Project ”Perfect Pistol Case” (RS replicas)

NonEx

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I did some serious work tonight. Re-did all the material from scratch with proper UPC-A and Code39 barcodes, matches original perfectly, found new fonts, edited EPS barcodes to match in style and height etc. and so forth. Think I am close enough now;

Glock Case Sticker

glock_17_case_label.jpg

Glock Spent Casing Envelope (not re-worked yet)

glock_casing_envelope.jpg

Smith & Wesson M&P Case Sticker

s%2526w_m%2526p_ean_code_remake_4.jpg

Smith & Wesson M&P Spent Casing Envelope

s%2526w_m%2526p_spent_casing_envelope.jpg

Smith & Wesson "Something" Envelope / Paper

s%2526w_registration_paper.jpg

Sig Sauer Case Sticker

sigsauer_sticker_labels.jpg

XDM Case Stickers (just noticed some text is mis-aligned and cutting into eachother, will fix)

xdm_stickers.jpg

XDM Spent Casing Envelope (not re-worked yet)

xmd_spent_casing_envelope.jpg

Hellz yeah! :D

Now just gotta find stickers that match up with the designs. Actually. Need to get all the cases first to verify the actual measurements of the stickers and then adapt to existing stickers. But it's going goood.

Only Beretta stickers to go now and envelopes for Sig & Beretta, have no referense so will make those up.

Oh and everything is InDesign vector based so scalable to infinity and beyond ! :D

On the plus side I am teaching myself InDesign while doing this :P

Price will be whatever shipping is to you plus a nominal fee for materials. :)

If anyone wants anything let me know !

The case I ordered from Midway is the black SigSauer pistol case, most likely same ?

Oh, and if you like the Sigs, today I am going to do the Sig Sauer ribbon seal band that goes around the grip upon delivery fresh out of the box :)

LIke this ?

Jtjzj.jpg

No UPC-A code visible in that shot unfortunatly, depends on how anal you are if you need that to be authentic as well.

If Sig US is anything like Germany just call or mail them and ask for a printer copy of the Navy manual. :)

As for the cable locks, I think I Have an idea. I will get some rubber-shrink-tube and put over it. You know the kind that shrink under heat and is rubbery. Think that will work well and protect the finish of the pistols a little better, should I ever use the locks. :)

Todays work so far;

Sig Sauer New In Box Grip Ribbon Seal (will adjust measurements once I get my Sig 228)

sigsauer_ribbon_Seal.jpg

Spent Casing Envelopes Prototypes (two different seam styles and made them in brown paper and white paper)

envelope_prototype.jpg

Only the XDM envelope is white, no pics of those but they look the same, but white! :P

I prefer the split rear seam vs. the double sided rear seam. Tried using glue and double sided sticky tape. The glue kind of floats out and leaves some residue, warping and discoloration, and the double sided tape adds some height to the seams and is a *badgeress* to work with, insanely sticky stuff! I think I will go with the glue for the production ones, if I apply it carefully enough it should be fine and is easier to work with than the friggen tape.

I am using food disposal recycle bags for the brown paper material, looks and feels just right IMO and was easily accessible and free :)

Also, on the double side seam, due to the envelope template being alot longer, I have to use some fold maks on the bags for it so that's a negative as well.

Envelopes will have a strip of scotch tape on the envelope side where the folding tab will come down, which has a piece of double sided tape on it, so you can seal the envelopes with the tape, but open it without ripping the brown paper bag material :D

So yeah, looking good. Just gotta mass produce these bad boys now :)

The case I ordered from Midway is the black SigSauer pistol case, most likely same ?

AFAIK, only 2 kinds of black boxes, one for the SS Mosquito (smaller) and for the other lines which is the same size for either black, blue, or red. Only difference really for the others is the foam insert. Other than that minor niggle, you are golden

No UPC-A code visible in that shot unfortunatly, depends on how anal you are if you need that to be authentic as well.

Its only the serial number tag which you already have something replicated from your post #77. Those you have replicated are for the newer release Sigs which are perfect. The older ones are different. (like on my SigPro 2340 (blue) case)

Mweh...

Called up S&W. Their rep was like "You want a what? Can't you just download it?... Ship internationally?! I don't know if we do that *click transfer*" *fruitcage* those guys. I will print the PDF myself. ###### poor attitude.

Springfield still had Thanksgiving out of office activated so guess I will call them tomorrow.

GLOCK official rep emailed me an order form for parts and acessories, real nice list with good prices! Will order from there for sure :D

EDIT: Ah but of course, the order form is from Glock USA and has no option for specifying country.... bleh !

Get me the referense pics for it and I will make it happen :)

EDIT: OK maybe I made that sound easier than it is. I won't replicate the actual case or manual, but stickers and other paperwork I can do, if you get high enough res pics.

Oh yeah, the US Glock rep said she would forward me to someone who can assist internationally with ordering acessories etc. So that is nice.

Oh yes!

Unboxing galore today!

Sig Sauer pistol case, was not pluck foam but a fixed cut foam, I assume it fits all Sig models. Cool case!

Glock case was a big suprise! Came with everything in it, cleaning kit, lock, manual, safety info, etc. So only sticker and gun needed for it ! :D

Only negative, some of the glue holding the foam in place had let go, no biggie, will superglue it back in place !

Kind of regret not splashing for the lockable version as the other cases are lockable, but doubt I will use that feature so. I guess for my GEN4 Glock I can get the lockable version :)

Pics coming soon!

I don't have a Sig pistol yet :D

Hopfully have a P228 this week.

It would hold 1 in the gun and one in the "side pocket".

sig_sauer_case.JPG

The storage below the foam is for the lock I think. No room for a mag there at least.

Jus thad a look at the webpage ref. pic from the past page, the design is not the same as what I got. I guess they switch up the cases and internal designs as they please when they come up with new and "better" ways to store and place things.

BTW, the Glock pistol lock cable had much thicker and rubbery shielding than the MasterLock locks, those are just painted metal basically, definatly will get the shrink wrap for those.

HURR DURR! :D

I just got off the phone with XDM. Went well. So far they have #1 customer service for sure.

And, to top it all off, they had 30% off on the cases and accessories so I got a good deal!

1x XDM .40 S&W pistol case + foam

1x BladeTech XDM .40 S&W right handed holster

1x BladeTech XDM .40 S&W double magazine holder

1x Maglula speed-loader

1x Pistol cable lock

1x Instruction manual

1x M factor brochure

1x Product catalog

85 USD excluding shipping. I think originally it was 130 USD or something!

I'm cool with that :)

EDIT: I just realized I am *fruitcage* crazy. Most people would settle to do this "deluxe box kit" for one of their pistols, I am doing it for 6 ... :|

Woop. Got the WE F228 today, not 100% related to this topic but yet it is, so here is the video;

http://youtu.be/w6030i20LzM

First impression is great, I like it alot. Nice and solid, crips feel to all the controls and functions, finish looks decent, will see how it holds up. Overall I think this is the nicest feeling and looking WE pistol out of the box so far... :)

Did some work today. Trying to find proper SKU and UPC codes for the correct model guns I have. Ie. if my referense photo for the S&W M&P is a .45 I need SKU and UPC for a 9mm etc.

Also, payment to Springfield didn't work with my CC so had to do a money wire...

Mass production has commenced!

Spent casing envelopes

spent_casing_envelopes_production.jpg

Sig Sauer new pistol grip seal ribbon

sigsauer_ribbon_Seal_mass_production.jpg

Everything is moving along nicely. Biggest concern right now is finding matching sizes for all the box labels, just being off by 1-2mm really affects the asthetics and fit of the label, will custom cut if I have to.

Gonna order some zip loc bags for the pistol locks and ear plugs. Ordered blue, red and black shrink tubing to put on the pistol locks as well to add an extra layer of protection on the cable.

So far, the Sig box is never more than a foot away from me, dang this stuff is gonna turn out nice!

Still trying to find a good source for matching SKUs and UPC-A codes, kind of a *badgeress* as I am getting mixed results back on some stuff :(

Sig Sauer Read Manual WARNING tag (final)

sigsauer_read_manual_tag_final.jpg

Hopefully I can run some pre-production print tests at work tomorrow night and see how things turn out.

As for the barcode stickers, I think I will scratch the idea of finding the right sticker sizes or adapting to available ones and just print on suitable paper, cut and glue them on myself. I think that will turn out the best IMO.

Aiming for having the Sig case completed this week, ASAP :)

Sig Sauer Limited Lifetime FIrearms Warranty card

sigsauer_limited_lifetime_warranty.jpg

Sig Sauer P228 pistol-case stickers, final

sigsauer_sticker_labels_final.jpg

Oooh yeah! :D

Got proper P228 SKU code, simulated properly formated serial number and UPC A code for M11... Can't find any UPC code for a 228...

*beep*... I just can't stop.. The stuff is like 99.9% accurate, and then I am like, "weeeell maybe just a liiiiitle bit better" ... 5 hours later, I have made no differense what so ever and just fiddled around and find out the copy I had before I started was good enough. No stopping my brain on this. The fact that I am trying to match up free fonts with this stuff makes it almost impossible to do, because most labels etc. are matrix printed on dedicated label printers and that stuff doesn't use normal fonts.

I think I will need to embrace this guy;

close_enough.png

Sig Sauer Montage (Work In Progress...)

sigsauer_combo_WIP.jpg

Found some new referense material today searching for "Sig Sauer NIB", as in New In Box, got lots of hit on people selling stuff and everything layed out in detail with decent res pics, so everything is more accurate now... But come on!

WHEN WILL THE MADDNESS STOP !?

God dangit. Did some print tests today. I think I overestimated the performance of the printer easily accessible to me. Not good enough. Also duplex printing alignment will be an issue, have to take that into account in my designs, no biggie as it is not off by much but there is a fault tolerance.

Might have to talk nice to the guys over at production printing and see if they can help me out with the final runs... But I guess it's kind of sensetive considering the material I am producing :|

mweh. Had it been anything else, I would not hessitate.

On the other hand, I am talking abou the guys who printed a "Sales broschure" with a serious cover and then only nudies inside so :P

Soo... Here are some pics and videos of what is going down :)

Sig Sauer P228 grip seal ribbon print test

prsc_p228_ribbon_001.jpg

Well well well, that looks pretty dang good if I may say so myself :) Put it on with some double sided tape.

prsc_p228_ribbon_002.jpg

Hmmm... the print color kinda frazzles a little after I cut it to size, not sure how to fix that. Will ask my techs at work!

WE F228 / Sig Sauer P228 grip ribbon seal video update

http://youtu.be/RRIYG6dgIvw

HK Glock 17 + RS Glock pistol case = win !

prsc_hk_glock_17_004.jpg

prsc_hk_glock_17_001.jpg

prsc_hk_glock_17_003.jpg

prsc_hk_glock_17_002.jpg

HK Glock 17 first impressions video, WE/HK praise and general chatter

http://youtu.be/Nvb2t9dtAZs

HUUUUUGE tumbs up for the HK Glock 17... 90 USD, WHY DON'T YOU HAVE ONE ALREADY ?!!??! Go buy it and be done with it. I'm ordering a HK Glock 17 GEN4 ASAP.

Archived