Project ”Perfect Pistol Case” (RS replicas)

NonEx

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problem, let me know if you want anything. If you like doing it yourself that is fine but I have put alot of hours into this to get it to this point and this detailed so it would be easier for me to make you some material if you like :o

I'll probably request stuff rather than do it myself.  I can source the case for my Sig, but the rest of it is too much for me haha...  I love doing work on my guns, but the extras like this are best left to others.  We'll be in touch...

The only one that I know I am missing is the M factor paper, what else do you have ? :o

Sure get me scans of what you got. I think I can ask Springfield for original copies though as they were very helpful, but I am pretty satisfied with what I got for it. I think contents may vary from batch to batch and I guess some shops may put in their own promotional material etc.

Sure! I've got another warning card, the large M Factor cardstock card, and a bifold Congratulations on your purchase/warranty card. That last one might just be a different version of the warranty card you have, just with a congratulations letter from Springfield printed on one flap of it.

I think that warning card is now binded inside of the manual, as I saw it on my referense pics as seperate, but it was in my manual.

The M factor sheet would be nice to have though, might have to contact springfield about that.

Here's some scans of the different documents of mine.  Manual is the same.

Holster instructions are a bit different: Page 1, Page 2

Congratulations on your purchase card, with warranty info on the back: Front, back

Warning card (this is the same size as my manual, just is an insert and isn't bound in): English front, ">Spanish back

And then, of course, the M-Factor.  Can't forget that!

XDMDocs_Page_1.jpg

My overall case layout is a bit different than yours, so I'm guessing it's just dependent on the version of the case.  My XDM case has been around for a few years and serves more as a workhorse carrying case than a showy dealio.  (Pictured with a TM XDM)

photo.jpg

All the best,

Andy

Got some work done today and some production prints of new stuff. Looking friggen AWESOME! :)
Just need some referense materials for the S&W warranty card and Club 1852 and then it should be done, just about.

New material :o
ppc_new_material.jpg

Sig Sauer warning and QC tags.
ppc_sig_sauer_warning_tag.jpg

Some more Sig Sauer warranty cards, front.
ppc_sig_sauer_warranty_front.jpg

Sig Sauer warranty cards, rear.
ppc_sig_sauer_warranty_rear.jpg

WE M&P manuals.
I decided to try and make my own S&W M&P manuals at work. Turned out OK but was alot of work (manually aligned all pages, manual duplex printing, had to cut all pages 4 times etc.). I still want the originals but this will work for now. :)
ppc_s%2526w_m%2526p_manual.jpg

WE M&P black, proper Code 39 barcode.
ppc_s%2526w_m%2526p_sticker_bk_proper_co

WE M&P black, box contents.
ppc_s%2526w_m%2526p_sticker_bk_contents.

WE M&P black, envelope, matching serials.
ppc_s%2526w_m%2526p_sticker_bk_envelope_

WE M&P FDE, proper Code 39 barcode.
ppc_s%2526w_m%2526p_sticker_bk_proper_up

WE M&P FDE, box contents.
ppc_s%2526w_m%2526p_sticker_fde_contents

WE M&P FDE, envelope, matching serials.
ppc_s%2526w_m%2526p_sticker_fde_envelope

HK GLock 17 GEN3 barcode sticker, fixed UPCA number font.
ppc_glock_sticker_fixed_upca.jpg

HK Glock 17 GEN3 box contents, hard to close the lid there's so much stuff!
ppc_glock_case_contents.jpg

HK Glock 17 GEN3 spent casing envelope. Unfortunatly the BB poked a hole it in when I put it in the case, there was so much stuff in there it got stuck inbetween the lock and the manuals etc... Oh well, guess I have to make another.
ppc_glock_envelope_front.jpg

HK Glock 17 GEN3 spent casing envelope, matching serials. (out of focus, sorry!)
ppc_glock_envelope_serial_match.jpg

Bonus video on the Sig Sauer case. Sorry for the slow and muffled voice, 2am sooo...

LIKE A BOSS!

Mweh... You guys were right. I am not satisfied even after all this work and effort and, I guess, decent results. I keep re-doing and re-making things and adjusting even after my suposed "final production print"... Sucks balls is what it does.

Anxiety consumes me.

FML.

For what it's worth, I think you've done a cracking job. And if the anxiety ever gets to be too much, then I will willingly take them off your hands!

Seriously though, good job, and if these aren't up to your standards perhaps you could get the real things (not a problem in Sweden, right?).

• 2 weeks later...

Long time since I posted an update in here...

Here is my new... CO2 powered Glock 17 GEN4... ;)

The case

ppc_g17g4_001.jpg

The Sticker

ppc_g17g4_002.jpg

The Contents

ppc_g17g4_003.jpg

RS GEN4 backstrap replacement kit (drop in fit!)

ppc_g17g4_004.jpg

Spare magazine with RS speedloader

ppc_g17g4_005.jpg

Custom made hand crafted spent casing envelope

ppc_g17g4_007.jpg

Spent casing envelope back

ppc_g17g4_008.jpg

Paperwork 

ppc_g17g4_009.jpg

The GEN4

ppc_g17g4_010.jpg

ppc_g17g4_011.jpg

ppc_g17g4_012.jpg

ppc_g17g4_014.jpg

RS backstraps to the left, airsoft to the right, pretty big differense in finnish appearance. RS has that very particular sheen/gloss to it...

ppc_g17g4_015.jpg

That will be all for now :D

Small update on the RS backstraps. While they fit on the pistol just fine, they were slightly too snug of a fit for the hole for the pin to align properly and could not be secured fully. The RS pin that came with the kit was polymer and deformed when I tried to drive it thru. The pin does work with the airsoft backstraps though.

So, I got inspired by this guys;

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-129817-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhiCTjKqHktifHURulQpF4GUd-cbNg

And I made these;

Glock magazine retail packaging (they come in hard plastic packaging but I can't replicate that so :P

ppc_glock_17_retail_mags_front.jpg

ppc_glock_17_retail_mags_rear.jpg

ppc_glock_17_retail_mags_front_single.jp

ppc_glock_17_retail_mags_rear_single.jpg

Glock magazine warning sticker (the orange color is hard to capture properly on camera it seems :0 )

ppc_glock_17_retail_mags_warning_sticker

I also got myself a GunsModify serial number plate with matching serial number, to replace the stupid safety serial number plate

ppc_glock_17_gunsmodify_serial_plate.jpg

And some Shooters Design Glock magazine base plates;

Original

ppc_glock_17_hk_mag_base.jpg

Replacement part

ppc_glock_17_sd_mag_base.jpg

Installed (a little bummed out that it doesn't have the circular button cut out like the Stark Glock 19 has but, oh well... and the sides are beveled on the plate, but I can live with that!)

ppc_glock_17_sd_mag_base_install.jpg

And last but not least some Guarder recoil spring guide kits to replace the horribly finished stock one

ppc_glock_17_recoil_spring_guarder.jpg

The paper in the back of the magazine bags is a little too big. Since the bag deforms when the magazine is in it the paper gets squeezed together a little, so have to make them a bit smaller to fix that. Also, the magazines that come in the retail box of the Glocks, with 3 magazines, doesn't come in these retail packagings, but I just felt like trying to make em... :P

:D

Oh yeah, this is gonna turn out real nice!

EDIT: Almost forgor, this is what the GEN4 box contents look like now;

ppc_glock_17_box_contents.jpg

So I did something therapeutic yesterday, all day...

Replicating the Smith & Wesson registration paper, by hand (as with everything), in InDesign. :D

Man I wish they had that thing up as a PDF on their website... :|

The referense pics (from RS, thanks to planeman for these);

Front page(s)

ppc_sw_reg_ref_front.jpg

Rear page

ppc_sw_reg_ref_back.jpg

Now those are all the referense pics I have had to work with, with the exception of a partially exposed folded card next to a manual for size referense. :o

And here is what I came up with (a couple of mistakes in first prototype prínt)

Front page(s) (forgot to flip the bottom page, not sure why S&W did it that way but whatever)

ppc_sw_reg_front3.jpg

Back page

ppc_sw_reg_back.jpg

Some formating and alignment errors on the back. Notice S&Ws mistake though, where is point #12 ? :D

And here are some screenshots of InDesign just to show you it's for reals! :P

Front page(s)

ppc_sw_reg_ind_front.jpg

Rear page

ppc_sw_reg_ind_back.jpg

You're probably wondering why I didn't just have someone scan the pages and send me, or print out a PDF copy.

Well, a scan would be, IMO, sub par quality for print reproduction, it would be hard to get right for someone to scan.

PDF would have been an acceptable option but it isn't available AFAIK, they only have a website form online registration for it.

And besides, I actually enjoyed doing it, sat at the computer non stop basically from 2pm to 2am and went to print at 3am :P

Yearh, I am crazy :|

Archived