatever. :)

Overlay in Photoshop gives me a good match, taking into account the distortion of the paper and camera FOV in the original image. I think it will do:

Referense

ppc_sig_cert_ref.png

Updated replica

ppc_sig_226_cer_adj3.jpg

U JELLY, SIG SAUER? :P

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you doubting my research ? :D

RS Glock 17 retail box.

They may not come on the retail packaged spare magazines though, that I do not know. 

All I'm saying is, I've purchased two brand new Glocks (red label) recently, and none of the included magazines had those stickers.

BTW is private gun ownership banned in Sweden? When I reached this point of obsession with "realism," I just bought a real gun.

Puresilver, sorry for late reply, nope they are "stock" HK/WE P226 engravings. But yes they are extremely nice, very deep and defined.

slu, no it is not, but it is heavily restricted and "monitored". I could get a real gun through gun club membership and regular shooting, but it doesn't really appeal to me much yet. I hate that I would have to do air gun shooting first and then .22 before I can get a 9mm, which is kind of standard practise here.

Also, I am not sure if I would trust myself or other around me with real guns just yet. I like guns, the design and mechanics of them, but I am not sure the fact that having a real one means I have something which is designed for and can potentially kill someone or myself is something I want right now.

Not familiar with "red label" Glocks or what that is. It may very well be that those labels are only required in certain states or for certain Glock models or it's for older ones.

Either way I thought it was a cool detail to replicate and put on there.

• 1 month later...

Hey nonex this is a really great result you've had from this. I've read the whole thread just now and I have to say I share at least some of your need for perfection. If only I was anywhere near your level at achieving it! Seriously these cases are utterly exactly what I pictured when I read your specs in the op. It's something to be said that you finish your projects to spec :)

Also try not to get down if you end up less than happy with the results. Just tot it up to experience :) Also you're very good at forgeries but if you did do rs 'style' airsoft manuals to go with these then I could see a place for them as gift boxes for the airsofter in your life who has everything. I mean with the functioning chamber flag and slide lock you're onto a winner.

All in all, very impressed.

Mike

Thanks man, I appreciate that.

And yeah, I was a bit suprised to be honest but the end result came out great for all of the boxes, pretty much as I had imagined them. 

It's not like me, but I do feel a little bit proud of my work here :D

Glad you enjoyed it!

As for the custom manuals, not going to happen. Waaaay too much work and my OCD would kill me if I persued that project, so no, I will leave it as is :P

Just a quick note on watching your XD(M) video - when you talk about the safety (4:02) you demonstrate that your magazines are not only unloaded but not gassed. That's not a good way to store magazines - without pressure to keep them conformal to their seats and without the silicone added to airsoft gas, the seals will rapidly dry out and deform, and then your magazines will leak like it's going out of fashion. I fully charge my magazines before putting them away, knowing that they will leak slightly (as do all pressure bearing vessels) but that they won't empty for months if not years. Storing them with less than a full charge simply shortens the time 'til they're empty; storing them empty will wreck them.

I normally don't store my magazines with gas but I make sure they get plenty of lube. Have not had much issues with my magazines in my 10 years of GBB airsoft collecting so I think it's fine. I guess it depends on ambient temperature and humidity as well and the type of gas and lubrication used when wactually using and maintaining the guns and magazines.

I also have bulk packs of spare o-rings so it's not a big deal if I run into problems once in a while.

But thanks for the concern.

• 5 months later...

Hmmm... Sorry for the necro on my own thread, but I just had to.

I just went back and watched some of these videos for my own enjoyment, call it narcisitic or what have you :P

Anyways. When I look at this I myself am blown away by what I have put into these items. Like, seriously, something's wrong with me :P

But on the plus side, even I was like "damn, that dude made some really awesome replica retail boxes" :P

I gotta do one for my Stark Glock 19! :D

(video that is. Box etc. is already in place of course!)

• 3 weeks later...

WIP for the next project. Walther PPQ M2 case;

umarex_walther_ppq_m2_box_01.jpg

umarex_walther_ppq_m2_box_02.jpg

umarex_walther_ppq_m2_box_03.jpg

Paper target is replica by me, WIP. Other items are original (paperwork that is).

Speedloader is on the way.

The void from the missing backstraps is killing me. I seriously hope Umarex / VFC release the extra ones. I can't believe they are not included in the original box...

Label reference and information acquired, will create label this week.

Finally got around to fitting my RS Sig Sauer P228 grips on my WE F228 GBB.

Dang, it was alot of work. Basically had to reshape every surface of the inside of the grips... Now, me being the idiot with tools and fitting parts that I am I sanded some areas where I did not have to, and some a little more than necessary, but I think it came out alright after all;

we_f228_sig_grips_01.jpg

we_f228_sig_grips_02.jpg

we_f228_sig_grips_03.jpg

we_f228_sig_grips_04.jpg

What's the problem with fitting RS grips to Marui/clone SIGs? Apart from mainspring housing being completely different and thus causing problems, I know about that issue. The trick is you can fit a RS MSH to a Marui SIG if you widen the hole mainspring sits in, as RS mainspring is smaller.

I am a little confused about the question. But the grips did not go on without modification. Screw holes had to be widened, some parts inside the grip panel had to be sanded down, and the actual inside of the grip panels had to be sanded down to give a flush fit.

I can't explain it in text, but I basically tried to make the RS grips look like the WE grips internally first, then went from there with additional mods.

Archived